Will You Burn Copies Of 'Chinese Democracy' For Friends?

D-GenerationX

Two copies will be purchased...one goes in the house,one goes in the car.

I'll be recommending it to people,I'm sure of that.

I definitely won't be burning it.

All you have to do is pass your headphones to a friend and say "hey man,listen to this!"....once his/her little brain is melted,tell him/her to go buy it!

I completley agree with this man.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, no one buys CDs anymore.

The reason I say that is to get out ahead of the "but you are ripping the band off" arguement, because I want to take it in a different direction.

Because once the CD comes out, I will in fact buy it. And I am going to burn copies for everyone who asks for one. I am going to post it on message boards I go to where people ask me about the band.

Why? Because Axl's promotional skills are laughable, and we are going to have to do the legwork for him. It is we, the diehard fans, who are going to have to sell this thing to our friends and such and hope it goes from there.

So what do you think? Will you do similar things??

D-GenerationX you're a disgrace!! :anger:

What's the legal situation in terms of buying one copy then making some more for yourself e.g. for listening to in the car or whatever. Is it legal to do that? I'm sure when you buy an album the physical disk is next to worthless (except obviously the value of owning the artwork) and you're realing entering a contract which entitles to listen to the music- regardless of whether it's on the original disk or an iPod or back-up copy? COuld someone clarify this? Whatever the case The only way I'll be listening to the album is from the freshly purchased album inserted into my stereo system and the volume cranked right up!

As for making copies for friends- not a chance. Mainly because they'll all be buying copies as well.

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Oct 19 2006, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That kind of shit is going to kill the album, and is illegal just to let you know.

I agree with you that it will kill the album, but just to let you know, it is not illegal to copy the cd and give it to someone. It's only illegal if you sell it. rock3

I will be buying one for me one for brother and one for girlfriend.

I see what you are sayin that you are excited bout it and want others to hear it. You realize they won't buy it on their own so you want to burn it for them.

I'd just play it infront of them all the time and if they want to buy it they can on their own. I wanna see CD do well.

what?!?..

young sir, this is absurd..

how dare you think such a thing..

I hope you burn in hell, and they strip you of your dignity..

blasphemy!!.. :xmasssanta:

nah..

really though..

I agree with this..

I could understand playing it for people, but to hand out free copies isn't cool

-----------

you know what I would think would be funny..

is if Chinese Democracy comes out on one of those discs, that prevents you from burning it..

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

"Computers can do that??"

370.gif

A real fan will buy the album. Only wannabe fans will download it (illegal) or ask for a copy. No mather how much the album will cost,i will buy it.

True. The problem is, there's a somewhat limited population of people who consider themselves "real fans" of this new "band."

Somehow, average folks are going to have to hear about the band and the music. Obviously, this isn't coming by way of an advanced promotional single or video. No release date to generate interest. How exactly do you expect people to discover the Pit(t)man/Finck sound?

I don't think that people are interested in the sound of Pitman/Finck. Most of the people who are willing to buy this album are interested in how this "new" G N' R album will sound in totality.

Look, no one buys CDs anymore.

The reason I say that is to get out ahead of the "but you are ripping the band off" arguement, because I want to take it in a different direction.

Because once the CD comes out, I will in fact buy it. And I am going to burn copies for everyone who asks for one. I am going to post it on message boards I go to where people ask me about the band.

Why? Because Axl's promotional skills are laughable, and we are going to have to do the legwork for him. It is we, the diehard fans, who are going to have to sell this thing to our friends and such and hope it goes from there.

So what do you think? Will you do similar things??

No real GNR fan would download the album - let alone burn copies for friends. This album has taken almost a decade for Axl to put together: Clearly, he has put all of his heart, soul, time and energy into this project. So, for some little punk to come along and tell everybody he plans to download it and burn copies for pals - is just disrespectful, selfish, and wrong. Shame on you.

this guys has got it in one, im sure axl would be pissed if some asswipe is downloading and burning it for any old dick who asks, he didnt spend years on it for that shit to be done

all this anticipation and once we get it, it's what? 75 minutes of music, if we're lucky. crazy when you think about it.

i say make CD your stocking stuffer gifts. help the band, make your friends think you still like them, spread some holiday cheer and then get drunk, drive your car and plow over a family of four.

wait! skip that last part.................

Edited by artfromtex

all this anticipation and once we get it, it's what? 75 minutes of music, if we're lucky. crazy when you think about it.

i say make CD your stocking stuffer gifts. help the band, make your friends think you still like them, spread some holiday cheer and then get drunk, drive and wipe-out a family of four.

wait! skip that last part.................

i was thinking...yeah great idea and then......... :blink:

That is why countless records stores are going out of business including Tower Records. They are closing all of their record stores around the country including Chicago. It is a shame for the smaller bands cause they need to make a living as well. I never burn cds for my friends and if I loan them one I make them promise not to burn it--- if they like it---buy it and support the band.