Getting cameras into UK gigs?

gavgnr

I was frisked at the newcastle gig... as was everyone, but this didnt stop me getting my mobile phone (which also happens to be a 3.0 megapixel camera) past security :)

one thing I was pissed about, I had to get rid of both my bottles of water "at the artist's request"... even though 19/7 was the hottest EVER day on record in Newcastle, and the arena was like a fucking microwave! although now I know why axl made that request in the first place. :anger:

Kris

Edited by *The-Jungle*

I got one in easily. I did stuff it down my boxer shorts though!

Probably no need to - but you dont wanna get it taken off you.

The security obviously weren't too bothered as I was against the barrier taking pics all night right in front of the them. I get got a couple of them in my shots!

I was frisked at the newcastle gig... as was everyone, this didnt stop me getting my mobile phone (which also happens to be a 3.0 megapixel camera) past security though :)

one thing I was pissed about, I had to get rid of both my bottles of water "at the artist's request"... although now I know why axl made that request :anger:

Kris

So that bottles didnt get thrown at him....oh wait they did. And thats one of the reasons you guys didn't get to see PC.

if security confiscate a camera do you get it back.

i know it soun ds stupid.

Sometimes you do, sometimes you dont. All depends who takes it off you and how nice your camera is...lol

I had a camera in my back pocket in glasgow last night, and only had my front pockets frisked. so i got it in, but most people had all their pockets frisked and didnt get stuff in..

I had a camera in my back pocket in glasgow last night, and only had my front pockets frisked. so i got it in, but most people had all their pockets frisked and didnt get stuff in..

what made me laugh was that this big gang of girls had showed up wearing these big fuck-off studded belts and security made them all take 'em off... they were walking through the arena literally holding their skirts up! :rofl-lol:

Kris

I got frisked last night but fortunately the guy didn't really seem to be bothered to check what is was he was actually able to feel in my pockets. I think he was just making sure that he appeared to be checking people. I managed to get photos and some short vid clips from Glasgow.

i seen LOADS of people in glasgow last night with cameras! i was even thinking, "you must be allowed cameras in here today!" cause so many people had! i didnt even get checked at the door either.

I got frisked at the door last night in Glasgow - and walked in with my camera in my hand. The woman even asked me what it was so I told her. She didn't say a thing!

Shall post pics later! :D

Please re-frain from using digital technology and taking pictures. Axl has quite clearly stated he doesn't want cameras or camera phones used during the live set.

He has been clearly stating this for years - but he didn't seem at all bothered last night - far from it in fact! My flash was going off on a regular basis through out! :D

I was frisked like a murder suspect but the guy kept winking at me so i may have been alone :rofl-lol:

Oooooh, I say! Lol! ;)

I was kinda hoping for a frisk by the rather cute bloke that did me mate...alas, it wasn't to be and I ended up with woman on the wrong side of 50! :P:(

Edited by frobscottle