what if MSG reviews flop again?

admiral50

I do not think the concert will be bad. I am only flying from TX on business just to seat, just so you know, but I have some concerns. What if the same idiots, or someone else, who gave such an unwarranted bad review of the MSG 2002 show do the same this time around? Was it the Post in addition to somebody from Howard Stern?

I am just worried how Axl will react if this major concert gets bad reviews. This is big for him even if he is not saying so in advance. Keep in mind this is really the only "big" concert on the east coast. This is why I think rather than a press release we will get word during the concert of when the first single/ or album will be released. Also, a new song or two might be played more than likely in NY over a smaller city. That is what I am hoping.

I don't recall any bad reviews following the MSG show - other than Howard Stern's smartass remark.

*And I don't consider Howard Stern to be a "credible" music reviewer.

I didn't hear any incredibly bad reviews of the 2002 show. Then agian I didn't hear anything very positive either. What did Howard Stern say, Madison?

I think he is going to go the extra step into making the NY show one of the best he has ever done. There is a lot of pressure on him. And i really hope the audience and the critics (Howard Stern not fitting into any of these categories) realize that he is back and he is serious this time.

The possible bad reviews don't matter. Ticket and album sales will tell the tale. And Howard Stern is great, he rips on everybody, don't take it personal if he says something negative about Axl. I'd love to hear Axl call into the show next month, even though most of the interview would be about all the models Axl is banging.

I don't recall any bad reviews following the MSG show - other than Howard Stern's smartass remark.

I didn't hear any incredibly bad reviews of the 2002 show. Then agian I didn't hear anything very positive either. What did Howard Stern say, Madison?

Howard wasn't even in that show....his douchebag employ said something about Axl's voice!

Howard wasn't even in that show....his douchebag employ said something about Axl's voice!

Yeah, I think it was Doug Goodstien(not the old GnR manager) who attended the show. I think he said some stuff about Axl continually going backstage during the songs, Baba Buey might have said something too. Howard did call Axl a name in February when the leaks came out(they played part of IRS). No big deal though, Howard is a fan of Axl.

The media have never been friendly to GN'R, so why should we start worrying about it now? There will be good reviews and bad reviews, and the world will go on. Most people have a mind of their own and don't blindly swallow everything that the mainstream media put out.

Then he might realize living off Appetite is lame.

I think he/they are aware of that. At this point you don't showcase 2 hours worth of new songs live without an album out. Period. They are ramping up after a long hiatus. Is that all you see - is the obvious?

As for the topic of this thread - The reviews 'flopped' last time and they're sold out this time. Reviews mean shit.

Edited by Ions

I thought the 2002 MSG show was meant to have been like one of the best shows the band did on that tour/era. Maybe thats only from a fan's viewpoint, and not from a music critic's. I know who's opinion I would rather listen to. . .

Monty

Then he might realize living off Appetite is lame.

good god your an idiot.

Axl is really smart playing the AFD songs, he need to show the World that GN'R are back.

And when CD comes out and GN'R is a famous name aigen we get more new songs.

Hes only playing what the majority of people wants to hear you know...

Axl is really smart playing the AFD songs, he need to show the World that GN'R are back.

If those are the songs that people want to hear, than it stands to reason they most likely are huge fans of the people who wrote them, of which only 1 remains. Playing all of the old material so much only reinforces that group doesn't exist anymore, and reminding people so heavily of the old line-up actually makes it tougher to get the new project over the hump.

it seems to me that however great axl or the band is, the reviewers have such closed minds, all they ever have to say about it is- it's not as good as the old guns. i saw reviews of the first vegas show from september, and i tell you it was one of the best shows i've ever been to, axl's voice was great and i read a review that totally panned it. all i could think was, "was this asshole even at the show?" i just think, so what. everyone else who was there knows what a great show it was.

good god your an idiot.

Yeah, thats why ticket sales are so good.

GN'R is not back....Axl's back, and people wanna see what he can do, not what he did.

Watch ticket sales surge when the single hits, (assuming its good), and the band forms its own identity, until then its kind of a joke.

good god your an idiot.

GN'R is not back....Axl's back, and people wanna see what he can do, not what he did.

Watch ticket sales surge when the single hits, (assuming its good), and the band forms its own identity, until then its kind of a joke.

I agree, but they dont have much of a choice. We get bootlegs like crazy, and they just want to protect the new songs from getting out there before the albums releace.

good god your an idiot.

I agree, but they dont have much of a choice. We get bootlegs like crazy, and they just want to protect the new songs from getting out there before the albums releace.

A small number of fans on the net get bootlegs. Most people don't waste their time with it. If you want to know why they're not playing more of the new songs, then just take a look at the reaction of most of the audiences that have heard them. To say they got a lukewarm response would be a very kind way of putting it.