Anyone think theres a chance of a new song...

slashplay

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not during the next round of "warm up" shows...but I would think there is a good chance that when the "official" tour (as Axl has referred to it) starts in October there might be a new song or two in the set.

Maybe even something that hasn't been heard yet!

This is the setlist from my first GnR show in '91

Perfect Crime, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Dust N' Bones, Bad Obsession, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, I Was Only Joking [intro] / Patience, My Michelle, Don't Cry, 14 Years, November Rain, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Rocket Queen, Pretty Tied Up, You're Crazy [w/ Sebastian Bach], Only Women Bleed [intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Bad Time [intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Estranged, You Ain't The First, Used To Love Her, Yesterdays, Paradise City, Welcome To The Jungle

Illusion(s) hadn't been released yet!

So yeah...there's a slim chance they might do a new song that hasn't been heard yet,it wouldn't be a concept unknown to Axl!!

I disagree with most of you. I like CITR, it is far more interesting than TWAT or Better. Yes it does sound like Queen. That was the point. I do not like the way Better goes out of melody. IRS needs to sound harder and darker. I hope it is also a bit faster on the album, "thrashier" as well. I also like Maddy & The Blues, just good old fashioned song writing and melodic riffs. I honestly do not think Axl will play anything that we have not heard until the album drops. I hope I am wrong though.

Anyone think theres a chance of a new song..., at the September shows?

I expect nothing at the early (i.e.: at least mid-September) shows. Maybe a "TWAT" if we are very lucky. But nearer to late October - if Richard and Axl are telling the truth - we may get something new, either the first single or perhaps another unheard album song, but again only if this really was the time.

There will no be "Catcher", as it has been repeatedly stated that we can expect this to appear on German Warfare.

Well, if they don't debut anything brand new (which let's face it, they are going to have to start doing soon); then by God at least play some more Illusion tracks. The current set list is stale. Drop the covers and a couple of songs from AFD. I know LALD, and KOHD in particular, are staples...but this is a new age, is it not? Do you realize this band has played KOHD almost since the freaking start!! Enough already!!

How great would it be to hear songs like Breakdown and Yesterdays? Breakdown is a song I think the Axl of today would sound great on. Let's freshen things up a bit. They can bring out songs like KOHD every once in a while, but please not on every show. At this point I'd much rather hear Since I Don't Have You. It would be something a little bit different. Besides, it's an amazing song in it's own right.

Edited by KBear

Wait a minute...can someone please tell me why we shouldn't expect a new song in the early shows in the US? So are you lot saying it's more than likely we will get an AFD style setlist once again?

KBear: On the money once again. For the love of God he's gotta change it up for this tour...

Edited by SylvesterStallone

Wait a minute...can someone please tell me why we shouldn't expect a new song in the early shows in the US? So are you lot saying it's more than likely we will get an AFD style setlist once again?

You would think the warm up shows would be the place to try out something new, before they actually start the official tour. But, who the hell knows? It just wouldn't be GN'R if anyone did. :D