No GNR for Big Day Out =(

Stupid_Moron

Fact * Sabastian Bach said that GNR would be here in the Summer ie dec,jan,feb

Fact * Big Day Out always starts around the 20th of Jan

Fact * The latest gig to be announced is on the 16th of Jan in CA (as far as i know)

Fact * There was alot of talk about the RHCP headlining big day out thoughout the year, but then that was all deminished because they are touring in April now.

Fact * There are strong rumours, some practically confirmed for Tool, Muse, The Who, The Strokes, Daft Punk etc etc, but no mention whatsoever of GNR

So, with all this information, it seems possible, though still not likely. The fact that there has been no stirs about gnr at all dont help. But i guess there is always a slight chance. They would fuckn own that stage. In fact it's probably too small a stage lol.

Anyway this was all just wishful thinking and pondering on my part....

Comments? :(

EDIT:

www.bigdayout.com

Tool

Muse

Violent Femmes

The Killers

Peaches

My Chemical Romance

Spank Rock

Jet

Eskimo Joe

Scribe

Evermore

The Sleepy Jackson (Aus only)

The Herd (Aus only)

The Spazzys (Aus only)

Edited by Stupid_Moron

Yes its the best chance so far for an Aus GNR tour

It's been 13 + years since gnr played here

Sebastain bach had been calling axl whille in australia

so we have the best chance yet for some shows

but GNR may play own shows rather then the BDO

Yeah i always thought of them doing their own shows, up until what Bach said. When bands say summer, or early in the year it usually points towards bdo.

Anywho looking at the schedule winter seems more likely, if anything.

Is January 20th usually the first date of the Big Day Out ie. the Auckland, NZ one?

If so perhaps after the January 16th date in California they'll skip the NZ BDO in favour of joining the tour for all the Australian dates?

It's all speculation at this point, that Herald Sun reference to GNR playing BDO doesn't help things at all.

Ha... thats interesting.... Yeah looking through the BDO message boards..."Also the Herald Sun has the Killers confirmed as BDO goers. Its in their 2 page interview with them

In the hot or not column they said BDO is gonna be hot, we're hearing Gunners, Foo Fighters, Killers, Lily Alen."

So yeah... there is a small amount of buzz... but i still think its a very long shot. Unless Bach actually got the summer right haha, then its a medium lenght shot lol.

We shall know on Oct 4th anyway, first announcement.

Is January 20th usually the first date of the Big Day Out ie. the Auckland, NZ one?

If so perhaps after the January 16th date in California they'll skip the NZ BDO in favour of joining the tour for all the Australian dates?

Yes Aukland first.... Why couldn't they make the Aukland date?

the BDO sucks in my opinion, i hope gnr do there own thing, own tour, the BDO is always full of shit bands.

All i can say is...... Have you ever been?

Saying the bdo is always full of shit bands to start is just plain wrong. Plus bdo is like the best day of the year no matter who plays... ahhhhhh get excited just thinking about it

FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE MORNING.... rock3

Iv heard the rumours as well. If they do come hear i hope they dont play the big day out, i despise festivals, the big day outs full of dick heads, id rather they play individual shows. If they play the big day out, il still go see em though.

I agree with you about too many dickheads but ur gunna get dickheads at the indibidual shows too, just not so many young ones. Playing the BDO will all introduce the band to the young ones who dont really know there music

the BDO sucks in my opinion, i hope gnr do there own thing, own tour, the BDO is always full of shit bands.

All i can say is...... Have you ever been?

Saying the bdo is always full of shit bands to start is just plain wrong. Plus bdo is like the best day of the year no matter who plays... ahhhhhh get excited just thinking about it

FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE MORNING.... rock3

yeah i've been, it's full of shit bands, full of gay lords who think pete murry has good music, too many shit bands for like 1 or 2 good bands, i would much rather gnr do there own thing, they would have no problems.