The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

For the record I was a big Ronda fan before TUF but she just came across as a whiny bitch, she was complaining about anything and everything. For crying out loud when Team Tate won the first fight and Meisha was congratulating her team member Ronda got pissed at Tate for celebrating the hurt and defeat of her fighter and who can forget Ronda getting pissed at Tate having the audacity to smile :lol:

Edited by Tater Totts

A lot of that attitude may have been for the show. I've seen her off camera on Joe Rogans Podcasts, she's been on multiple times. She genuinely seems like a nice person and is very easy going and easy to talk to. But I guess when it comes to competition, she gets intense. Who knows.

Well obviously she isn't like that all the time but Dana said Ronda was worried about how she would look during the series so it is clear she was like that for the majority. I get the impression she is one of these people that has to get into an intense zone when it comes to fights. She isn't a Sonnen or a Rashad that can be quite easy going in the lead up.

• Like 1

I miss big-time boxing.

I've never been able to get interested in MMA, it always seems like two guys just rolling around on the mat. I just don't find it entertaining at all. I understand these guys are well conditioned, well-trained, and that there's skill involved, but I've never thought of it as an art like boxing (or at least what boxing used to be before it collapsed under the weight of its own corruption). There's a certain poetry in great boxing bouts that I just don't see in MMA.