MTV music awards August 31st

Nightcrawler

Axl did the 2002 show to promote his 2002 tour. it's probably a lock he'll do this one because the tour begins in September. The band is so much more together in every aspect this year. If the album comes out this year, this show is where we'll find out. It's to big of exposure for Axl not to launch the album off of.

August is also a window between tours to make the video, pick the single and prepare for the launch of the album. At least that's what i hope they use August for.

Edited by Nightcrawler

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MTV doesn't care about Axl anymore. He won't be at the VMA's.

Considering it was the highest-rated (i.e. most-watched) performance in MTV history (go look it up if you don't believe me), and MTV spokespeople said they were "thrilled" with the response, and it became one of their highest-selling performance videos (sold through the MTV website on VHS) after its air date, I seriously doubt that.

i don't think axl would be up too it after all the reviews at least performing wise

Having seen GNR live this year,I can state without any hestitation that Axl and

the other members of GNR would well be up to it and steal the show.Axl has no

problems pulling it off,the shows proved that,with him pulling off 3-4 hard n fast

songs in a row.Ok he does need to take in some oxygen between certain songs,

but that would not be an issue at the MTV awards,as they would only play 1 song.

As for the other members,I have every confidence that the would pull it off.

Of course MTV would want to have GNR on,as they are still huge crowd pullers,

with a huge fan base.The European tour proved that and the US tour will cement it.

It sounds like the Ideal time to air a brand new song and really get the momentum

for the upcomming tour and album launch going.Timing couldn't be better.I know

we saw all this in 2002,but this time I think that Axl is fit both mentally and pysically,

and really enjoying himself.the band is really settled and together.We haven't

had that for a long long time.

Do you really want Guns to be on MTV? Possibly the worst music station ever. Fuck that. I don't want to see them inbetween a bunch of emo and rap bastards.

That 's pretty much anywhere. By putting them in they can really infiltrate that crapdom of all this rap and emo crap. That 's how you weed out these fuckers.

Edited by Son Of A Gun

Would be great if it's true it gets a big audience all over the world and more importantly it will showcase GNR to people that would not normally see them. So I don't see a downside.

Hopefully they will do themselves justice this year and show people what they're really made of.

I have no doubt that they will be able do this after the tour that's just happened - they were on fire.

LP

Axl did the 2002 show to promote his 2002 tour. it's probably a lock he'll do this one because the tour begins in September. The band is so much more together in every aspect this year. If the album comes out this year, this show is where we'll find out. It's to big of exposure for Axl not to launch the album off of.

August is also a window between tours to make the video, pick the single and prepare for the launch of the album. At least that's what i hope they use August for.

im still waiting to get an official announcement that a NA tour will start in septmber

im still waiting to get an official announcement that a NA tour will start in septmber

Did we get an announcement that a European Tour was about to happen? :unsure:

Edited by Spoon87

touché

Both Axl and Merch saying there would be a US- Tour in September, and with the first show already booked, is official enough for me.

Dates will start showing in Mid-August i'm thinking.

MTV doesn't care about Axl anymore. He won't be at the VMA's.

Considering it was the highest-rated (i.e. most-watched) performance in MTV history (go look it up if you don't believe me), and MTV spokespeople said they were "thrilled" with the response, and it became one of their highest-selling performance videos (sold through the MTV website on VHS) after its air date, I seriously doubt that.

B) COOL!!!! Didn't know that!!

Do you really want Guns to be on MTV? Possibly the worst music station ever. Fuck that. I don't want to see them inbetween a bunch of emo and rap bastards.

Gn'R were/are MTV darlings.

I would say this is more "were"

I am against them performing and I posted this on a thread on another forum as well. Stuck in between Madonna and Justin Timberlake is not where GNR belong.

As for MTV it isn't even a music station at least not here in the U.S. as I never see actual music being played on it unless it's an awards show.