Your Favourite GnR Guitarist?

There Was A Fine

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and to even mention snakeshit and guns n roses in the same breath :no:

Well, they did feature the same lead guitarist. A guitarist who was instrumental in defining GnR's sound. Why wouldn't you mention them in the same breath? You don't think the GnR and Snakepit albums have a similar sound, guitar wise?

All I was saying, is that songwriting, melody, lyrics and vocals are all (obviously) pretty fucking important. That's why I think the Snakepit albums, while highly enjoyable and full of good guitar playing, were far from great and a long way from Guns n' Roses.

I honestly believe that if the best Snakepit material would have made it's way onto the post Illusions GnR record like Slash intended, you lot would be salivating all over it. Much of it is better than VR's material imo.

Agreed, those albums are very underrated.

If Slash actually got a good singer some of the snakepit stuff could have worked It's more in line with what slash is known for than VR's music I guess, it's not better, just has less distance from Guns. Some of VR's record could have woorked wih guns too, I know haters won't ever admit that.

jeeez, why does everyone give snakepit so much shit? :question: i love both of the albums, and listen to them a lot more than i do GnR, and enjoy them more too. Both albums were great in their own ways, and were totally different.

and oh yeah

Buckethead

Slash

I honestly believe that if the best Snakepit material would have made it's way onto the post Illusions GnR record like Slash intended, you lot would be salivating all over it. Much of it is better than VR's material imo.

Agreed, those albums are very underrated.

If Slash actually got a good singer some of the snakepit stuff could have worked It's more in line with what slash is known for than VR's music I guess, it's not better, just has less distance from Guns. Some of VR's record could have woorked wih guns too, I know haters won't ever admit that.

jeeez, why does everyone give snakepit so much shit? :question: i love both of the albums, and listen to them a lot more than i do GnR, and enjoy them more too. Both albums were great in their own ways, and were totally different.

and oh yeah

Buckethead

Slash

You enjoy Snakepit more than GN'R? I'm not trying to be a jerk, that just blows my mind.

1.Robin

2.Izzy

3.Richard

4 Ron

5.Paul

6.Gilby

7.Slash

8.Bucket

Ummm, ok I guess :unsure:

Anyway, my favorite is Slash, then comes Izzy. When Chinese Democracy comes out we might actually have a debate about this. Having said that, I really like Bumblefoot and Fortus too but I'm not shure about Finck (I'll judge after the record comes out) :)

Live playing is actually a much better barometer, and Robin is not that great live, let's be honest with ourselves. In the pro-tools era, every little mistake can easily be fixed.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm not really a big fan of Robins live playing, for example I hate how he plays Patience (I mean, I really hate it). However I'm fine with him being in the band as long as it's Axl's will and it sounds good on a record but I will say that he's probably my least favorite GN'R guitarist ever.

Slash himself is a hired musician, he replaced Tracii Guns.

This technically is a truth you speak, however there is a difference. Guns N' Roses had't taken off by then. Now it's a completely new line-up and for the exception of Axls_Disillusion, if we're honest, we all go to see Axl Rose. The band are awesome nae doubt but they aren't really Guns N' Roses.

Axl is what it's all about and he is the reason I spent £200 on going to see them this summer.

Just to be clear, AD isn't the only one going to see the rest of the band too. I'm going 'cause I love the new music that I've heard from the new band. I want to see ALL of them.

wtf "w. axl kev"??

Offcourse im just going to see Axl, im going to see Guns N' Roses!!

Axl, Dizzy, Robin, Richard, Bumble, Chris, Brain and Tommy

Voice and GNR songs are unique. Guitarplay isn't.

I agree with W.Axl kev

mr.Q

moron......

You think every guitarplayer int he world plays same?

I am digging Robin/Richards stuff so so so much more than what Slash/Dave are doing right now. All of the leaks, most of the live performances - they all blow that VR nonsense away.

and to even mention snakeshit and guns n roses in the same breath :no:

Some of the riffage on Contraband is much, much better than the CD stuff so far. There's hasn't been one good riff so far from new GnR, only a few good solos (the best from Buckethead) and to be honest... the guitar work on Slither is better than anything from this era of GnR in my opinion. The FTP riff is great too.

"snakeshit"? You really can be a fucking douche sometimes man. If Snakepit were so fucking shit, why did your boyfriend Axl threaten Slash with a lawsuit when he asked Slash for that material and found out it had already been used?

If it was so crap, why would Axl care?

Slash himself is a hired musician, he replaced Tracii Guns.

This technically is a truth you speak, however there is a difference. Guns N' Roses had't taken off by then. Now it's a completely new line-up and for the exception of Axls_Disillusion, if we're honest, we all go to see Axl Rose. The band are awesome nae doubt but they aren't really Guns N' Roses.

Axl is what it's all about and he is the reason I spent £200 on going to see them this summer.

Just to be clear, AD isn't the only one going to see the rest of the band too. I'm going 'cause I love the new music that I've heard from the new band. I want to see ALL of them.

wtf "w. axl kev"??

Offcourse im just going to see Axl, im going to see Guns N' Roses!!

Axl, Dizzy, Robin, Richard, Bumble, Chris, Brain and Tommy

Voice and GNR songs are unique. Guitarplay isn't.

I agree with W.Axl kev

mr.Q

moron......

You think every guitarplayer int he world plays same?

According to the Oxford dictionary:

Unique: being the only one of his kind.

NOT unique doesn't mean that everybody is the same. you stupid fuck. (two persons are sufficient to make it not unique)

So I don't think that every guitarplayer in the world plays the same, although Robin Finck wished that that was true.

mr.Q