Finding C.D. in stores

slush72

I think it's quite probable.... when all the people from Sanctuary AND Axl himself are mind-controled by invertibrates -_-

They could try to do that, but think of all the thousands of record stores. somebody will tell before it is actually in the shelves, and you will read about it here before you can find it in the shelves.

The chances of me walking into a record store a spotting CD are a BIG fat zero :laugh:

1. I don't look in the Gn'R section these days

*2. These boards will light up the moment CD is out ;)

*will have reason to look in Gn'R section of record store for the 1st time in over 15 years :laugh:

(i'm joking here, as i did pick up the Hollywood Rose release some years ago)

Edited by dobadog

I think it's quite probable.... when all the people from Sanctuary AND Axl himself are mind-controled by invertibrates -_-

They could try to do that, but think of all the thousands of record stores. somebody will tell before it is actually in the shelves, and you will read about it here before you can find it in the shelves.

i think merck's quote was moreso stating that they would ship the records but not actually announce any sort of official "date" said records would be in stores for the public. as if to say, it's okay if the word got out that CD was available for purchase but they wouldn't (for whatever reason) spend time publicly announcing a release date.

What Gn'R should do is make CD mail-order only (direct from the Gn'R/Sanct. HQ) for the 1st month, to stop record stores and online stores making anything out of it :laugh:

Then, after most of the hardcore fans have got their copies, CD could go on general release (minues the bonus disc :laugh: ).

Edited by dobadog

I dont think most people will get to read it, cuz last tuesday when there were a lot of people here trying to read news of the show and stuff the server was too busy <_< so chances are same thing will happen when it comes out - someone will come and post "I got it!!" or something and some other person will see the post and tell other people...but yeah, I dont think I'll get to read it here :unsure:

Anyway, ALL albums leak lately, I dont think t his one is gonna be any different :)

Actually, we'll probably get it on Torrent before anything.

Of course it will, but I'm still going to buy the album itself to help the sales go up, as I think every true GNR/Axl fan should...

And about it hitting the stores before anything else happens, hell no. If it does, it will be the stupidest thing Axl's ever done, including all the late and cancelled shows. If he thinks the tour will be enough promotion, he's out of his mind. We'll be hearing about it soon enough, and probably some comercials.

that's not up to axl or merck. it may have been years ago, but not now, no way. if there is no promotion then the record company knows that it will flop.

Now that's a stupid thing to say. Why would a record company spend $13 million on and album and then step back and say "well, it's gonna flop so we're not gonna promote it? Whatever the deal is as to why Axl and the record company are taking such a weird route to promote this album remains to be seen.

It is absolutely zero chanse of that happening.

x2!!!!! Stores would have to have the hint and by that time everyone would know the album is coming out. I work at a indie store in South Carolina and there is no sign of this album coming out yet. If it does come out this year I will know 2 weeks in advance before its release. AGAIN THERE IS NO CHANCE THAT THIS ALBUM WILL COME OUT WITHOUT PEOPLE KNOWING ITS RELEASE DATE!!!

It is possible. Here's what you do:

You program the cd with two different music tracks. One is Chinese Democracry and the other is some shitty project nobody cares about like Simply Red with Korean lyrics. The shitty stuff is layed on top and Axls masterpiece is underneath. Then you add a time lock.

At the day of the release the Simply Red records are put on shelves in stores around the world. A couple of minutes after the store opens the artwork starts to change (just use some kind of material that wears down after a certain time) and Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy is revealed. The same thing happens with the music. The Korean shit is deleted and the masterpiece unveiled.

TA-DA!!

You program the cd with two different music tracks. One is Chinese Democracry and the other is some shitty project nobody cares about like Simply Red with Korean lyrics. The shitty stuff is layed on top and Axls masterpiece is underneath. Then you add a time lock.

At the day of the release the Simply Red records are put on shelves in stores around the world. A couple of minutes after the store opens the artwork starts to change (just use some kind of material that wears down after a certain time) and Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy is revealed. The same thing happens with the music. The Korean shit is deleted and the masterpiece unveiled.

TA-DA!!

This man is a genius....

TA-DA!!

This man is a genius....

:rofl-lol:

Of course somebody would spread the news. But isn't that kinda of the idea if you were to do it that way. It would start as a rumour and then as more people reported it would gain more and more credibility and by the days its in the stores there would be this huge buzz about how there was no official announcement and how CD is finally in stores. It could either really help the album or hurt it.

Either way,I think something like that would be great. I know its unlikely but it would be pretty damn cool.

Tbiz

God Damn it!!!!I want Chinese Democracy now!!!!!AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!Pleez Axl from your biggest fan Stevie Mutherfuckin D....From Cleveland....I love ya Plezzzz deliver soon...and I'll see ya Nov.24 in muther fuckin Cleveland....Suck on that bitch..Yea!

i just figured out that i have TWO nipples.. interesting.

What are the chances of C.D. hitting the stores without anyone knowing, like Merck hinting at in the Rolling Stone article? I think that would be pretty cool...there's only a few tuesdays left.

only a few? how many are there? out of interest?