What's up with nintendo sounds in GnR?

magho

Hi

I've never posted anything her before, but i've been a reader for a long time. But when i heard that new changed chinese democracy on youtube and the whole better leak (only had the 1:20 leak for a long time) i just had to post.

What the fuck is up with that pointless shredding sounding like someone is playing super mario bros. That is not good music. Don't get me wrong, I love the new band and i saw them twice this summer and they rocked, but really, that nintendo-shredding sounds like som guitar-geek filming himself and putting the tape on youtube so he can show everybody how fast he can move his fingers.

That's why i didn't like buckedhead (I didn't like his bucket, mask and raincoat either) and that's why i don't like bumblefoot. I know he is a good guitarist, but that sound when going through pipes in mario sunds bad.

I loved slash because of his soul, I love finck because of his soul and i love richard for his soul.

I don't understand why they need a guitargeek in the band when you have two amazing rockstars who can pull off everything.

I know this is just one mans opinion, and I respect the band members and I also think it's up to them to decide what the music should sound like. But If chinese democracy is full of super mario shredding I'll be disappointed - it ruins the great music.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I've never posted anything her before, but i've been a reader for a long time. But when i heard that new changed chinese democracy on youtube and the whole better leak (only had the 1:20 leak for a long time) i just had to post.

What the fuck is up with that pointless shredding sounding like someone is playing super mario bros. That is not good music. Don't get me wrong, I love the new band and i saw them twice this summer and they rocked, but really, that nintendo-shredding sounds like som guitar-geek filming himself and putting the tape on youtube so he can show everybody how fast he can move his fingers.

That's why i didn't like buckedhead (I didn't like his bucket, mask and raincoat either) and that's why i don't like bumblefoot. I know he is a good guitarist, but that sound when going through pipes in mario sunds bad.

I loved slash because of his soul, I love finck because of his soul and i love richard for his soul.

I don't understand why they need a guitargeek in the band when you have two amazing rockstars who can pull off everything.

I know this is just one mans opinion, and I respect the band members and I also think it's up to them to decide what the music should sound like. But If chinese democracy is full of super mario shredding I'll be disappointed - it ruins the great music.

Well mate, i think you are gonna get disappointed.. the album will have toooo much of that nintendo :laugh: sound.

haha, I'm not Kaneda, and I'm not negative towards the new band at all. I just don't want to think about super mario when i listen to CD.

I've no problem with bumblefoot if he plays with soul, like he does on most of the old stuff.

And why does Buckethead not play with soul?

I think he does sometimes..

He does ALL the time. Just because you can't see his face, or he doesn't always rock out that much, is not a justification of 'playing - but not with soul'. The other thing is 'He's not this, he's not that, he's not that person' etc.

It's stupid - and to say he doesn't play with soul is a plain admission you've not heard or seen his work.

I didn't say that. I said i didn't like him because of the pointless shredding. That doesn't mean he can't play with soul, because he really can.

But seriously, i'll laugh if you think there's soul in that nintendo-shredding.

He does ALL the time. Just because you can't see his face, or he doesn't always rock out that much, is not a justification of 'playing - but not with soul'. The other thing is 'He's not this, he's not that, he's not that person' etc.

It's stupid - and to say he doesn't play with soul is a plain admission you've not heard or seen his work.

yes, I agree with you

cause what is soul when it comes to music? It can be so many different things to each person who are listening to it. For instance, if you think that bucket play with a lot of emotion, then he does, to you.. it's individual.

I didn't say that. I said i didn't like him because of the pointless shredding. That doesn't mean he can't play with soul, because he really can.

But seriously, i'll laugh if you think there's soul in that nintendo-shredding.

Finck does most of it in the new Chi Dem - but why can't there be soul in shredding? :huh:

Why can't you put your all into something you're good at?

Shredding can be cool. Nintendo-sounding shredding is something i can laugh off on youtube, but on a Guns N Roses record it would be really sad. If you like it, I'm happy for you.

Again, Shredding can be really cool, not nintendo-shredding.

Please, don't take me for a basher. I defended Guns N' Roses in my camp at Roskilde this summer when everybody said it sucked. To me it was an amazing concert.

And this was never tread was never supposed to be a person-bashing tread. I'm sorry for bringing that up. I support Axl and the guys 100 %, I'll buy CD and i'll probably like it anyway. But too much of that super mario shredding may be the factor that makes CD good, not amazing. But that's my opinion, and I hope you can respect that.

I really like the new songs. Better, Maddy, The Blues, TWAT and Catcher are all great songs, IRS and CD is pretty decent too. I just don't hope the production and guitar-solos fucks that up.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to CD, looking forward to seeing them next year in Europe and looking forward to Bruce Springsteen tonight.

Hi

Its simple, Axl wants a player like Ron or Bucket in the band, because they can provide sounds most guitarists cant dream of producing!

If u dont like it, dont let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Just because you play fast and can shred does not mean it's without soul. The amount of effort you put into playing like that means your full heart is in it, just because you're not making poses or faces whilst you're doing it because you're putting so much effort into it does NOT mean there is no soul. Listen to Ron's song "I can't play the blues" it basically takes the piss out of all the people who say shit like that.

Hi

agree, I dont like bumblefoot. I did like buckethead, that man had skills guitarsts can only dream of.

He had sole in hes playing, and he could move really fast around.

Ok for starters Buckethead has more soul and emotion than any GnR guitarist ever. End of Story.

Colma, Population Override and Electric tears have more emotion than a bathtub filled with the tears of crying orphans. Then there's tracks like "I love My Parents" on other albums. Seriously, there's no argument there and I'm sick of having to discuss it.

The shredding in Better is only short and is there to give a sort of outside kinda sound, it makes the song sound really weird and angry, it adds to thw atmosphere of the song and is appropriate. Now if Bucket was playing a longer solo like in TWAT or Nottingham Lace or Whitewash or whatever it is musical genius with brilliant melody. So don't bash shred when it's in context and don't bash Bucket or Ron for just playing that and nothing else because they can play any style you want with awesome virtuosity as they have displayed countless times.

Honestly, I'm sick of having to tell the same obvious shit to the same ignorant morons over and over.

Edited by PurpleHaze

Ok for starters Buckethead has more soul and emotion than any GnR guitarist ever. End of Story.

Colma, Population Override and Electric tears have more emotion than a bathtub filled with the tears of crying orphans. Then there's tracks like "I love My Parents" on other albums. Seriously, there's no argument there and I'm sick of having to discuss it.

The shredding in Better is only short and is there to give a sort of outside kinda sound, it makes the song sound really weird and angry, it adds to thw atmosphere of the song and is appropriate. Now if Bucket was playing a longer solo like in TWAT or Nottingham Lace or Whitewash or whatever it is musical genius with brilliant melody. So don't bash shred when it's in context and don't bash Bucket or Ron for just playing that and nothing else because they can play any style you want with awesome virtuosity as they have displayed countless times.

Honestly, I'm sick of having to tell the same obvious shit to the same ignorant morons over and over.

A-FUCKING-MEN to that! rock3