How do you felt in love with Guns N' Roses

Desilusioned

Well what happend was i was in target one day after i got paid. I was going to buy a differant album. Then i saw the guns n roses greatest hits. I looked at the back on the cd then i saw welcome 2 the jungle on the back and i saw some others i was farmilar with. I did not know they did welcome 2 the jungle and Paradise City. I have heard wttj on gta san andreas and i liked it but i did not know who sang it. Until i bought it. Then i thought they were the best.

rock1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching a musicchannel waiting to see a stupid boyband (I was very young) and then suddenly they played Paradise City and I was like "what is that? I thought I was into nice boys, but this is...... ". It was a wild moment and it was like coming home. I could imagine it would be the same feeling for someone who finds peace in religion or something like that. Axl made a big impression because I had the feeling that id known him for a long time, like a familymember or something like that. The next time I met my two best friends, the first thing we said to each other was: "Have you heard Guns N Roses???" We were all hooked at the same time. I bought Appetite as soon as I could get the money and it has been my favorite ever since.

I was watching a musicchannel waiting to see a stupid boyband (I was very young) and then suddenly they played Paradise City and I was like "what is that? I thought I was into nice boys, but this is...... ". It was a wild moment and it was like coming home. I could imagine it would be the same feeling for someone who finds peace in religion or something like that. Axl made a big impression because I had the feeling that id known him for a long time, like a familymember or something like that. The next time I met my two best friends, the first thing we said to each other was: "Have you heard Guns N Roses???" We were all hooked at the same time. I bought Appetite as soon as I could get the money and it has been my favorite ever since.

welcome Grace....nice to hear you were saved from boyband hell!

I always thought they were awesome from the first time I heard them on the radio. But what made me a fan was Axl's first cover article for Rolling Stone. Read it over and over again. Got hooked! And never looked back!

peace out

amy

How do you felt in love with Guns N' Roses, The moment you said: oh my god this shit is awsome?

in felt in love since I saw that bandana on...now while bandana is off, love has gone too! <_<

he's dressing like Enrique or some other POP fag...and you're tellin' me he's still a ROCK STAR? :lol: ...but he's definitely a brilliant POP STAR!

in american tour you could see him singing with britney and hangin' out with blacks...so much about fallin' in love with him again :lol:

I was eleven or twelve watching Headbangers ball on MTV. I was bored out of mind and then they played Welcome to the Jungle. I thought wow! That sounds like something special. The next morning I forgot the band name and asked my friends at school if they watched the video. Sadly, no one did and I couldn't put it into words what I heard. A few months later an assistant coach was driving us to our game and he played a tape. I heard the opening bars to Welcome and I knew it was the same band. We were all hooked and made copies of the tape. We must have played those tapes everyday for months. No one else in our class (especially the girls) dug the music. Then the SCOM video came out and of course all of a sudden EVERYBODY loved GNR.

It was gradual for me, too. I was listening to "Welcome to the Jungle". I sort of felt obligated to at first (long story). Then I listened to "November Rain" and GnR appealed more to me than ever. I think it took about a month to realize what a freakin awesome band it was and along came the smorgasbord of albums :) . I've been in love ever since :wub:

It hasn't changed since the 42 other times I answered this question.....

Actually I've only answered this question about 19 times, but it hasn't changed. First time I heard Appetite from beginning to end in 1987, hooked ever since.

Ditto. Plain and simple. - :)

HAha, this is a weird story...

So about 3 years ago, I heard Smells Like Teen Spirit on the radio and just fucking flipped out--craziest shit I'd ever heard (I grew up in a very musically conservative household--my asian father listens to Motown and acid rock and mother likes opera.) So I fell in love with Nirvana, and you know, Kurt hated Guns N' Roses so of course, being the impressionable idiot I was, I was like GnR sucks.

Flashforward about a year and 5 Nirvana albums later.

I was playing this little internet flash game called Power Fox and the first thing you fight is this big toad in Brazil. The background music hits and this high-pitched, venomous bad ass shrieks "Welcome to the Jungle" and my heart about stops as I get my ass kicked by the toad because I'm listening to the song. I look it up, and it's by those evil talentless fuckers that Kurt hates.

I listen to all of it, and then get the next song I see: "Estranged"

Estranged begins playing.

I decide that Kurt has no fucking idea what he's talking about.

I download a song called "November Rain. It is the most beautiful fuckign thing I have ever heard.

I never looked back from that moment.

yea it was 86 or 87 when i heard SCOM on MTV and flipped for this long-haired sexy assed man..

Bought AFD immediatly and have been devoted ever since.. fav songs change with season of life but COMA is a massive fav.

;)

Don't know where to start with my love for Guns N' Roses, but the way I first heard them was that my dad was obsessed with the song Knockin on Heaven's door and when he heard the cover version that GNR did he couldn't help but leave it in his cd player, it was one of the first song's that ever graced my ears, I was about 4 or so, 3 years after UYI came out. After that it all kind of came to me, I lvoed there hits like Welcome to the Jungle and Sweet Child of Mine like the rest of the world, but decided I wanted to learn more about them, so I went and bought one of there dvd's off ebay, blown away by the performance, I got obsessed after that.

I also love it because Slash is a legendary guitarist I mean him and Axl create the perfect Rock background, I mean GNR is rock music at it's best I don't care what every1 else says. I mean when I hear Axl's shreaking vocals and Slash's dominant lead guitar I think Rock. I love the whole bands energy that they put in there performances especially Axl. Not only that but I got an afro and I want to grow it like Slash's but yeah it's too bushy it's so annoying, wish it was longer, and i also play guitar, well the bass guitar, 2 strings off, anyway there's my two cents, it may be off subject, but yeah, just felt like putting this in.

Way back in 1990 when I first got cable tv. I'd been travelling for a couple years and was out of touch with the music scene. Came back and moved in with boyfriend. Switched to Mtv and there they were - it was love at first sight. From then on taped and bought everything I could find on GnR. Boyfriend left me - he said he couldn't compete with Axl. Also, this love lasted longer.

I'm pretty new with respecting their music entirely. But I've always liked their music very much. My dad used to listen them pretty much and that's way me too. But I got hooked on their concert, on the 5th, when they were in Finland. Totally amaziiiing. :D

My love for this band grew over a period of time.

But this band first caught my eye after my friend read me the lyrics of November Rain and told me it was his own. Back then, I didn't like rock music or anything so when I heard how beautiful rock can truly be. I started listening to this band- the music, the lyrics, the attitude...All of it- made me fall in love.