GUNS N' ROSES' Manager Leaving SANCTUARY?

Sweetest_Child

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanctuary has put ZERO dollars into the album. That's Interscope.

This is not necessarily negative! I'm speculating and dreaming, but it COULD be that tour dates are booked, so promoters can now take over the promotion. The album could well be in the hands of Interscope, and they will be the ones to promote that. Maybe Merck is devoting his time to Guns without the pressure of heading up Sanctuary...if the album is close to release, then this is a good time to work with them exclusively!

The publishing rights ARE owned by Sanctuary Group, so that's a question, b ut that shouldn't affect release of material.

/Mike

I hadn't thought of that! Good thinking mate!

:unsure: i hope this is just a rumour

same here :unsure: and i ask ron about this ;)

Man WTF! :anger: what has Ron got to do with ANY of this!!!!1???? :angry:

LEAVE THE MAN ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT THIS SORT OF THINGS!!!!!!!!!

Kannon.

what r u going do :laugh: i can message ron anytime i want ;)

Sanctuary has put ZERO dollars into the album. That's Interscope.

they're all under the same umbrella.

Maybe Merck is devoting his time to Guns without the pressure of heading up Sanctuary

that's a good point. maybe he just wants/needs to devote all his time to the GNR machine. i hope that's exactly the case.

Edited by artfromtex

LEAVE THE MAN ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT THIS SORT OF THINGS!!!!!!!!!

Kannon.

He can chase you with a shitty stick shouting " don't message Ron"

Kannon.

hahaha i have not message ron in awhile untell now

Artfromtex....it's actually a pretty common misconception. Sanctuary Group is it's own company. Sanctuary Publishing, Sanctuary Records (Tommy's label, in fact) and Sanctuary Management are all subsidiaries of Sactuary Group, which is, I believe, UK based.

Geffen Records is a subsidiary of Interscope, which is in turn a subsisdiary of Universal Music, which is a subsidiary of MCA/Universal, a huge company that I believe is based in the US.

The two companies are totally separate and in no way related. It's a common confusion, since they're both subsidiaries of subsidiaries, but there is no overlap.

/Mike

Edited by McGann

i hope this is just a rumour

same here and i ask ron about this ;)

Kannon.

hahaha i have not message ron in awhile untell now

You're so lucky you don't live in NYC :) oh wait, I forgot you're retard, NYC stands for New York City...now go message Ron and tell him how much you dream of being his little bitch so you can get your panties wet ;)

Kannon.

Edited by kannon21

Artfromtex....it's actually a pretty common misconception. Sanctuary Group is it's own company. Sanctuary Publishing, Sanctuary Records (Tommy's label, in fact) and Sanctuary Management are all subsidiaries of Sactuary Group, which is, I believe, UK based.

Geffen Records is a subsidiary of Interscope, which is in turn a subsisdiary of Universal Music, which is a subsidiary of MCA/Universal, a huge company that I believe is based in the US.

The two companies are totally separate and in no way related. It's a common confusion, since they're both subsidiaries of subsidiaries, but there is no overlap.

/Mike

thanks. now my head hurts! :P

To be fair, without getting into a thread about how good/bad Merck is etc - it has been pretty well documented that Merck hasn't been overly succesful at Sanctuary in that last couple of years.

Do we know if he is leaving just the Management arm of Sanctuary, or leaving the Sanctuary group?

you guys are so damn negative. do you honestly think these kind of major moves happen over night? im sure this whole thing has been in the planning stages for months. sometimes i feel as though you guys think merck and axl are complete morons. RELAX my good friends, all will turn out well by dec 31, 06 at the latest.

At first I thought this would definitely affect the release date, but this may actually have been part of the problem if Merck was having problems with the company. Perhaps Merck will start a new company with GN'R as the flagship band.

As far as Sanctuary and their publishing rights, they just want to be paid and I doubt they want any more delays on their investment.

you guys are so damn negative. do you honestly think these kind of major moves happen over night? im sure this whole thing has been in the planning stages for months. sometimes i feel as though you guys think merck and axl are complete morons. RELAX my good friends, all will turn out well by dec 31, 06 at the latest.

December 26 actually, it's the last tuesday of the year ^_^ although I think the latest will be dec. 19, since Axl said it'd be out this fall and that's the last tuesday of the fall.

Kannon.

Kannon.

Leave the kid alone,will you. He can't help it that he was born with the braincells of a cow.

:)

ron reply to my message and he says it bullshit

Date: Sep 7, 2006 11:43 AM

Subject: RE: merck leaving the company's management team?

Body: Everything is bullshit unless you see a press release from Sanctuary.

bbf

----------------- Original Message -----------------

Date: Sep 7, 2006 11:06 AM

According to Hits Daily Double, word inside the Sanctuary Music Group is that Merck Mercuriadis will be leaving the company's management team. GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose is said to be leaving with Merck as a client of the longtime Sanctuary executive.

is this true or just bullshit

December 26 actually, it's the last tuesday of the year ^_^ although I think the latest will be dec. 19, since Axl said it'd be out this fall and that's the last tuesday of the fall.

Kannon.

whatever, you get my point though.