Frank & Brian Part 2

danieljay

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm kinda curious to know if the primus tour has anything to do with this, it's at the exact same time and brain's been playing with primus a hell of a lot longer than GNR.

no, they already have a drummer secured.

ah alright... do you know who, offhand?

Tim Alexander

oh shit, i didn't know herb was playing with them! i might have to find some tickets for that...

It amazes me how few people really understand just how badass a drummer Brain is. I mean, he is seriously one of the best and most versatile drummers to come on the scene in the last 20 years. I've been watching his instructional videos and shit for years, he can do some killer stuff.

Brain is to drums as Buckethead is to guitar. Seriously.

Yep. He doesn't get to show it in GNR though.

Did Axl say on the concert that brain is sick? What excactly did he say?

Some people say he's sick, some say he has to spend time with his child...

Do you suppose they'd carry on with the show if either Finck, Fortus or Bumble got sick?

I mean, they'd still have 2 guitars and I'm pretty sure they could cover for each other...

Yea I would think that too, but when bucket quit before the rir show they cancelled. I would think Robin & Richard should have managed

Do you suppose they'd carry on with the show if either Finck, Fortus or Bumble got sick?

I mean, they'd still have 2 guitars and I'm pretty sure they could cover for each other...

i'm sure they could do it, but i don't think they would want to. maybe they would play without foot, but the other two are really core.

as unfortunate (and sickening to me personally as a bass player) the rhythm section of current bands seems pretty inconsequential to audiences. aerosmith toured without tom hamilton (at least for a little while), queen without deacon. i don't think either of those bands would tour without their lead guitarists. i would never see an aerosmith show without perry, and queen without may is blasphemous.

as far as frank and brain goes, the drum parts in most GNR songs aren't the focal point, save for songs like paradise city and the intro to ycbm. add to that the fact that drummers aren't really that acive onstage and neither of these drummers have taken a solo thus far adds to the fact that it's more or less a personalityless position at this point.

maybe with the introduction of new songs this might change, but for now this is how i see it.

This is just like Star Wars.

How?

Original Trilogy(4,5,6) = Old Band

New Trilogy(1,2,3) = New Band

:question::drevil:

Good analogy. This new band is to rock music what the Phantom Menace was to cinema.

Come on now-they're at least as good as Episode 2.

If any of the guitarists have an understudy that could step in, I'm sure they would in the event one of them were unable to show up. Metallica did it in the 90's when Hetfield injured his hand, his guitar tech took over his duties while Hetfield just did vocals.

Subs have happened throughout history...why is this such a huge deal now?

i just find it hard to belive that brain would just up and quit now when we finally are so close to the album supposedly?? i mean i know that he hasnt been in the band as long as finck or anything but he's put in many long hours in the studio and on tour jus to bail at the last second! theres something more to all this, gotta be

If any of the guitarists have an understudy that could step in, I'm sure they would in the event one of them were unable to show up. Metallica did it in the 90's when Hetfield injured his hand, his guitar tech took over his duties while Hetfield just did vocals.

Subs have happened throughout history...why is this such a huge deal now?

Because every time something happens, this becomes less of a band and more of an Axl Rose solo project with guest musicians.

My boy just sent me this.

"Brain Dead" Axl at it again

As some of you know, Frank Ferrer is currently drumming for the band on tour. The official word is that Brain is unavailable at this time because "he is still a new father". However, 2 days before the tour start, an email with the message "Brain has quit for unknown reasons" has reached me. Take it for what it's worth. no clue where its from ..

As some of you know, Frank Ferrer is currently drumming for the band on tour. The official word is that Brain is unavailable at this time because "he is still a new father". However, 2 days before the tour start, an email with the message "Brain has quit for unknown reasons" has reached me. Take it for what it's worth. no clue where its from ..

BULLSHIT!!! brain told the band that if they booked many shows this close to the kids birth he would have to sit them out at the beginning why the fuck would someone who has worked so hard quit this near to CD?

BULLSHIT!!! brain told the band that if they booked many shows this close to the kids birth he would have to sit them out at the beginning why the fuck would someone who has worked so hard quit this near to CD?

yeah that seems really farfetched... especially if you don't know who this email came from (i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you actually got said email)

yeah that seems really farfetched... especially if you don't know who this email came from (i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you actually got said email)

this info is from newgnr.com, i read it this morning. im not a frequent visitor to that site, how accurate are they there?

this info is from newgnr.com, i read it this morning. im not a frequent visitor to that site, how accurate are they there?

brain is probably just spending as much time with his family as he can before the release of cd, cause they'll be damn busy afterwards

As some of you know, Frank Ferrer is currently drumming for the band on tour. The official word is that Brain is unavailable at this time because "he is still a new father".

However, 2 days before the tour start, an email with the message "Brain has quit for unknown reasons" has reached me. Take it for what it's worth.

Source: http://www.newgnr.com/newgnr.html

Edited by jack99