Will You Burn Copies Of 'Chinese Democracy' For Friends?

D-GenerationX

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jeez why are all you guys such scrooges? surely you cant all care about the whole 'illegal' thing?

friends should share. that includes music....or at least it does with my friends and i. or do you all care about lining axls pockets more than you care about your friends? if your friends arnt going to buy CD...surely you should burn it for them so they can enjoy the music, Gnr should be about the music...not the money.

B)

rock3

It's definitely all about the music...and about the money. It's Rock n Roll.

jeez why are all you guys such scrooges? surely you cant all care about the whole 'illegal' thing?

friends should share. that includes music....or at least it does with my friends and i. or do you all care about lining axls pockets more than you care about your friends? if your friends arnt going to buy CD...surely you should burn it for them so they can enjoy the music, Gnr should be about the music...not the money.

You are right.

But don't try telling that to people who have their heads too far up their ass. :rolleyes:

It's not about the money.

It's about supporting the band.

All the band, management, and label see are numbers, and if too many cheap bastards just pirate the shit, then they don't see the success they deserve.

You alone can help avoid the "disappointing sales numbers" reviews. CD will sell on its own merits and those of GNR's name, but it will sell a LOT better if you don't just give it away to people.

How is "wanting to support the band" equivalent to having my head up my ass? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Edited by teknophyle83

How is "wanting to support the band" equivalent to having my head up my ass? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Cause you only see one option when it comes to support and that option is giving them your money. Clearly there are other ways to support them, just listening to their songs and liking it is one. Cause you talk about what you like and that my firend is free promotion. And if you share it, well that is free promotion too. No one can tell how many of the people who hear you talk about it or who get it for free will put money in the GNR Camp pockets but if these people don´t talk about it or don´t get to listen to it cause they didn´t want to spend money on the product for whatever reasons we can be sure that equals no promotion at all from their side. As we, the pro-filesharing side of this discussion, stated a couple of times now it´s not about the money, it´s about the music.

And by the way, when you but an idols financial happiness in before your friends there is something very wrong with your relationship.

I'm glad you want to support the band by sharing their music, but frankly, from the band's perspective, all they see is sales figures. It would never happen to GNR, likely, but there have been plenty of bands dropped from their label because their sales weren't meeting expectations. Wouldn't you hate to see that happen to a band you like?

And besides, this isn't the analog-recording days anymore...when you burn a CD, you're giving away an exact copy. I really hope GNR are smart and put in a bunch of extras with the CD (ala Weird Al's latest album, with videos and instrumental mixes on a DVD), as I believe that's the best way to help combat this sort of piracy.

As we, the pro-filesharing side of this discussion, stated a couple of times now it´s not about the money, it´s about the music.

That's cute, but, realistically...when the money stops flowing, so does the music. It's a business just like any other.

And by the way, when you but an idols financial happiness in before your friends there is something very wrong with your relationship.

So when your friends want something, you run out and steal it for them? Maybe I need new friends. :) Nah man, I see what you're saying there, but some consideration and respect has to be given to the artist here.

Maybe thomase can ask Ron what he thinks, as an artist who really seems to be in it for the music rather than the money and fame.

(Just messing with you, dude :) )

Edited by teknophyle83

I'm glad you want to support the band by sharing their music, but frankly, from the band's perspective, all they see is sales figures. It would never happen to GNR, likely, but there have been plenty of bands dropped from their label because their sales weren't meeting expectations. Wouldn't you hate to see that happen to a band you like?

Of course, but as I said before I think that most of do support many of the bands that we like financially in some way or antoher, just that it´s impossible to support them all in that way. Luckely all of us have different tastes in music so it´s not liek we´re singeling out anyone in particuilar.

As we, the pro-filesharing side of this discussion, stated a couple of times now it´s not about the money, it´s about the music.

That's cute, but, realistically...when the money stops flowing, so does the music. It's a business just like any other.

Well if you like to look at stuff that are likely to happen this is one that is not likely to happen. The money will NEVER stop flowing and neither will the music, no matter how you look at this so called "problem".

Filesharing can´t be stopped, so why waste money and time on trying to? Better to spend it on how to give people what they want so they think all albums are worth buying or at least so that MORE albums are worth buying. That is if they don´t lower the prices for an album, but that is also a thing that is not very likely.

But I guess you and me just look at it diferently and that is also cool with me ;)

No. Let them buy it themselves.

If they ask for a copy it´s not very likely their planning on buying it now is it? Maybe after they get a copy and been listening to it for a while they´ll change their mind. But if you put a stop to it for some stupid fanatic worship idea about money disguised as moral that isn´t likely to happen at all.

I will in fact buy the cd just because it's GN'R and I always support the bands that I like. But prices of cds need to drop. I think they should be between $4.99 and $7.99. The bands still make profit because the cds only cost like $1.25 to make. And at $13.99, more people download than buy. If all cd's went to reasonable prices, I'd go buy the ones I downloaded.

$1.25 to make? I heard this album has cost over $13 million up to now!

I still cant see what your complaints are about guys. You have ALL already heard 80% of Chinese Democracy anyway through the leaks. Do you really think that the album is going to be much different? If you think that, I am afraid you are going to be terribly disappointed.

Record Companies and Bands make far too much money in my eyes, so I'll be burnin like the Iraqi Oil Fields back in 92. I cant believe people are saying 'If my friend wants a copy, he will have to buy his own'. You are one shit friend if that is your attitude! I'll give my friends anything I can, as thats how highly I value them.

Do I rate Axl 'come onstage when I like' Rose, as highly as I rate people who are there for me whn I need them? Do I fuck. As a performer, he is really good, as a man, he is a fucking wanker.

I would like to read a reason why I should pay hard earned money to line the pockets of somebody who fucked up the best rock band in History, and is now trying to spin of living off that very same legacy. You pay good money to watch a band play songs that are twenty years old. I paid my money first time around, and I am I fuck doing it again!

• 1 month later...

fuck it people, axl lies, merck lies, like they give a shit, there never to blame! if we get fucked over, were to blame! nice work del!...... i think different! i'll buy vr's album, i'll download guns!, i don't think they had any intention to release cd this year, it was for the tour, i'll buy cd if it comes out this year like they said!.

if it isnt out in 2006 i'm downloading it. thats my deal. ill download it and burn copies for all of my friends so they won't buy it..

if it's out in 2006 ill buy it and buy copies for all of my friends as presents.

i'm the same, keep digging your grave axl!.

Wow - you're all a bunch of fucking douches.

Waaah - the CD isn't coming out this year so I'm downloading it! Axl's a meanie!

I want the album as bad as anyone else, but if it isn't out this year, guess what? I'll still buy it the day its out in stores. This whole "I'm taking my ball and going home" attitude some of you have is fucking ridiculous.

Get the sand out of your vaginas and buy it like the rest of us *REAL* fans will.

Edited by TheWildheart

Waaah - the CD isn't coming out this year so I'm downloading it! Axl's a meanie!

I want the album as bad as anyone else, but if it isn't out there year, guess what? I'll still buy it the day its out in stores. This whole "I'm taking my ball and going home" attitude some of you have is fucking ridiculous.

Get the sand out of your vaginas and buy it like the rest of us *REAL* fans will.

i feel like taking my ball and bat and smashing it over the kids head who keeps running his mouth!,

anywho, i still love this band, love the music! but sick of axls shit, sick of mercks shit, they mislead me to make money? i use them for free music!.

Edited by aussie_axl

I want the album as bad as anyone else, but if it isn't out there year, guess what? I'll still buy it the day its out in stores. This whole "I'm taking my ball and going home" attitude some of you have is fucking ridiculous.

i feel like taking my ball and bat and smashing it over the kids head who keeps running his mouth!,

anywho, i still love this band, love the music! but sick of axls shit, sick of mercks shit, they mislead me to make money? i use them for free music!.

This just makes you sound like a whiny bitch. No-one mislead you in order to take your money. Didn't you see a kick ass show when you bought a ticket? Guess what bucko - that's all that a ticket entitles you to. Nothing more and nothing less.

Real fans won't steal this album. That's all there is to it.

Edited by TheWildheart

It isn't the wait thats frustrating, its the games GNR likes to play with its fans thats reached the point of absurdity. The fans need to play their own game: If/When CD gets released, you download it for free. Basically take a "We'll buy it, we just dont know if "soon" is the word" approach. Have it when its released for free, and maybe buy it at a much later date.

I have a feeling GNR might not like this game as much as all the others....