The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

Bigger work than the WWE, look at this shit :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJD6aJXQo0M

It's getting more and more exaggerated throughout the years, and when you throw a Chael Sonnen in the mix, he'd be a perfect fit for a work like that. He thrives for shit like this. Definitely think this could be a possibility of scripting.

Did you see the Sonnen/ Jones season? Chael was nothing but a perfect coach there, none of his big persona or ego and was given the nickname Uncle Chael because of how excellent and serious he was.

For this I think Silva is the one causing all the trouble here, to me Chael looks uncomfortable there and Silva goes too far.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

last night was the most incredible thing i've ever seen. I cried last night, i cried again this morning just thinking about it. I've been following TJ since TUF 14, saw him fight in Montreal at UFC 158. So happy for he and Ludwig.

Also happy for all of us, we didn't have to witness another Barao sexy dance! Thank Christ.

Look at this picture

BodSrICIMAEG69i.jpg

"One of the most inspiring moments I've ever witnessed in sports! New #champion @TJDillashaw - My reaction"

• Like 2

Forgot to post here after the event. Great card and great win for Dillashaw. Been following him since his come up in TUF and this was satisfying. I'll be honest, I didn't think he'd dominate the fight like that.... don't think anyone did. Congrats to him. He was motivated and Barao underestimated him.

Also Hendo??? Good lord. Cormier looks scary.

He was officially the biggest underdog in UFC Championship history and destroyed him.

Dunno about that. Serra was +850 when he beat GSP.

I'll be the first to admit I never gave TJ a chance though. Barao looked unstoppable. A credit to the coaching skills of big bang Ludwig.

odds aside, this was a bigger upset without question.

We all know "anything can happen in MMA" and you can file the Serra-GSP fight as such, GSP got caught and that was that.

TJ destroyed Barao over 4.5 rounds finishing him late in the fight, it was not a lucky shot but rather total domination. This was far more shocking than a "lucky punch"

If TJ had knocked him out with that big right hand in round 1 there would have been some GSP-Serra type questions, where he dominated him over many rounds it was a complete victory.

• Like 1

He was officially the biggest underdog in UFC Championship history and destroyed him.

I'll be the first to admit I never gave TJ a chance though. Barao looked unstoppable. A credit to the coaching skills of big bang Ludwig.

TJ was about +1150 before the fight, TJ winning by knockout was +2250.

Nobody gave TJ a chance because of how good Barao was but like Rogan said after the right ended, it wasn't a fluke rather it was utter domination throughout the fight.

I rewatched it today and it reminded me of Silva Sonnen 1 but with a different ending.

Also Hendo??? Good lord. Cormier looks scary.

Cormier has to get the winner of Jones Gus 2 and I have little doubt that he will win that too.

Edited by Tater Totts

TJ was about +1150 before the fight

Not even close man. He was +580.

odds aside, this was a bigger upset without question.

We all know "anything can happen in MMA" and you can file the Serra-GSP fight as such, GSP got caught and that was that.

TJ destroyed Barao over 4.5 rounds finishing him late in the fight, it was not a lucky shot but rather total domination. This was far more shocking than a "lucky punch"

If TJ had knocked him out with that big right hand in round 1 there would have been some GSP-Serra type questions, where he dominated him over many rounds it was a complete victory.

I agree completely. I was just questioning the "officially" part. When Barao when to his corner and they told him he had to take him down I remember thinking, "Wow, they just told a guy who's considered by some to be the best pound for pound striker in the world that he can't stand with TJ Dillashaw". It's insane how much that guy improved in the space of a few fights.

TJ was about +1150 before the fight

Not even close man. He was +580.

Just looked a bit more and not sure where I got my number from :lol:

Depends where you look, TJ fluctuated from +475 to +765 on several sites according to this http://www.bestfightodds.com/events/ufc-173-barao-vs-dillashaw-786

So if we took the odds of TJ (+765) Barao (-1215) that one site gives it would make it bigger than Serra GSP which was around (+800, -1000). Of course odds are always subject to change and vary on the establishment so looking at it we can't really say this is the biggest due to the fluctuations in them.