If 2K2 had never happened

HisRoyalFatness

Remember how excited Jimmy Fallon was when he introduced Axl. The crowd went nuts.

Jack Black was slightly more measured. It's like people were being cautious with their expectations after the 2K2 catastrophe.

But Axl came out looking like a cool dude (the scream was a little silly to me, but who cares?) I'm sure the casual viewer was impressed with how much better Axl looks. Imagine if that had been his first appearance since the demise of GnR. Do you think there'd be a lot more buzz in the air about him and the new band?

Remember how excited Jimmy Fallon was when he introduced Axl. The crowd went nuts.

Jack Black was slightly more measured.

Er... duh. Axl walked out to introduce a band this time around, not perform a song. Of course Jack's going to be more "measured" about it. :rolleyes:

I liked Jack Black's introduction, especially after that guy grabbed a mic (Six?) during the previous award.

Who was that guy by the way?

Jack Black was slightly more measured.

Er... duh. Axl walked out to introduce a band this time around, not perform a song. Of course Jack's going to be more "measured" about it. :rolleyes:

agreed, would have been same reaction had they performed.

2002 had to happen, just look at boards such as this one - most of the discussion over the last few years has been about 2002 and its highs and lows and other things that came apparent (ie - CD still in the works, band members etc etc)

Axl said himself that they needed to do those shows in 2002 and to be honest, you can see why.

R.

Edited by x_Estranged_x

2002 had to happen, just look at boards such as this one - most of the discussion over the last few years has been about 2002 and its highs and lows and other things that came apparent (ie - CD still in the works, band members etc etc)

Axl said himself that they needed to do those shows in 2002 and to be honest, you can see why.

R.

completely agree rick. It was the world's introduction to the new band. now we've all had a few years and moer people have accepted this.

R.

completely agree rick. It was the world's introduction to the new band. now we've all had a few years and moer people have accepted this.

Agree but 2002 woked up only most die hard GnRfans. Now we have hangin on and we will probably take the mainstream with us, in context with a succesful tour and maby a soon release of CD.

I s'pose Bucket might still be in the band...

Guns N' Roses is Axl, Finck, Fortus, Bumblefoot, Pit(t)man, Dizzy, Tommy, and Brain! :anger:

ACCEPT IT

Is this sarcasm or has someone changed their tune?

:monkey:

I think its a lame attempt at being comical :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if bucket would have stayed or not. you could argue he left because of little to no activity. other rumors suggest it was conflicts with Finck. I guess its also possible he didn't care for the reception the band got in 2002 and found out the gig wasn't for him. Who knows.

Edited by Axls_Disillusion

I s'pose Bucket might still be in the band...

Guns N' Roses is Axl, Finck, Fortus, Bumblefoot, Pit(t)man, Dizzy, Tommy, and Brain! :anger:

ACCEPT IT

Is this sarcasm or has someone changed their tune?

:monkey:

I think its a lame attempt at being comical :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if bucket would have stayed or not. you could argue he left because of little to no activity. other rumors suggest it was conflicts with Finck. I guess its also possible he didn't care for the reception the band got in 2002 and found out the gig wasn't for him. Who knows.

No offence to Finck because I know how much you like him, but I think one of the reasons Bucket left was because he was always playing second fiddle to someone who was...shall we say..."not as good as him"

And also, the lack of anything happening in the band aswell.

One thing I laugh at is how Axl says that the 2002 tour was just a warm-up for the guys and for them to just do some shows. When in fact, he was playing to release the CD back then and the tour being appropriately named the "Chinese Democracy World Tour 2002".

It was so obvious.

No offence to Finck because I know how much you like him, but I think one of the reasons Bucket left was because he was always playing second fiddle to someone who was...shall we say..."not as good as him"

And also, the lack of anything happening in the band aswell.

I wont argue that, thats a valid opinion. Bucket is techincally more skilled than Finck. But Finck is playing the parts he plays for good reason. He captures the right energy and feel with his parts, I think his tone is amazing, and his charisma on stage is much better than buckets. But if I was in bucket's shoes, I think I can see myself feeling that way. Bucket was definitely playing second fiddle to Robin on the 2002 tour. Seemed like half the time he just stood there.