Will You Burn Copies Of 'Chinese Democracy' For Friends?

D-GenerationX

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of you people are real freaks. of course ill burn it for my friends if they ask, i know a few will buy it too. spread the love, its all about the music.

and i have a sneaking suspicion that some people are getting angry about this...because they dont have friends to burn it for :huh:

Jeez is this still going on?

If the dude wants to burn CD for his friends, then he is going to do it.

At the end of the day, it is his property once purchased so therefore, he can do whatever the hell he wants with it.

Whether its wrong, right, moral, immmoral, it doesnt matter. The only bad thing to come out of it is record sales may be a little lower than they should be. BIG DEAL!! CD will still be awesome.

So please, ease off the guy.

Finally some people with a more humane point of view when it comes to sharing and burning records. I really can´t see how people can break it down to an economic standpoint and claim it to be a moral one. Thats what the big business wants you to think while they keep ripping you off.

Support your friends before you support big business!

Edited by Lukinx

id probably buy copies for friends and force them to listen :)

Hey, maybe you´ll buy me a copy and send it here? I mean if you think this is the way to fight filesharing. ;)

:fuckyou:

Wow, hard to deal with people having their own opinions? :D

Edited by Lukinx

tricky one. My friends usually come and see me rather than being 'virtual' so I'll probably let them listen to it or put it on while they're round my house, then they can buy it if they want to.

If someone wants to borrow it then I'll lend them it. If someone REALLY wants a copy that wouldn't buy it then I'd probably do it cuz if they wanted it without paying then they would download it like many have said and they might as well get a better copy of it. Maybe they've worked out a way to stop the average joe copying CDs in which case I'll not be inclined to find out a way to do it.

LP

I'll force my friends to buy that album. ;)

I already convinced three friends of mine to buy the album. No burning or filesharing from me!

One hopes burning a copy will get them to love the album and buy their own copy.

If GnR aren't gonna promote the album, I sure as hell am.

LP

Some people have stated that this is illegal, I don't know American law, but it's my understanding that in the UK you are allowed to make one copy of any CD that you purchase, for personal use. Personal use being a bit sketchy.

And who's to say that copying a CD for a mate is a bad thing, if it gets that mate into the band then surely that’s a good thing. As it will encourage that person to buy other merchandise/CD's, which will in turn benefit the band.

I would have never got into Guns N' Roses if my bro didn't copy AFD for me, and from listening to that album I went out and brought UY1 & 2 and now I will buy CD when it comes out.

Some people have stated that this is illegal, I don't know American law, but it's my understanding that in the UK you are allowed to make one copy of any CD that you purchase, for personal use. Personal use being a bit sketchy.

And who's to say that copying a CD for a mate is a bad thing, if it gets that mate into the band then surely that’s a good thing. As it will encourage that person to buy other merchandise/CD's, which will in turn benefit the band.

I would have never got into Guns N' Roses if my bro didn't copy AFD for me, and from listening to that album I went out and brought UY1 & 2 and now I will buy CD when it comes out.

I live in the UK, you can make a copy for personal use only. You cannot let groups of over ten people listen to the product. Selling copies or charging for the right to listen is illegal and giving anyone the product via a copy is illegal, as is sharing files from mp3 players. All are subject to change if you get permission from the artist (which is unlikely).

rock4

i did burn AFD for my mate but i really think he should buy them. i keep pointing this out. but he just changes the subject <_<

hehe, cool friend :P

BTW, this copying thing has been around whenever there comes new techology. The big companies shit their pants cause they can´t build and extyra pool on the roof of their mansion if some people copy the album/video/whatever. The discussion was arrounf when casstettes came, when the VCR came adn now its the CD-R/DVD-R and filesharing that´s killing the business. Weird that the business isn´t already dead since they´ve been bitching since day one. Weird that we still have mega rich stars, label owners and other people who are in it for the bucks and not the music. The day they decided that destroying peoples (mostly very young people) life by suing them for thousands/millions of $ for downloading an album or whatever is justified in the name of profits, that was the day they all lost my sympathy.

Edited by Lukinx

It's bullshit to give away music that people should be buying. Receiving music that you didn't pay for is called "stealing". You might want to look it up sometime.

Personally, I won't be stealing from a band that I happen to like, and would rather see be successful from a financial standpoint. And if my cheapass friends want a copy, they can go pony up the $15 just like I did.

It really strikes me as unbelievable that a group of so-called GNR fans would really be in such support of ripping off the band. Incredible.

And the reason it's "never been a problem before" is because before CDs and digital recordings, if you got a copy of something it was nowhere close to the quality of the real deal. Now, if you get a burned CD, there's no reason to go buy it. Your copy is just as good as the original.

Edited by teknophyle83

It's bullshit to give away music that people should be buying. Receiving music that you didn't pay for is called "stealing". You might want to look it up sometime.

Personally, I won't be stealing from a band that I happen to like, and would rather see be successful from a financial standpoint. And if my cheapass friends want a copy, they can go pony up the $15 just like I did.

It really strikes me as unbelievable that a group of so-called GNR fans would really be in such support of ripping off the band. Incredible.

And the reason it's "never been a problem before" is because before CDs and digital recordings, if you got a copy of something it was nowhere close to the quality of the real deal. Now, if you get a burned CD, there's no reason to go buy it. Your copy is just as good as the original.

Well if it never was a problem how come the discussion has always been there every time a new technology that makes copying possible surfaces? Filesharing may have (thats a BIG may have) made record sales drop, but just think of all the shit artists they´ve been trying to sell us and that we can sort out now a days easily thanks to downloading. This should in the future provide better music with real artists and not so-called music-industry-bands that are just products. And though the record labels are crying about some minor %-loss in slaes the concert venues and concert-providers are at they´re peek now and this probably has to do with filesharing and the promotion that it really is. So isn´t going to shows supportng the bands? People can find more music and great bands than ever before and if they like it they will probably catch a show the next time the band is in their town. Just think about the ammount of cash you spend on music, there is no way you can support every band you like in every way possible. Hopefully you do support some bands in some ways. If everyone does so, which I do belive music liovers do, this will never be a problem. The record companies are just trying to get you to make them richer and do so by selling you sob storys about starving artists.

And as I´ve said many times before, I didn´t know that loving music had anything to do with money? It´s better all people who wants to hear music can do so. If they´re not gonna buy the album anyways isn´t it better that they can enjoy the music in some other way? Maybe they´ll change their minds about buying th album or going to a show, maybe not. In the end, there will always be a music industry and people will always buy records, merchandise and go to shows.

A good stand point in this discussion is to try and understand that not everyone has the same economic situation and should people that are less fortunate be robbed of the beauty that is music just so that major labels can make some extra bucks? Cause belive me, its not about the artists and it never has been.

Edited by Lukinx

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Well if it never was a problem how come the discussion has always been there every time a new technology that makes copying possible surfaces? Filesharing may have (thats a BIG may have) made record sales drop, but just think of all the shit artists they´ve been trying to sell us and that we can sort out now a days easily thanks to downloading. This should in the future provide better music with real artists and not so-called music-industry-bands that are just products. And though the record labels are crying about some minor %-loss in slaes the concert venues and concert-providers are at they´re peek now and this probably has to do with filesharing and the promotion that it really is. So isn´t going to shows supportng the bands? People can find more music and great bands than ever before and if they like it they will probably catch a show the next time the band is in their town. Just think about the ammount of cash you spend on music, there is no way you can support every band you like in every way possible. Hopefully you do support some bands in some ways. If everyone does so, which I do belive music liovers do, this will never be a problem. The record companies are just trying to get you to make them richer and do so by selling you sob storys about starving artists.

And as I´ve said many times before, I didn´t know that loving music had anything to do with money? It´s better all people who wants to hear music can do so. If they´re not gonna buy the album anyways isn´t it better that they can enjoy the music in some other way? Maybe they´ll change their minds about buying th album or going to a show, maybe not. In the end, there will always be a music industry and people will always buy records, merchandise and go to shows.

A good stand point in this discussion is to try and understand that not everyone has the same economic situation and should people that are less fortunate be robbed of the beauty that is music just so that major labels can make some extra bucks? Cause belive me, its not about the artists and it never has been.

if these people you are refering to are so poor that they can't afford a 15$ cd, then how the fuck do they have a computer and a broadband connection?