The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

Wand is out vs Sonnen @ 175, Vitor is... jesus christ, run for your life Chael. This is a 500% harder fight.

Wand a) didn't file for Nevada license b) literally ran from a drug test.

Anyone in the know, knew Wand / Chael was not happening, Wand wanted nothing to do with him outside reality tv and PPV points

That's why you don't bet on MMA :lol:

i won $35 off TJ :D

Revise to bet high then :lol:

yeah, Its just so risky, there are very few "sure things"

most i've ever bet on one fight was $50 (Wideman @ 168), I usually do $5-$10, $20 if i feel really good (Matt Brown over Erick Silva) and $50 for Wideman was fair given the odds and where the 2 competitors were at in their careers.

This is an amazing fight for Chael. He gets the chance to skip to the top of the middleweight queue - a queue that Anderson Silva is no longer the head of. Vitor's wrestling isn't great and Sonnen is usually smart enough to keep his hands up. If he could do that and shoot he wins rounds against Vitor easily. Just gotta watch out for the jiu-jitsu. TRTless Vitor could be an entirely different fighter.. dude could gas in the first couple rounds.

Also - lost a ton of respect for Wandy. He just legitimised everything Chael's been saying about him the for the last month.

Edited by Nobodys_Fault

Dana said its a contender fight but only for Vitor, makes no sense to me. Surely if Chael wins he should also be entitled to it?

It makes no sense for it be a contender fight at all really given that they're fighting at 205. Vitor's number one contender so he's just fighting to keep that(and he was going to have to wait for the winner of Machida/Weidman on the same card anyway).

Edited by Nobodys_Fault

Dana said its a contender fight but only for Vitor, makes no sense to me. Surely if Chael wins he should also be entitled to it?

Right, I was thinking the same thing. If Chael comes out and wins in dominant fashion, surely there's something to be said

Just reading back - there's no logic in it being one thing for one person, and not the other. If Chael isn't up there, then why should Vitor get that #1 spot...?

Chael fails random drug test, will not fight Vitor.

Holy fucking shitstorm. :lol:

Strange situation.

In an interview a few weeks ago Chael mentioned he was taking something to encourage natural testosterone production after cycling off TRT.

Looks like he failed to let the commission know, wouldn't be the first time :lol:

Picked up the shirt Fedor is wearing today:

20090604024101_IMG_21052.JPG

Affliction-Fedor-T-shirt.jpg

Love it!

Should have got the Glorious Sweater of Absolute Victory instead.

Or Mousasi's expression :)

Got it second-hand, couldn't choose :lol:

Andrei ^_^

"Don't boo me please, I give you so much."

Edited by The Sandman

• 3 weeks later...

Some good fights on the card last night, shame the Struve fight was cancelled, was looking forward to that one.

Ronda is a monster. I could tell she was going to run thru Alexis as soon as I saw her walk out into the octagon... just didn't think it would be that dominant :lol: Her Judo is unmatched and I don't think anyone can touch her atm. Bring in some real competition for her. Throws Judo throws are brutal and all it took was one.

Weidman stays the champ but Machida started to turn it on late... was a damn good fight. If Machida poured it on a little more in the final 30 seconds of the 5th he may have KO'd Weidman. He was VERY close in the 4th. The final two rounds were excellent. Was pulling for him big time. Still am not sold on Weidman and don't like him too much, seems like a cocky little bastard.

i'm officially too into MMA. i used a sweep i learned in jiu-jitsu on a girl in bed the other night annnnnd i threw her on the floor annnnnd i fell out after her annnnd it was a disaster.

but shes coming back tonight. i think i can finish her tonight.

:lol:

Edited by Jackie Moon
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...