Better

where's izzy?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin definitly did a good job on this one. The vocals on the 'now I know you better' part are really good. Also I really like the solo. Very bluesy. Anyone else really like his work on Better?

How do we know Robin wrote this one?

Axl said so a couple of times before/after playing the song on this tour

I thought Axl was refering to musical arrangement rather than the writing of the song, that was the impression i got anyway, but when CD comes out we'll know for definate :-)

LIZ

ARRANGEMENTS????? DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT WORD MEANS????????

Musical arrangements my ASS!!!! Though arrangements can make a song, it sure as fucking hell doesn´t mean writing it.

Arrangements is how you hear it, not WHAT you hear. and as for arranging that song. it´s so 4/4 and in the box that any idiot could arrange it.

Better is simple and flameboyant. THANK GOD!!! the simplicity of it makes it a fucking powerhouse!!!

That song is what NIN should´ve done.

And to all of you cocksuckers who say it´s a boyband song. please READ the lyrics.

Scott Weiland´s "when you look you see right through me" is a helluva lot worse!!

Axl is A-League in poetry. To any idiot trying to say anything else should start READING some shit!

You think that words like, "where she was while she was sleeping, in another WOMANS bed" means that the chick in TWAT is a fucking lesbian or BI are the same ppl who think Better sucks.

And should seriously not try to judge poetry that is on such a higher level.

You are the same ppl who WISH you were Axl, and as good as him. But he will always be two feet ahead of you. cus you fucking morons don´t understand that the another woman is the fucking wife of the guy she is cheating with... instead of saying, in another MANs bed! IDIOTS!!

fucking lowposter newbie motherfuckers!

and yes, I´m NOT a n00b. BAN me all you want. But I´ve been around.

Dude, no offense, but if you think that song is poetry, my guess is you've never really read anything. Your examples (how did Weiland end up in this as proof?) pretty much prove this, but, hey, you don't need to be educated to have an opinion.

Enjoy thinking "You stole my heart. I should have known your crazy" is poetry. Wish I could get that excited about the scribblings on a junior high school girls notebook!

Pubes.

the lryics are good for what they achive, and they do exactly that, and Axl wrote the lryics, for Tommy said Axl has writen all lryics for the album, and axl said at hammerstien on the 15, that was his way of being arrogant when he wrote it, he was like "that is my arrogant attempt at writing, calling it the Axl Rose better song" something along those lines

Is it odd that the best of the new songs (and in some people's opinion, the only good new song) wasn't written by Axl?

the guitar is really lame and uninspriring (except bucket (ron's) parts), axl's melody is what makes the song.

If you knew more about guitar than you apparently do, you'd realize that the chords being played aren't 'boring' power chords.

I'll admit, the riffs in Better are weak when compared to Sweet Child or Estranged, but they're better than the no riffs of today, eh? Plus, There Was a Time has some nice riffage.

i dont know why people are gettin at the lyrics. i think axl uses some really intelligent words. i dont think i've ever heard a boy band use infatuation (not complicated but for a boy band...)

Yeah but it's still yet another "woman done me wrong" song by Axl. How many of those does he have?

i dont know why people are gettin at the lyrics. i think axl uses some really intelligent words. i dont think i've ever heard a boy band use infatuation (not complicated but for a boy band...)

Yeah but it's still yet another "woman done me wrong" song by Axl. How many of those does he have?

That's actually my current fear with this album - IRS, TWAT, The Blues, and Better are all songs that cover that topic, and I really hope he's got more songs like Catcher in the Rye and Chinese Democracy on there that cover completely different lyrical ground. Otherwise, it could get really repetitve quite fast.

its pop rock.

Not necessarily a bad thing. GnR have always had pop influences in their music to a certain extent.

I like Axl's vocals and melodies. Musically it is ok, but I really don't like Bucket's parts - it sounds tacked on and out of place with the rest of the song.

Yeah, the only part of the song that I really dont like is the intro and the guitar solos. The riff is OK and Axl's melody is pretty good. But I never really cared for the lyrics.

Is it odd that the best of the new songs (and in some people's opinion, the only good new song) wasn't written by Axl?

the guitar is really lame and uninspriring (except bucket (ron's) parts), axl's melody is what makes the song.

If you knew more about guitar than you apparently do, you'd realize that the chords being played aren't 'boring' power chords.

I'll admit, the riffs in Better are weak when compared to Sweet Child or Estranged, but they're better than the no riffs of today, eh? Plus, There Was a Time has some nice riffage.

are you fucking crazy? i've been playing for 13 years. if those aren't power chords, you can kick me in the nuts!

Dude, this may make me hella-lame, but I did a little searching on infatuation (probably an advanced word for a 9-year old to use, but pretty basic for adults), and found that one of the new Gn'R's biggest inspirations (wish I was joking), Christina Aguilera, has a song titled Infatuation.

Don't know if the boybands have that basic word in their lyrics like the above poptart, but Axl using it doesn't mean much.

Pubes.

Better is a great, solid song, Robin did a good job and Axl's voice is brilliant in this one, my favorite part is Robin's solo towards the end

and the middle part always makes me move my head like Axl when he sings it live :laugh:

another thing that I like is the keyboard when it reaches to the part where Axl repeats "no one ever told me when I was alone..", very nice

but I have to admit that TWAT's guitar work captivates me more

I don't know, I'm really loving every new song, I just keep switching my rankings in which one I like best hehe, for example right now I'm loving Chinese Democracy, the opening riff, the drums.. really cool song

I've never heard ANYONE use adoration.

Then you must not read much.

are you fucking crazy? i've been playing for 13 years. if those aren't power chords, you can kick me in the nuts!

I second that notion... Been playing 8 years, and those are power chords in the verses. If you got two fingers, you can play it. If you have the verbal ability of a 10 year old, you can pull off the lyrics too!

Pubes.

There are indeed quite a few of those. It is something he writes well about though. I think It's safe to say that about half the songs ever written are "woman/man done me wrong" or "I adore my woman/man" songs. People don't seem to get bored with it because it is something a lot of people can relate to. However, I'd like to see him write a wider range of songs that I know he is capable of writing.

Better is a pretty cool song. It's solid--not genius, but a good catchy song which is fine. Genius doesn't happen everyday.

Whoa, me too!

:o You live in Michigan! So do I. However western Michigan, aside from Grand Rapids, is really just a vast wasteland of towns that always seem to smell like cowshit (and littered with Christain fundamentalists) so I doubt we live in the same one :laugh:

I second that notion... Been playing 8 years, and those are power chords in the verses. If you got two fingers, you can play it. If you have the verbal ability of a 10 year old, you can pull off the lyrics too!

Pubes.

I'll third the notion! 15 years on and off - and if those aren't power chords I'll put it in a blender. - :ph34r:

Edited by Ions

• 1 month later...

Pubes.

Well, with 2 fingers, you could play it, but it'd sound absolutely terrible. Three fingers works better, and 4 works great just to add in the upper octive on the chord. And I highly doubt everyone on the boards who says "I've been playing 10 years" really does. A few of you do obviously, but not everyone who says it.

And if you say this song isn't the best of the leaks, along with Catcher in the Rye, you're opinion is no longer valid. It has the best riff and the best lyrics out of all of the leaks. The lyrics are powerful... let's see anybody else try to write something BETTER (get it? yeah bad joke).

Edited by DaneisKing1389