To those who think this new music cant make ur hairs go up....

Son Of A Gun

A lot of people don't really realise the power of this new music this band is making. People say how the music will never make their hair go up by listening to it...well I have proven them wrong now...

When I look at Robin Finck...his emotion, his feel, his movement and the sound of his playing...it is just amazing this guy perfection. He 's like an epic 70s rocker in todays scene....

Anyways...I was listening to There Was A Time in New York 5/12 and at hta particular solo that starts at 3:03 and just when Robin starts that solo, it is unbelievable it makes my hair go up, i urge everybody who has not seen it to PLEASE SEE IT. It is just amazing, especially the start. It just takes you away to another place, particularly if you close your eyes, it 's sum beautiful refreshening feeling....like a ship sailing along the clear blue waters on an early morning in the sun and the clouds after rain so freely into the horizon.

Guest cherry_bomb

this is just gonna turn into a "he's shit compared to slash" bashing thread.

for the record, i agree with you completely.

I didn´t know you were a fan of Robin... :book:

j/k :P

:P just a little bit!

Finck 182 iZ $h1T K0/\/\ /\/\Pared 2 $L@$H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11eleven

j/k :P

*On-topic*

TWAT doesn't do anything for me quite frankly, and I think thats why its not played much. Its not a crowd mover and it has no hook.

Finck on the other hand, I'm really not a fan of him live TBH. On the leaks, he is rocking though!

wow I got shivers only reading your post haha, no really, I think you are right.. that TWAT solo live from Hammerstein Robin plays is amazing.. I remember when I first saw that video, the combination of passion put by Robin and the sound was perfect.. his moves are so driven by the melody he is producing and he changes the solo a bit from the demo and it sounds even better! to me at least :heart:

this is just gonna turn into a "he's shit compared to slash" bashing thread.

I don't see why.

If it's a comparison on Slash playing his own material and Robin trying to cover it, that's one thing, but this thread is about the new songs. It would be impossible to say if Robin plays them like shit compared to Slash...

Funny how die-hard Slash fans are accused of turning a thread into something else, yet case in point, they're not always the ones who bring Slash up.

As far as hair standing on end with the new songs, just doesn't happen with me. I like some of the new songs, but they don't take my breath away. Hearing the opening notes of the Blues doesn't compare to the feeling that comes over me when I hear the opening to NR. Or the intro to IRS compared to the intro to Brownstone. Judging from the crowd reaction and the reception the old songs get compared to the new, I'm not the only one who feels this way.

i absolutely LOVE There Was A Time, it's now my favourite new song. My favourite used to be Better.

I think Finck is awesome :krider: but on TWAT, the part that makes my hairs stand up is the big long solo when the band is singing over it and Axl is screaming... :shocked: i just love that part. and the song ALWAYS sticks in my head for a long time afterwards!

Seriously, first time i heard that song, afterwards i just sat in silence like.. :mellow: wow!

Edited by AS_Warlock