Categorising the new songs

FinckFortus

I've been thinking about the proportions of different types of songs that we have heard so far and tried to arrange them into categories.

Rockers

Chinese Democracy

Better

IRS

Epics

There Was A Time

Madagascar

Catcher In The Rye

Ballads

The Blues

Do you think these proportions are right for the making of an enduring album? Do you agree with my categorising?

It boggles my mind where people are getting the word 'epic' when listening to any of these new songs..... With the exception of Oh My God and The Air (which Axl should be doing anything he can, including giving blowjobs, to get Dizzy to let him use this song on CD), the words 'monkey' balls pop into my mind when when I listen to the leaks/demos.

Good:

Chinese Democracy

Madagascar

Oh My God

IRS

Better

Catcher in the Rye

OK:

TWAT

CHEESY AS FUCK:

The Blues

How any of you think the Blues is a good songs is beyond me. I thought I was being biased toward the old sound so I let my girlfriend listen to it, cuz I thought "Maybe its a chick song," and within the first 30 seconds she said she thought it sucked the big one. I hadn't told her what I thought of it beforehand. In case you think shes a hater, she really likes IRS and Better.

Kinda seems like they abandoned the industrial sound.

I like Oh My God and Chinese Democracy so I must say that I'm a little sad and afraid that the album won't be as revolutionary as I once thought it would be. Axl has surprised me before though and hopefully will again.

I think, There Was A Time, is not really an epic. For me it's more a rocker.

And Catcher in the rye...hmm also not really an epic for me. More a ballad. ;)

I def think Madagascar is the only epic we've heard so far... the only over-powering, 20 different types of instruments, over the top new song. CITR and TWAT are both more of "rocker" type, although not as hard-edged as better, irs, or CD. All good songs though, love'um all. Can't wait to hear the rest. Come on November 21st!!!

Good:

Chinese Democracy

Madagascar

Oh My God

IRS

Better

Catcher in the Rye

OK:

TWAT

CHEESY AS FUCK:

The Blues

How any of you think the Blues is a good songs is beyond me. I thought I was being biased toward the old sound so I let my girlfriend listen to it, cuz I thought "Maybe its a chick song," and within the first 30 seconds she said she thought it sucked the big one. I hadn't told her what I thought of it beforehand. In case you think shes a hater, she really likes IRS and Better.

The Blues has a great melody and feel. I love The Blues. I like it better than CD or IRS... i just have a hard time picturing the Internal Revenue Service as the basis for a rock song. But if anyone can pull if off, GNR can. I still hate the industrial sound though, which is why i'm so glad that Oh My God won't be on the new album. It works for other bands, but it's not GNR. The Blues is GNR... reminds me of Yesterdays and 14 Years off UYII. More people will buy the album if it sounds like GNR, not if it sounds like NIN.

How could anyone make a judgement regarding a song within the first 30 seconds. Hah.

You got to be fucking kidding me.

Its pretty easy when the first thirty seconds are some of the chessiest sounding shit you've ever heard.

Thats just a testament to how shitty that songs is, you can tell right away that it sucks ass.

Songs that you know kick ass within the first thirty seconds:

Welcome to the Jungle

You Could be Mine

About a million others

Trust me on this one guys, the general public will agree with me on this one: The Blues is the pits.

Thats cool if you still like it, I'm just warning you not to be surprised when the track tanks.

Trust me on this one guys, the general public will agree with me on this one: The Blues is the pits.

Thats cool if you still like it, I'm just warning you not to be surprised when the track tanks.

Maybe the general public wont like it, but it is very popular among the fans