Are the guitar solos the downfall of the new material?

Kaneda

I haven't heard one guitar solo so far off of the new material that even comes close to capturing the magic Slash brought to the band. I think the best new solo is the one on the outro of The Blues, when Axl is singing "I---e----I---e----I", the solo to accompany that is amazing. The second solo in Better is also good, and TWAT's outro is superb, yet, whenever I hear the solos to Don't Cry, November Rain, Estranged...etc, they blow away all of this new material, easily.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't heard one guitar solo so far off of the new material that even comes close to capturing the magic Slash brought to the band. I think the best new solo is the one on the outro of The Blues, when Axl is singing "I---e----I---e----I", the solo to accompany that is amazing. The second solo in Better is also good, and TWAT's outro is superb, yet, whenever I hear the solos to Don't Cry, November Rain, Estranged...etc, they blow away all of this new material, easily.

So...wait.

Songs that you have spent over ten years listenting too incessantly stack up better than a low quality demo of an unrelased song?

Shocker.

why is there 10 times more reaction to Bumble playing Don't Cry then any of the new material?

Hmmm.... perhaps because don't cry is a song that all the fans know and have known for 15 years, and most of the fans haven't heard the demos. Even if the album was out, they wouldn't get the same reaction, because it takes time for a song to gain classic status, so your argument falls short there.

Wait until the album is out and then try and guage the crowds reaction, but even then you will always get a bigger reaction to the classics of any (established) artist than the latest songs. It's a fact.

LP

why is there 10 times more reaction to Bumble playing Don't Cry then any of the new material?

Hmmm.... perhaps because don't cry is a song that all the fans know and have known for 15 years, and most of the fans haven't heard the demos. Even if the album was out, they wouldn't get the same reaction, because it takes time for a song to gain classic status, so your argument falls short there.

Wait until the album is out and then try and guage the crowds reaction, but even then you will always get a bigger reaction to the classics of any (established) artist than the latest songs. It's a fact.

LP

Pretty much.

i dont agree with your post at all. the outro to there was a time is amazing. the solo at the end of the blues is really good, and i also like the solo in better after axl sings "all that i wanted..." i think the solos on all of the new songs are better then any solo on contraband. that is not a nock on slash or any of the old guys, i am just saying. stop comparing the new band with the old band. maybe if you compared the stuff GNR is putting out (even though they havent put anything out, they are only demos) with the rest of the shit music out today you would appreciate it a lot more.

i dont agree with your post at all. the outro to there was a time is amazing. the solo at the end of the blues is really good, and i also like the solo in better after axl sings "all that i wanted..." i think the solos on all of the new songs are better then any solo on contraband. that is not a nock on slash or any of the old guys, i am just saying. stop comparing the new band with the old band. maybe if you compared the stuff GNR is putting out (even though they havent put anything out, they are only demos) with the rest of the shit music out today you would appreciate it a lot more.

"

And to me, the solo from The Blues (after '...Don't live inside of you, anymore...') is one of the best GN'R solos. So powerful. And the licks to accompany the 'Ahh ahh ohh ahh ohh..' after the stop.

That's your opinion...and we all know where your retarded opinion stands! :lol:

if you take your head out of Slashole ass....you might hear a better solo one day!

I love the solos' in 'Better' and 'TWAT', but of course none will compare to Slash's. What'd you expect from replacement guitarists? None are a patch on Slash at soloing. But give them chance, you haven't heard all of their material.

Edited by SlashRock