Thank you Axl Rose for giving us GNR back!!!

Roy79

I bet those fans that saw the originals playing the ritz and troubador are laughing their asses off at this thread. More power than the originals? Give me a fuckin break. These are family men, professional studio musicians doing a job.

The originals were friends, poor trash off the streets who were playing their hearts out without a thing to lose and not a care in the world.

Cut the bullshit people. It's fine if you like this version better than the old, but the reason that there is a mystique and aura behind guns n roses is because of what the original gunners had, authenticity and ferocious power. This band hasn't even released a fuckin record yet and have been touring for just 6 months, and already to some of you they are the best thing since sliced bread and the old band, you know the ones who released 4 albums and changed the rock world and pop culture are basically burn outs with nothing to offer. Fuck that, if that's what it takes for you to justify liking the new band then you're just plain lying to yourselves.

why do you people keep bringing the old band into this. This is a thread for thanking Axl for bringing Guns N Roses back. No need for this at all. Go to the fucking original GNR section and talk about them. Why do you fucking cupcakes feel the need to do this in every goddamn thread on this board?

Wow, you can cuss....what a BIG man you are.....here's a pack of gum, lemme show ya how to chew it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ :rolleyes: Read the thread again. People slagging the old band is what brought on the responses - Sly didn't bring them up first. Should these forums just be a free for all bash fest on the old band? Look who I'm asking.

no, people thanking Axl for bringing GNR back brought response from cupcakes with their TIRED 'this aint gnr' BULLSHIT. these fucks can go find a britney spears forum or something. seriously the old band has been gone for years, get the fuck over it already.

^^ :rolleyes: Read the thread again. People slagging the old band is what brought on the responses - Sly didn't bring them up first. Should these forums just be a free for all bash fest on the old band? Look who I'm asking.

no, people thanking Axl for bringing GNR back brought response from cupcakes with their TIRED 'this aint gnr' BULLSHIT. these fucks can go find a britney spears forum or something. seriously the old band has been gone for years, get the fuck over it already.

My dear hillbilly, you need to learn how to read. The old band is mentioned after lameass new guns fans rip on them. I realize it's hard for you in your bias to accept this...but I promise you, if you actually have any sense of reality in that skull of yours, you'll know that what you wrote was an utter fabrication.

There are some fuckheads here who think that to like new guns you have to disrespect the old band. If somebody is going to rip on old guns, you bet your ass, the real fans of this band will defend them.

I bet those fans that saw the originals playing the ritz and troubador are laughing their asses off at this thread. More power than the originals? Give me a fuckin break. These are family men, professional studio musicians doing a job.

The originals were friends, poor trash off the streets who were playing their hearts out without a thing to lose and not a care in the world.

Cut the bullshit people. It's fine if you like this version better than the old, but the reason that there is a mystique and aura behind guns n roses is because of what the original gunners had, authenticity and ferocious power. This band hasn't even released a fuckin record yet and have been touring for just 6 months, and already to some of you they are the best thing since sliced bread and the old band, you know the ones who released 4 albums and changed the rock world and pop culture are basically burn outs with nothing to offer. Fuck that, if that's what it takes for you to justify liking the new band then you're just plain lying to yourselves.

No kidding. The new band is cool and all. Like them if you want. Hell, I dig them. But what I find most sad is how much disrespect the old band gets from people who are supposed to be fans. Why all the fucking put downs? I am ready to just give up. If people can't appreciate them then fuck it, it's their loss. And how can you call yourself a Guns N' Roses fan and talk shit about the old guys?

The ferocious part has me laughing. What is ferocious now, Tommy jumping up and down in his flannel pants? Or Robin having to go pee? Christ. Yeah, the sound might be bigger. You've got an extra guitar and two keyboards that weren't there before. But what can't be captured is the dirty, sleazy, bluesy hard rock look and feel; the way those songs should be played because that is what those songs were all about and gave them their energy. Some fans need to go re-watch some of the old AFD tour shows. Ferocious was a bunch of street dwelling Gunners ripping through songs, half wasted, at clubs like Fenders Ballroom and The Roxy, trying to earn a few bucks for food and maybe even a record deal in the process. And believe me, those performances had plenty of power.

I agree with one thing though - even if there was a reunion it'd never be the same. Those days are gone forever (even though some nights I tell you they live on through my computer monitor with my Klipsch's cranked to the max). Maybe it's better to just let sleeping dogs lie. If they could still capture some of that spark I'd say hell yeah, but the last thing I'd want to see is the old guys going through the motions. Let's just show a little respect is all I'm asking. What is gained by dissing the old band all the time? Dissing them is a joke. They were kings of hard rock for six years, kicked ass and created a lot of timeless songs. Dismissing that just makes a person look silly. If it was happening right now everyone would love it. But because it's in the past some people find it easy to forget.

Wow. Awesome post. Really one of the best in a long time.

No kidding. The new band is cool and all. Like them if you want. Hell, I dig them. But what I find most sad is how much disrespect the old band gets from people who are supposed to be fans. Why all the fucking put downs? I am ready to just give up. If people can't appreciate them then fuck it, it's their loss. And how can you call yourself a Guns N' Roses fan and talk shit about the old guys?

The ferocious part has me laughing. What is ferocious now, Tommy jumping up and down in his flannel pants? Or Robin having to go pee? Christ. Yeah, the sound might be bigger. You've got an extra guitar and two keyboards that weren't there before. But what can't be captured is the dirty, sleazy, bluesy hard rock look and feel; the way those songs should be played because that is what those songs were all about and gave them their energy. Some fans need to go re-watch some of the old AFD tour shows. Ferocious was a bunch of street dwelling Gunners ripping through songs, half wasted, at clubs like Fenders Ballroom and The Roxy, trying to earn a few bucks for food and maybe even a record deal in the process. And believe me, those performances had plenty of power.

I agree with one thing though - even if there was a reunion it'd never be the same. Those days are gone forever (even though some nights I tell you they live on through my computer monitor with my Klipsch's cranked to the max). Maybe it's better to just let sleeping dogs lie. If they could still capture some of that spark I'd say hell yeah, but the last thing I'd want to see is the old guys going through the motions. Let's just show a little respect is all I'm asking. What is gained by dissing the old band all the time? Dissing them is a joke. They were kings of hard rock for six years, kicked ass and created a lot of timeless songs. Dismissing that just makes a person look silly. If it was happening right now everyone would love it. But because it's in the past some people find it easy to forget.

Wow. Awesome post. Really one of the best in a long time.

I second that

Couldnt agree more KBear

Fuck sakes. The old version of the band is why we're here now. Chinese Democracy and the direction of the new band is why we wish to stay here for the future.

Both bands are damn good at what they do. They're not the same, but they're not completely different either. Let's be honest, without the new band, there would be no excitement around here, but without the old band, we'd never be here in the first place.

Can't we ever just enjoy the fact that both bands bring something or have brought something in the past that was extraordinary? I guess not. That is what is truly sad.

Fuck sakes. The old version of the band is why we're here now. Chinese Democracy and the direction of the new band is why we wish to stay here for the future.

Both bands are damn good at what they do. They're not the same, but they're not completely different either. Let's be honest, without the new band, there would be no excitement around here, but without the old band, we'd never be here in the first place.

Can't we ever just enjoy the fact that both bands bring something or have brought something in the past that was extraordinary? I guess not. That is what is truly sad.

Amen.

I couldn't have said it better.

I've never understood people who diss the original band since it's their music that brought people here today. But Axl's new band - and hopefully Chinese Democracy - is the future.

Amen.

I've never understood people who diss the original band since it's their music that brought people here today. But Axl's new band - and hopefully Chinese Democracy - is the future.

Which brings us to the here and now...

Why not enjoy it for what it is people?

Amen.

its nothing against the original band per say. of course we all grew up loving GNR. its just a lot of these people here feel the need to bring them into every topic and feel the need to constantly remind us that they don't feel like what is going now now is really GnR. Right now, it is about the here and now, and thats why theres a section for the original GNR to discuss them there. It annoys me when I see certain people who don't even like the band posting here every single day about the new lineup, when they are here because they like the old lineup and dont even like the new. In turn I get defensive and say things like 'fuck the old band' because i'm sick of seeing all the bullshit and whining. Its not that i hate the old band, its that i'm past that and all about the here and now. and i'm sick of seeing people diss the current guys because they are the guys who replaced their favorite ex-member. its just sort of a way of lashing back at those who are trying to piss on what the majority of us here are happy about.

Amen.

its nothing against the original band per say ... its just sort of a way of lashing back at those who are trying to piss on what the majority of us here are happy about.

A great sign of maturity, huh?

The fact that you've admitted to attacking the classic line-up simply because others have expressed an opinion is a testament to your ignorance.

The guidelines specifically state that we are allowed to express our views on Guns N' Roses within the boundaries of this forum. If you are incapable of involving yourself in a respectable discussion without resorting to racial and homophobic insults, then you have no place here..

This isn't a battle to see who runs the sandbox. You are one of the very few on this board who attempt to censor opinions that deviate from your own. I have never seen anyone instruct you on what you should or should not post, and I think this entire forum would expect the same courtesy..

-Kickingthehabit

Amen.

its nothing against the original band per say ... its just sort of a way of lashing back at those who are trying to piss on what the majority of us here are happy about.

The fact that you've admitted to attacking the classic line-up simply because others have expressed an opinion is a testament to your ignorance.

The guidelines specifically state that we are allowed to express our views on Guns N' Roses within the boundaries of this forum. If you are incapable of involving yourself in a respectable discussion without resorting to racial and homophobic insults, then you have no place here..

This isn't a battle to see who runs the sandbox. You are one of the very few on this board who attempt to censor opinions that deviate from your own. I have never seen anyone instruct you on what you should or should not post, and I think this entire forum would expect the same courtesy..

-Kickingthehabit

i'm not about censoring anyone. i'm saying people like you really have no business posting here in the gnr section being you dont like the band, not one. your interests lie in the original band and velvet revolver. i have never seen you say one positive thing about the band. if you were a fan, i'd expect to see some sort of support mixed in with your criticsm, but its like you come here for the sake of being a negative critic and its really fucking lame. starting threads telling us to rip up our tickets because its not the same lineup from 20 years ago.. this is a fan forum, you know this right?

-Kickingthehabit

Well, I respectfully disagree.

It's true that KD gets out of hand sometimes - but it's equally true that some of the Slash supporters deliberately come into the main GNR section for the sole purpose of dissing Axl and his new band and to provoke a fight with the new GNR fans. So, pinning the blame solely on KD isn't fair.

-Kickingthehabit

Well, I respectfully disagree.

It's true that KD gets out of hand sometimes - but it's equally true that some of the Slash supporters deliberately come into the main GNR section for the sole purpose of dissing Axl and his new band and to provoke a fight with the new GNR fans. So, pinning the blame solely on KD isn't fair.

Madison..

I agree that there are tensions on both sides, but it is your job to ensure that this forum is operating at a respectable level. Members without administrative privileges should not assert any authority over one's opinion on this board..

-Kickingthehabit

Amen KBear - Just for the record, I love the new and the old.. I'm just paying homage to GN'R.. However they may be.

KK x

Anyone interested in keeping my topic alive? :rofl-lol:

i'll try!

when axl said his brilliantly vague "you'll hear music this year" phrase in january, I knew something was on the cards, but I never would have imagined a full european & north american tour AND the new album!

i've been lucky enough to see them 3 times this summer, and just 6 months ago I never would have dreamed of that happening!