GUNS N' ROSES' Manager Leaving SANCTUARY?

Sweetest_Child

According to Hits Daily Double, word inside the Sanctuary Music Group is that Merck Mercuriadis will be leaving the company's management team. GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose is said to be leaving with Merck as a client of the longtime Sanctuary executive.

Rose has been saying that GUNS N' ROSES' long-delayed new album, "Chinese Democracy", will be out later this year.

GUNS N' ROSES' "Greatest Hits" collection, which was originally issued in March of 2004, was certified triple-platinum on April 11, 2006 by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) for shipments in excess of three million copies. The CD sold almost 13,000 copies in the United States last week alone (week ending September 3), bringing the total number of copies sold since its release to 3.15 million, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=57925

Edited by madison

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loyalty??? Loyalty you say? Where is his loyalty to his fans?

Relax buddy ;) he has done nothing to doubt his loyalty to us fans recently....at least not yet, and hope he won't B)

Kannon.

He's done well this year by us that's for sure. I'll definitely give him that credit. However, if this unsourced story is true and he does leave. I can't see another label wanting to pick up the record assuming the debt comes with it. Assuming Axl is even allowed to take the music with him if he leaves Sanctuary. They need protection too. There is a chance they may even own the music. I have no proof of that obvioulsy, but just kicking ideas around.

Delays delays delays :anger:

The above is simple im sick and tired of there being reasons why this might not happen soon and want to here the big wigs give us reasons why it WILL.

Guess Axl likes Mercks style of management which is good for us because if the flamed haired once recluse hermit fucking cave dweller is happy then we get shows and the Finckster :)

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK

Sanctuary sunk alot of money in that album. if Axl, who is under contract to them, tries to leave, they have every legal right to release whatever master tapes are in their possesion. i can't see Axl letting that happen. but if he breaches his contract, he knows it will.

this story might be a bunch of bs. if it is true, then the proverbial shit is hitting the fan.

Edited by artfromtex

Loyalty??? Loyalty you say? Where is his loyalty to his fans?

Relax buddy ;) he has done nothing to doubt his loyalty to us fans recently....at least not yet, and hope he won't B)

Kannon.

He's done well this year by us that's for sure. I'll definitely give him that credit. However, if this unsourced story is true and he does leave. I can't see another label wanting to pick up the record assuming the debt comes with it. Assuming Axl is even allowed to take the music with him if he leaves Sanctuary. They need protection too. There is a chance they may even own the music. I have no proof of that obvioulsy, but just kicking ideas around.

I truly understand your fears, believe me -_- but as cherry said, let's just hope this is just a rumor :unsure:

Kannon.

I'm not an expert in the music industry, far from it, so may be a little naive saying this...

But is it not possible for Axl to stay with Sanctuary, yet have an external manager (ie Merck?)

LA

absolutely. but, for Merck to leave something had to happen that pissed him off. it must have pissed Axl off too. that's IF this is true.

Sanctuary has put ZERO dollars into the album. That's Interscope.

This is not necessarily negative! I'm speculating and dreaming, but it COULD be that tour dates are booked, so promoters can now take over the promotion. The album could well be in the hands of Interscope, and they will be the ones to promote that. Maybe Merck is devoting his time to Guns without the pressure of heading up Sanctuary...if the album is close to release, then this is a good time to work with them exclusively!

The publishing rights ARE owned by Sanctuary Group, so that's a question, b ut that shouldn't affect release of material.

/Mike