axl is not taking illegal drugs

Buckets of Rain

axl is as many of us now know bi-polar and probably manic-depressive and there are these things called MEDICATION that people take. i have two friends who are bi-polar and when they take their medication they look the same as axl, their eyes get watery and they lose energy. look at axl's eyes at RIR5 and you will see this, they look very glazed over. this is medication my friends. do you think beta and all the others who are constantly around him would be letting him do coke or heroin? i very much doubt it. she's like a mother figure to him, and i don't think my mother would sit there and support me if i were doing coke and heroin.

axl lost weight because after 2002 he took up kickboxing and went on a diet. it sounds like people are making assumptions based on the fact that he "looks" like he's on drugs - well yes, he is on drugs, PRESCRIPTION drugs. my friends said they often refuse to take their drugs because it makes them feel WORSE than before they take them.

keep in mind he probably has other conditions as well...and low blood sugar...? could he be diabetic?????/

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been discussed a couple of times now.

I'm pretty sure Axl is'nt using anything, and wight-loss, well, the dude lost some weight.. Doesn mean he's a dopehead.

I think the only dope he uses is uss, the fans.. :krider: :ph34r:

Drinking is probaly the only thin he does..

I'm really confused as to why you would go out of your way to make a thread over something so small... Yeah, Axl DOES look like hes coked out. Look at some photos from this past Euro Tour, you'll see what I mean. I'm not the only one who thinks this either...

It would appear to me Axl lost weight from burning 50k calories and sweating 1lb per sweat at every show. He is also 44 which means he is health wise now.

As for low blood sugar, yea that happens to diabetics but also happens to athelets. Especially athletes that need to make weight. Excessive workouts, skipping meals = low blood sugar. Having a long night out also adds to this, which is exactly what happened to me a few weeks ago. Gatoraid fixes this problem pretty quick.

Low blood pressure is something people are born with and most people wish they had. Sleeping aids can add to low pressure a little but not as much as exhaustion.

Sounds to me like the boss needed a few extra days off and a few good meals. Now that he's back in the states im sure he will remedy.

BTW, good thing he is keen to these symptoms now because excessive low blood sugar = death.

Edited by Dervaj

Hi guys:

Well first of all let me start by thanking you for supportin Guns and Roses. Like Axl I am bipolar too. Just like the first post explained bipolar disorder is very hard to taim. I am not ashamed to say this but I have tried Lythium before a medecine to try to bring the chemical embalance in your brain under control. Just like Axl I have experinced simptoms caused by the perscriptions. One is the dazed look and out of the ordinary behavior. Whlie I was on Lithium I couldn't get out of bed and when I did, I behave erradicly and violently. Bioplar dissorder is hard to manage. Let me tell you it takes a lot of balls to be able to get through your goals. Bipolar disorder is extremely uncomftarble and hard to live with. Lithium wich it the most polular drug used to treat this disorder did more harm to me than cure me. Regardless of the condition and my sporadic mood change and vilonece and depression that comes with the dissease, I was able to be productive just like Axl is. The medication made me useless. The fact that Axl behaves some times "not normal" is not his falult, as is not my fault when I do. One of the reasons why I see Axl as an idol is pressicely because of this. The man is an incredible mucisian, and talented performer like no other. To his credit he has been able to keep up what he has worked so hard to bulit. His childhood like mine are closely the same. The fact that we have a man so succesful is a great indicator to keep on and that with effort and dedication nothing not even bipolar dissorder can stand in the way of success.

I think some of you are probably overestimating the power and influence that Beta has over Axl. I doubt very seriously that he would confide in her when it comes to those types of things. Whether it's doing a line of coke or sleeping with a particular woman he's probably not wondering if Beta would approve of his actions.

i'm sure he enjoys the occasional line. it would certainly help him perform, and would explain his youthful energy. it would also begin to explain why he starts shows late, and plays gigs till 6AM, and his fights.

plus, on insanely expensive coke, the comedown isn't bad at all. there's almost no downside besides the chance of overdose- which is easily avoided by common sense.

we already knows he uses an oxygen machine to make him sing better, i think he would use whatever options he has at his disposal to perform at his best.

(hehe, it would also explain why he hired robin :P )

I'm just wondering how can u say for sure "Axl is on drugs" or "Axl isn't on drugs"...we just can't know!

Beta is like his mum?

Actally Beta is payed to be his mum...that's not quite the same, I wouldn't assume it as an evidence for Axl to be clean...

As for the weight loss well, he isn't that skinny now is him?

I can't see anything strange with his weight loss!

What is confusing is that a doctor told him not to perform because of low blood pressure...if it was high I could understand it could have been dangerous but low???

Getting on stage would have just raised it up ... (I always have low blood pressure)

It would also be strange if Axl was diabetics considering the alcohol abuse of this months...

Hi guys:

Well first of all let me start by thanking you for supportin Guns and Roses. Like Axl I am bipolar too. Just like the first post explained bipolar disorder is very hard to taim. I am not ashamed to say this but I have tried Lythium before a medecine to try to bring the chemical embalance in your brain under control. Just like Axl I have experinced simptoms caused by the perscriptions. One is the dazed look and out of the ordinary behavior. Whlie I was on Lithium I couldn't get out of bed and when I did, I behave erradicly and violently. Bioplar dissorder is hard to manage. Let me tell you it takes a lot of balls to be able to get through your goals. Bipolar disorder is extremely uncomftarble and hard to live with. Lithium wich it the most polular drug used to treat this disorder did more harm to me than cure me. Regardless of the condition and my sporadic mood change and vilonece and depression that comes with the dissease, I was able to be productive just like Axl is. The medication made me useless. The fact that Axl behaves some times "not normal" is not his falult, as is not my fault when I do. One of the reasons why I see Axl as an idol is pressicely because of this. The man is an incredible mucisian, and talented performer like no other. To his credit he has been able to keep up what he has worked so hard to bulit. His childhood like mine are closely the same. The fact that we have a man so succesful is a great indicator to keep on and that with effort and dedication nothing not even bipolar dissorder can stand in the way of success.

Welcome and thank you for sharing. Indeed psychotropic drugs used for manic depression can exibit the same outward look on someone as regular street drug use. It's not really a secret that Axl suffers from this disorder and it's also why he is such a perfectionist at times. I don't believe he is using hardcore drugs but is probably medicated in some way. Either way he is out there now making waves and doing what he does and we should all be grateful for that! :)

This is in no way a diss to Axl as I am an extreme fan of this band for the better of 16 years now. We all need to stop speculating and appreciate the music that is happening and give this band props for completing a tour, a feat that hasn't been done for them for many years! :wub:

keep in mind he probably has other conditions as well...and low blood sugar...? could he be diabetic?????/

God, Axl is not diabetic. Only insulin dependent diabetics get low blood sugar, and it's extremely rare for an adult to contract insulin dependent diabetes, especially at 43. If he was type 2 (which he's not fat enough for), then he wouldn't be getting low blood sugar anyway.

Axl Rose = not a diabetic!

i'm sure he enjoys the occasional line. it would certainly help him perform, and would explain his youthful energy. it would also begin to explain why he starts shows late, and plays gigs till 6AM, and his fights.

plus, on insanely expensive coke, the comedown isn't bad at all. there's almost no downside besides the chance of overdose- which is easily avoided by common sense.

we already knows he uses an oxygen machine to make him sing better, i think he would use whatever options he has at his disposal to perform at his best.

(hehe, it would also explain why he hired robin :P )

Yeah

Here's a question for you people who insist that Axl couldn't possibly enjoy Splenda... Have you guys really had any experience with it? Hung around with people who enjoy it?

I'm willing to be the people who acknowledge that Splenda is Axl speak for coke have a little more experience with the drug.

I'm a pharmacist...

Although I don't believe he's doing tons of blow, these are all really valid points.

This is true. Good coke, which I'm sure if Axl is doing any it's good, does not make you sketchy like shit coke.

Here's a question for you people who insist that Axl couldn't possibly enjoy Splenda... Have you guys really had any experience with it? Hung around with people who enjoy it?

I'm willing to be the people who acknowledge that Splenda is Axl speak for coke have a little more experience with the drug.

I'm currently enjoying some Splenda. LOL!

Threads like this is probably why Axl ranted about people on internet forums back in '02. You guys are making so many assumptions about his life like what "control" Beta has over him, that he is bipolar...

First off, the bipolar thing has never been confirmed; most of it is caused by one article that written by someone who speculated on whether or not Axl is bipolar. Secondly, Axl has said in the recent past that these days he doesn't really do much more than an occasional joint as far as drugs and booze go.

Just be happy that Axl finally crawled out of his hermit hole.