Predictions: How Well Will "Better" Do In The Charts

Jackamo!

Assuming it's the 1st single, cos' the HD site even said so in the email (send this to a friend), I was wondering how well everyone thinks "Better" will do in the charts.

I love the song, but think it'll be lucky to make top ten.

Edited by UK SUBS

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Number one single on the rock charts. If Slither could do it, Better sure as hell will.

I don't know about the regular charts.

I forgot about the "rock" charts, #1 for sure, I mean Nickelback hits #1 all the time.

But like regular charts, that's the difficult task.

It will maybe be a #1 rock single, but there is no way it will ever make top 40 because it won't penetrate the Kiss FM sphere necessary to have a top 10 single.

Are you saying that a number one song on the rock charts won't be anywhere to be found in the popular top 40 charts?

:shocked:

Step away from the crackpipe.

no one outside of here who ive played any of the new songs to likes them' so i say not very well

I didn't know they had CD players in the mental ward, Lawrence.

It will maybe be a #1 rock single, but there is no way it will ever make top 40 because it won't penetrate the Kiss FM sphere necessary to have a top 10 single.

Are you saying that a number one song on the rock charts won't be anywhere to be found in the popular top 40 charts?

no one outside of here who ive played any of the new songs to likes them' so i say not very well

Slither came #1 on the rock charts and peaked somewhere in the mid 50's on the Hot 100. There hasn't been a rock track in #1 on the Hot 100 since god knows when. Green Day's "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams" didn't even do it and that song was everywhere.

They'd be EXTREMLY lucky to have it break the top 10...

Edited by da_pope

truth hurts eh :book:

Slither and Fall to Pieces were both #1 rock and modern rock singles for a while, but never made it onto the Kiss FM format. I think the highest FTP ever made on the Billboard 200 was #52, and it was #1 rock for like 6 weeks at one point. Being #1 in your format does not ensure crossing over into top 40. Kiss FM is very picky about what type of "rock" music might make it into the rotation, most of which is EMO stuff. Look no further than TRL to see that, as that and the Kiss FM playlist rotation are nearly identical.

In the "normal" singles chart i think it'd be lucky to even reach top 20 in the UK

I mean, who buys singles these days? No one. I reckon in the UK it'll make like the top 30. And that's pushing it. My personal prediction - Guns N' Roses - Better will reach 46 and drop

The only other way i can see it getting higher is if it comes in at a high number but i think it'll drop pretty quickly

If the first single is the best that Chinese Democracy has to offer, I sure as hell hope it's not Better. It's a B-side at best.

I'm sorry guys, but don't you all know that's true? Deep down in your hearts?

GU

Slither came #1 on the rock charts and peaked somewhere in the mid 50's on the Hot 100. There hasn't been a rock track in #1 on the Hot 100 since god knows when. Green Day's "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams" didn't even do it and that song was everywhere.

They'd be EXTREMLY lucky to have it break the top 10...