Anyone get their presale password yet?

goldfinger19

thats awsome considering i missed out on the registration on here. i am so happy i can shit myself rock3 ...

now the knicks can suck dick this year since they got me into gnr rock3

but actually the knicks are on the up and up and that rocks too go channing frye!!!!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So no one can sign up anywhere for the MSG presale tomorrow morning?? I don't understand how all this works and no one is explaining it. :anger:

Sorry for the short notice guys.

It's unfortunate that we're not getting much notice on these. I've tried - multiple times - to ask Merck if our forum can be given a little more notice rather than relying on another site to "think" about posting the registration info here. It's a shame management doesn't just email the registration info to the admins of each major GNR forum at the same time (as they used to do in past tours) so that everybody can post the info at the same time.

All I can suggest is you check the forum several times a day for the presale info because the window for signing up for them seems to be getting shorter and shorter.

You know for an admin you sure as hell know how to start trouble. The other site admin guy posted the info on your site within minutes of it being known and posted on his site. Nobody was shorted shit. It was posted on the 3 main boards within minutes of each other. trouble maker. You people want some cheese with that whine.

Edited by sjgotnitro

So no one can sign up anywhere for the MSG presale tomorrow morning?? I don't understand how all this works and no one is explaining it. :anger:

It's unfortunate that we're not getting much notice on these. I've tried - multiple times - to ask Merck if our forum can be given a little more notice rather than relying on another site to "think" about posting the registration info here. It's a shame management doesn't just email the registration info to the admins of each major GNR forum at the same time (as they used to do in past tours) so that everybody can post the info at the same time.

All I can suggest is you check the forum several times a day for the presale info because the window for signing up for them seems to be getting shorter and shorter.

You know for an admin you sure as hell know how to start trouble. The other site admin guy posted the info on your site within minutes of it being known and posted on his site. Nobody was shorted shit. It was posted on the 3 main boards within minutes of each other. trouble maker. You people want some cheese with that whine.

It sounds like you're the one doing the whining. LOL! No - really.

Go suck a dick, Peter Pan.

Oh tough guys. Fuck Off Fags

One word describes what you're posting there: Lies!

Facts:

# I posted the information within minutes at HTGTH, CD.com and here. There was no thinking about where to post it. I posted it in the three big forums and even put a line urging people to copy the text to other GN'R fan forums.

# The pre-sale registration was open for about nine hours. I said it would be open until 6PM EDT, but I kept it open one hour longer.

# The window isn't getting shorter. As far as I remember, it was shorter for the London, UK show at the Hammersmith Apollo a few months ago.

# You have never contacted me about these issues. Instead it seems like you'd rather complain on your own forum and to Merck.

Have a nice day.

/jarmo

Edited by jarmo

One word describes what you're posting there: Lies!

Facts:

# I posted the information within minutes at HTGTH, CD.com and here. There was no thinking about where to post it. I posted it in the three big forums and even put a line urging people to copy the text to other GN'R fan forums.

# The pre-sale registration was open for about nine hours. I said it would be open until 6PM EDT, but I kept it open one hour longer.

# The window isn't getting shorter. As far as I remember, it was shorter for the London, UK show at the Hammersmith Apollo a few months ago.

# You have never contacted me about these issues. Instead it seems like you'd rather complain on your own forum and to Merck.

Have a nice day.

/jarmo

Excuse me? I don't lie.

I left pms for Mysteron several times about this issue - both during the past presale and prior to this one. Did he not mention this to you? And since the problem persisted - where our forum members seemed to miss the registration every time - I contacted Merck about it.

We all want to shut the scalpers out of the presales. No doubt about it. But when long-time, diehard fans from our forum are also getting shut out, there's something wrong. Sorry if you feel offended that I'm speaking out on behalf of our forum members.

As for my post in this thread - I was just explaining to our members why they missed the presale registration. In case you didn't know, many of our members have jobs or school during the day, and so missed your registration notice, which you posted at 9:52am (when most people on the East Coast of the U.S. are either at work or in school). And since the registration was closed before many of them got home from work and school, it made it impossible for them to register. (I admit this was better than some of the earlier presales though, where you didn't bother to post the info on other forums at all). So, I'm not sure why you're getting your panties in a bunch over my post.

Honestly, I think the best solution would be for GNR management to send an email to the admins of all of the major forums at the same time with info on the presale registration, including the passwords. This way, each forum could post the registration info at the same time. And if a longtime member happened to miss the registration, the admins could give them the info privately. This is how it was done - and quite successfully - during past tours.

Have a nice day.

If you gents want to have a disagreement, I don't think the public forums are the best place to do it. We're all excited about the shows and yes, things don't always go as planned, but I highly doubt anyone high up in here or at other boards is trying to screw over fans.

That being said, when the heck is this crap happening?!?!? j/k...(sorta) I dunno about anyone else, but my panties are definitely beginning to bunch ;)

Oh tough guys. Fuck Off Fags

"Fags" - The mantra of the idiot. Good luck with that. - :lol:

Edited by Ions

If you gents want to have a disagreement, I don't think the public forums are the best place to do it. We're all excited about the shows and yes, things don't always go as planned, but I highly doubt anyone high up in here or at other boards is trying to screw over fans.

That being said, when the heck is this crap happening?!?!? j/k...(sorta) I dunno about anyone else, but my panties are definitely beginning to bunch ;)

I am a member of both boards and honestly I saw the information here even before I saw it at HTGTH. Everyone knew announcements for shows were happening this week so if you wanted to be in on it the best bet was to be checking in, I don't see why everyone is so up in arms over this. :o

I am a member of both boards and honestly I saw the information here even before I saw it at HTGTH. Everyone knew announcements for shows were happening this week so if you wanted to be in on it the best bet was to be checking in, I don't see why everyone is so up in arms over this. :o

I totally agree Bandita. I noticed the information here first too.

Excuse me? I don't lie.
if our forum can be given a little more notice rather than relying on another site to "think" about posting the registration info here.

That's a lie. I didn't "think" about posting the info or delay anything. I posted the info right away.

I didn't post the pre-sale info once due to a misunderstanding. That wasn't the case in this or the previous pre-sale.

I left pms for Mysteron several times about this issue - both during the past presale and prior to this one. Did he not mention this to you?

He asked me to post the info here. Which I obviously did and which I had done on the previous pre-sale as well.

We all want to shut the scalpers out of the presales. No doubt about it. But when long-time, diehard fans from our forum are also getting shut out, there's something wrong. Sorry if you feel offended that I'm speaking out on behalf of our forum members.

Many people got shut out from the Hammersmith pre-sale because the show was announced in the morning and the pre-sale sign up started straight away and ended later that same day. So unless you logged in during the day, you missed it.

It's unfortunate, but it happens to everybody. Not just this forum. The same rules for everybody.

I get the impression you're trying to make it seem like I'm trying to make it harder for MyGNR members to sign up, by posting the sign up info late.

So, I'm not sure why you're getting your panties in a bunch over my post.

Read above.

Honestly, I think the best solution would be for GNR management to send an email to the admins of all of the major forums at the same time with info on the presale registration, including the passwords. This way, each forum could post the registration info at the same time. And if a longtime member happened to miss the registration, the admins could give them the info privately. This is how it was done - and quite successfully - during past tours.

Have a nice day.

The registration info was posted at the same time (unless you think a few minutes later isn't acceptable).

As I said, the same rules apply to everybody no matter what forum you post at.

You just have to read the forums and be aware of what's going on.

/jarmo

a quick thing.

I am a member both here and on HTGTH. I registered under my membership to THIS site. HTGTH is blocked at work. jarmo was kind enough to not only respond to my PMs on HERE during a hectic time for him, but also double check that my information was indeed in for the presale registration.

Based on this, it is my opinion that the admins are looking out for the fans, not trying to screw over other boards.

... the same rules apply to everybody no matter what forum you post at...

No, they don't, my friend.

That's the problem. In an earlier presale, you didn't bother posting the info at all on other forums, which is why I complained in the first place. It's true you posted it this time - and that's an improvement. But members are still missing the registration - as seen in this thread.

The logical solution - as I've mentioned before - would be for GNR management to send an email to the admins of all of the major forums at the same time with info on the presale registration, including the passwords. This way, each forum could post the registration info at the same time. And if a longtime member happened to miss the registration, the admins could give them the info privately. This would be the simplest and fairest way of doing it. It's also the way it was done - successfully - in the past. ... But for some reason, you seem dead-set against it and prefer dissing me for suggesting it.

Guest cherry_bomb

why the feck are jarmo and madison publicly arguing? c'mon...take it pm's :chef:

anyway no point bitching at jarmo he does a lot for us. not that madison doesnt, but u know