Do you like Nirvana?

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Nirvana  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say that I'm a huge fan, but I do very much respect them music-wise. I'm just not a fan of Kurt's hipocracy. Why say that you're all about the music and don't wanna any of the fortune and fame, only to indulge yourself in it? You gotta hand it to Kurt and the fellas. Just as Elvis and The Beatles we're a huge impact to music, so were they. Much greater than GNR, to be blunt (also an opinion).

Anyone mind suggest some tunes. PM please. I don't think ill return to this thread because ill forget.

i find kurts voice rarther annoying :unsure:

So no.

I can say that for most of your posts but you don't hear me complaining..

oh woops. people don't dig beneath the surface, man. don't judge someones music just by their voice and etc. read the lyrics and see that you go trhough what they go through as well. it's about how you relate to music and how it can affect ones life and nirvana did just that. i think their name is so clever.. nirvana :wub: i would have stole that from them if they never came up, lol.

I used to like Nirvana but not anymore. I don't know what it is but as I grew up I just lost interest in them. I have Nevermind and In Utero and I don't even listen to them anymore. I also find myself changing radio stations when they come on the radio.

The music is very catchy. I can tolerate it. Just.

However, everything else I hate. The Nirvana love is ridiculous. Kurt is hailed as some sort of musical genius, when infact he is a sub-par player/song writer who just got lucky and was for some reason idolised when the youth was lacking a figure. He's an absolutely useless cunt, and if it hadn't been for him blowing his own head off he would've been forgotten about in time. As it stands he's now remembered as god just because his time was 'cut short'.

I want to smash Nirvana fans' heads into a wall.

However, everything else I hate. The Nirvana love is ridiculous. Kurt is hailed as some sort of musical genius, when infact he is a sub-par player/song writer who just got lucky and was for some reason idolised when the youth was lacking a figure. He's an absolutely useless cunt, and if it hadn't been for him blowing his own head off he would've been forgotten about in time. As it stands he's now remembered as god just because his time was 'cut short'.

amen dude

I don't think even most Nirvana fans think Cobain was an excellent player. I mean, look at the "With The Lights Out" box and listen to Heartbreaker. He can't even play the main riff correctly.

Nirvana's music wasn't about sharpness and technical perfection. It was about the attitude.

Because we all love this debate.

I think Kurt was not only a great songwriter, but a true American folk artist. Nirvana's music is essential to the history of this country.

I love Nirvana :wub:

I also love (most of) Kurt's lyrics :wub:

ODS have you heard Nirvana's version of Ain't It A Shame?

Edited by pet0

You know, that post is so wrong in so many ways. Kurt could write excellent music. Sure, his songs weren't full of shredding and tapping and bullshit. But the music was pretty good.

And their songs weren't always depressing, anyone knows About A Girl?

You know, that post is so wrong in so many ways. Kurt could write excellent music. Sure, his songs weren't full of shredding and tapping and bullshit. But the music was pretty good.

And their songs weren't always depressing, anyone knows About A Girl?

I agree. I think you guys should accept bands that pour themselves in hair-spray and do like, 20 minute-guitar solos.

Yes, About a Girl is a great song! Written to his ex-girlfriend Tracy, asking to take him back.

I have not.

By the way I have Nirvana's first show if anyone wants me to upload.

I have not.

By the way I have Nirvana's first show if anyone wants me to upload.

pleeeeeease :)

Uploading, look for it later.