Frank & Brian Part 2

danieljay

Mark my words. If this is true, it WILL be used as an excuse as to why CD does not come out this year.

Lame.

i was thinking the exact same thing dude

If it doesn´t affect the touring how could it ever affect the album?

because if axl isnt happy with cd he will just say it will be delayed due to the untimely departure of the drummer... we hope to announce a release date in the coming months... wait that sounds familiar

Edited by Martoine

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark my words. If this is true, it WILL be used as an excuse as to why CD does not come out this year.

Lame.

i was thinking the exact same thing dude

If it doesn´t affect the touring how could it ever affect the album?

Any session guy can come in a replace a drummer for a tour. However, its a lot more complicated when its down to an album. Just look at the problems when bucket left

So he can go drum for buckethead and they can get back together with Bootsy, Bernie, and Laswell.. right? <3 me some Praxis

hopefully

he's wasting talent in new GnR

no offence but i'd like Brain to be active and not sitting on his ass with Axl ;)

Not even ego-maniac Axl Rose would be that stupid. I think he just thinks "fuck Brain, we´ll stick with Frank" and move along with the plans. 2006 cannot be compared to the last time around, this is souding so much better and Axl seems to be enjoying himself.

Any session guy can come in a replace a drummer for a tour. However, its a lot more complicated when its down to an album. Just look at the problems when bucket left

Were those problems really related to the guitars on CD? Since they still are gonna put it out with Buckethead on it I would guess his parts were done and didn´t he leave just because Axl didn´t get the foot out of his ass and released the album?

And Frank can´t be concidered any session guy since he seems to have been around from the start of the pre-tour ready to jump in at any time.

Edited by Lukinx

Ya know theres just some motherfuckers that hang out in this forum just to cause shit and stir up controversy.I mean thats fine I suppose and all but it seems like theres something you could be doing better with your time. You all know who you are and for what ever fucked up sense of fun that you do it for but it seems to me a waste of goddamn time. Must be the only way they fucken know how to fight.

Mysteron, why are you so criptic? I don't know if it's me, but I don't get your point here. Say "yes" or say "no", don't say "maybe"... do you see what i mean?

So is Brain out YES or NO? :P

No

Nothing is cryptic

I don't think this can be any clearer. Brain has not quit.

Well, just pay attention in coming weeks. It's strange that we hav'nt heard anything in stone about the album since the "only a few Tuesdays left" comment. Trust me...if Brain is really out, it will be the excuse. I don't think it's a good excuse, but it sure as hell seems like an "Axl Rose" excuse. Hell, I would'nt be shocked if we saw this as a lame, convoluted excuse as to why the new video wasn't posted on gunsnroses.com.

Mysteron could make things clearer. He does not appear to like to give straight anwsers?

Misc user 01: Newgnr.com claimed that Brain has quit GNR.

Mysteron: Yawn

-

Misc User 02: Really, does it make a difference if it's Frank or Brain?

Mysteron: Precisely. People always miss the point as to what goes on sometimes.

-

Misc User 03: And what, prey tell, is the point?

Mysteron: Brain new baby, Axl respectful human, Frank great drummer. Go figure.

-

Misc User 04: It certainly makes a difference to me who is behind the kit. I'm a big fan of Brain's other work, and I think the guy's a powerhouse. If both he ad Frank are currently "in" GNR, as previously stated, then I'd like to ask if any possibility exists that Brain will be on this leg of the US tour at all.

Mysteron: Maybe, I do not know. The whole issue is about respect. Everything for the last couple of weeks has been about respect. Can people handle it.

-

Misc User 05: Mysteron, why are you so criptic? I don't know if it's me, but I don't get your point here. Say "yes" or say "no", don't say "maybe"... do you see what i mean? So is Brain out YES or NO?

Mysteron: No. Nothing is cryptic.

-

From Mysterons anwser (yawn) to User 01 tells me it's all BS and Brain is still in Gn'R.

From Mysterons anwser to User 02, tells me Mysteron see's no difference between Brain and Frank.

From Mysterons anwser to User 03, tells me, Axl's given Brain time off. But for how long for? forever? ;)

.and Mystersons anwser to User 04 gives the impression that the band have had some thinking to do over the past weeks.

Edited by dobadog

Guest Edward Rose

You're assuming that it DID cause song writing problems. I'm sure Axl had all the musicians recording for the album over the years, sign a recording contract that says he CAN use the tracks or doesn't HAVE TO use them.

In my oppinion, the long delay had nothing to do with artist or song writing problems.

Edited by Edward Rose

Mysteron could make things clearer. He does appear to like to give straight anwsers?

-

-

-

Misc User 04: It certainly makes a difference to me who is behind the kit. I'm a big fan of Brain's other work, and I think the guy's a powerhouse. If both he ad Frank are currently "in" GNR, as previously stated, then I'd like to ask if any possibility exists that Brain will be on this leg of the US tour at all.

Mysteron: Maybe, I do not know. The whole issue is about respect. Everything for the last couple of weeks has been about respect. Can people handle it.

-

Misc User 05: Mysteron, why are you so criptic? I don't know if it's me, but I don't get your point here. Say "yes" or say "no", don't say "maybe"... do you see what i mean? So is Brain out YES or NO?

-

From Mysterons anwser (yawn) to User 01 tells me it's all BS and Brain is still in Gn'R.

From Mysterons anwser to User 02, tells me Mysteron see's no difference between Brain and Frank.

From Mysterons anwser to User 03, tells me, Axl's given Brain time off. But for how long for? forever? ;)

His final answer as I posted above is quite clear. "Yawn" is a typical response to no source rumors. Anyone that uses Wikipedia as a source for anything is insane. I personally have edited information on there as can anyone.

Mysteron could make things clearer. He does appear to like to give straight anwsers?

-

-

-

-

-

His final answer as I posted above is quite clear. "Yawn" is a typical response to no source rumors. Anyone that uses Wikipedia as a source for anything is insane. I personally have edited information on there as can anyone.

.and Mystersons anwser to User 04 gives the impression that the band have had some thinking to do over the past weeks.

-

-

-

-

-

I think you think too much. You aren't in Mysteron's head or anyone elses. His last response was NO that Brain is not out of the band. That really isn't up for interpretation.

-

-

-

-

-

I think you think too much. You aren't in Mysteron's head or anyone elses. His last response was NO that Brain is not out of the band. That really isn't up for interpretation.

Then why doesn't he just say Brain is still in Gn'R? :rolleyes:

As User 05 said: "Mysteron, why are you so criptic?"

Edited by dobadog

Also e-mails to Merck have confirmed that Brain is still in the band. Confirmed by more than one source who corresponded with him via e-mail. He states that both drummers are considered to be in the band.

Read this entire thread for more info:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/i...p?topic=37995.0

PS: Thank you to the mod/whomever that fixed the name of this thread! :)

Edited by bandita

.as long as they have a drummer on the night that's all that really counts. Didn't Adler once break his hand and a drummer stepped in and filled his position at zero notice.

Yea, I think it was the drummer from cinderella

I think it was Don Henley from the Eagles.

.as long as they have a drummer on the night that's all that really counts. Didn't Adler once break his hand and a drummer stepped in and filled his position at zero notice.

I know this is a bit off topic but did Don Henley really fill in for Adler? Not trying to be stupid, just curious.

Fred Coury. Cinderella sat in when Steven broke his hand. OR OD'd what ever you believe.

Don Henley did drum for them at the awards show. I think it was on Patience and the 88 VMA's

Fred Coury. Cinderella sat in when Steven broke his hand. OR OD'd what ever you believe.

Don Henley did drum for them at the awards show. I think it was on Patience and the 88 VMA's

Thanks! I think I have the 88 VMAs on VHS tape somewhere. I will have to dig that out!

Guest Edward Rose
If he did quit, that would be cool. That Frank guy seems fucking awesome! rock3

He's cool too. He was the first band member to interract with fans backstage after one of the U.K. shows.