BEHIND THE CURTAIN WITH GN'R Discussion Thread

Vadin

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaramo is acting like HTGTH gets the leaks or breaking news ha ha. so he makes bs rules.

well I think he gets told what to censor

the only place you cant read about the recent stories is a GnR board.

Doesnt make much sense to me!

It would be nice to se some sign of life/single/album from GnR

Both Axl and Del have been bad mouting us, the fans who have been bitching about the US tour so far,

Aspecially the setlist part. Personally I have not been doing this, but i can understand that some do. We really are ready for something new and fresh.

I was at two shows this summer, greatest time of my life, and I feel only beeing able to discuss thoose two shows is ridicoulous. I deserve to express my oppinion about every show, without beeing labeled as, in Del's word's "obsessive pests".

The shows are getting more and more predictable, offcourse not to the not-so-hard fans attending. Personally I think most have been reading about the show's in forehand, cause this board has like 25 000 members, and there are other board's out there aswell, not to mention newspapers.

Iknow the band put's on e HELL OF A SHOW! Many really loved a Unpredictable GN'R, were there actually was a chance of seeing a rare number now and than, and there was no show alike ever (Refering to the UYI-tour, sorry)

The band seem to be doing the same thing every night, like they practiced it, and it's the only thing they know. I personally know this is NOT the case, but to many it may come of this way. Do not think I am bashing the new band, cause I love all of them with my whole hart.

Well, my point was that I feel it is unresonable of the band to call us less of a fan, cause we critice the setlist of a show we are not at. I feel i did my duty while attending two shows this summer.

Last but not least, another quote by Mr. Del James "go ahead and flame"

Don't get me wrong, I fully support GNR and love the new lineup, but I think that labelling fans as 'obsessive pests' is not going to do them any favours. The fans that read and post the boards are the ones that have stuck by them, without us 'obsessive pests' how would the tour be going? And how would sales of CD be if the 'obsessive pests' did not buy or talk about it? Remeber who puts you where you are guys, with no fans to attend your concerts, buy and listen to your music, take some sort of interst in the band, what is the point?

i thought his comments were fair. A real fan just wants to listen to music and doesn't give a shit what other people think of the band. People who complain about setlists tend to do so because they want support or want to change other peoples opinions. Axl said he accepted bootleggars, the only people he didnt like were the one's who dont go to the shows and bitch about the set lists. In reality it is pretty sad to looking at a setlist of a show your not going to see just for the sake of criticising.

i thought his comments were fair. A real fan just wants to listen to music and doesn't give a shit what other people think of the band. People who complain about setlists tend to do so because they want support or want to change other peoples opinions. Axl said he accepted bootleggars, the only people he didnt like were the one's who dont go to the shows and bitch about the set lists. In reality it is pretty sad to looking at a setlist of a show your not going to see just for the sake of criticising.

Yes, but if you were to attend two show's, the odds are pretty huge you would get the same show +- 2 song's.. And when this is the deal, u deserve to complain :)

But sitting on the sideline, complaining and beeing an ass, whitout ever seeing the band, when u had\have the chance, is pathetic.

Don't get me wrong, I fully support GNR and love the new lineup, but I think that labelling fans as 'obsessive pests' is not going to do them any favours. The fans that read and post the boards are the ones that have stuck by them, without us 'obsessive pests' how would the tour be going? And how would sales of CD be if the 'obsessive pests' did not buy or talk about it? Remeber who puts you where you are guys, with no fans to attend your concerts, buy and listen to your music, take some sort of interst in the band, what is the point?

Read the article again, they were NOT refering to all the fans but to a small group of negative cupcakes whose only entertainment is to spread shit about the band when some of them haven´t even seen them live. They know they have our support and love but they also know about some shitty negative people,and I think they are the ones considered "obsessive pests",not the whole fan base.

but if you were to attend two show's, the odds are pretty huge you would get the same show +- 2 song's.. And when this is the deal, u deserve to complain smile.gif

to be fair though axl does do a pretty good job of jazzing it up. the fact he has a list list of "maybe songs" is a good thing because many bands don't. gnr arent the only band to learn a set number of songs for a tour and it's obvious that few people know that. if axl made every show different wouldnt people complaining that others got a better show or somthing?

I'm actually not as concerned about the variety as I am the lack of new songs.

Madagascar

The Blues

Chinese Democracy

Better

IRS

All 5 should be played at every show, every night. No exceptions. And I wouldn't exactly be heartbroken if 'There Was A Time' made the occasional appearance.

Edited by D-GenerationX

The bottom line is this: Who the fuck is Dell James to tell anyone what to think. Everyone deserves to feel the way they want to. Some of you guys are real fucking bitches, but that is part of what makes the world interesting. If you are reading this Dell, go fuck yourself you two bit hack mutherfucker. Mind your own fucking business. The fans can think what they want!!! And Axl, if he doesn't like it? What can I say but it is unfortunate that he will never know what it is like to be a real man.

but if you were to attend two show's, the odds are pretty huge you would get the same show +- 2 song's.. And when this is the deal, u deserve to complain smile.gif

to be fair though axl does do a pretty good job of jazzing it up. the fact he has a list list of "maybe songs" is a good thing because many bands don't. gnr arent the only band to learn a set number of songs for a tour and it's obvious that few people know that. if axl made every show different wouldnt people complaining that others got a better show or somthing?

Probaly, and this was in some way the deal when the Euro Tour wen't one, every show was, atleast to me, different. Complaining about this would not be half bad, cause evryone gets a GREAT show, and if someone was to get a better show, woho! More entertaining for us not beeing able to attend and having to read about it :)

The Us tour section have been pretty much dead, nothing new, this was not the case in europe, everything was hot for 3 months. I love that they have a maby list, but 90% of the songs on it have never been played, or maximum been played at 1 or 2 shows.

I always support GN'R to death in an argument, and one of my arguments have always been that if you were to see a Guns N' Roses show you never know what you'll get, and that every show was different, this is no longer a fact.

Did'nt like it, but what can you do ?

A lot of people on these boards have in fact gone to see the shows, so I don't get his attack - either way - won't lose sleep

Don´t know what u´re "arguing" against now... Of course a lot of people have. It´s not that. Why questioning the setlist of a show u never attending to go to? That was his piont. To make it even clearer..

If u have seen them in Norway, why complaining about the setlist in Dublin if you won´t be there..??

It´s a live show. Their attendence is not to tour around the world to give people bootleg-material. If that´s the case, the CD would have been released by now...

Yes, but if you were to attend two show's, the odds are pretty huge you would get the same show +- 2 song's.. And when this is the deal, u deserve to complain :)

But sitting on the sideline, complaining and beeing an ass, whitout ever seeing the band, when u had\have the chance, is pathetic.

Of course u can complain. It´s the free will. Some people even consider to give up the band because of that.. :rofl-lol:

I'm actually not as concerned about the variety as I am the lack of new songs.

Madagascar

The Blues

Chinese Democracy

Better

IRS

All 5 should be played at every show, every night. No exceptions. And I wouldn't exactly be heartbroken if 'There Was A Time' made the occasional appearance.

Here's something I agree with. Unless, for some reason, those six songs don't make it on the album, they really should be played at every show, whether the crowd reaction is bad or not.

so is del james another official member of gnr :drevil: ?## :P

"Family member" would be an apt term.

maybe he will replace pitman when he's ill or has a broken hand :drevil:

well, but i really miss sth in the article.....too less pitman....i mean he speaks about "don't bash robins beard, the setlist, etc" but no word about the pitman jokes....i think del james is not a member of mygnrforum yet

Axl has always bitched about a very small percentage of his fan base. Those with cameras at concerts, certain idiots fighting in the crowd, and internet geeks complaining about old, stale setlists. Do the comments "The Internet is a garbage can" or "Where's Slash? He's in my ass" ring a bell? Axl, for all of his greatness, is an insecure hot head with a very large ego. He goes off on people from time to time. This is no big deal. I'm still buying the record and going to his concerts.

If you want to get a good idea about Del James, go back and watch the Making Fucking Videos DVDs. That guy is a pompus, know-it-all, wanna-be artist who happened to befriend a rising star in Axl long ago. He got lucky and now thinks he's some kind of brilliant writer. He's was just another white trash partier on Sunset who happened to stumble upon a lottery ticket in the form of GNR in the mid-80s. I'll say one thing for him, he's loyal. That is one common characteristic that all of Axl's people have.

That being said, I'll gladly read Del's elitist dribble if it means finding out things behind the scenes including the status of the drummer situation and new song titles.

Edited by milkboy

but seriously...they bash the internetfans....i mean not all fans have the possibility to go to the concerts and so they judge on the video footage on youtube, etc. its not right to blame them cuz i will buy the album however i've never seen gnr live.

btw i'm a bit dissapointed that axl doesn't speak personally to us...he can be so proud to have us fans still without any official promotion....but he wanna play the rock n roll bad ass....imo thats fuckin sad

I haven't complained about the setlists at all because I realize they are trying to appeal to the broadest possible audience and therefore they play mostly hits and a handful of new songs. If I want to complain about anything, it would be the fact that the new line-up has never played Atlanta and isn't scheduled to do so as of now. Let me apologize to Axl and Del for not having enough time and money to travel hundreds of miles from home in order to see the band-so fucking sorry guys. If I were making enough money I would see as many shows as possible and if I did I guarantee I'd be pissed about seeing the same show every time I did.

All of the fans are not as wealthy as Axl and can't just pack up and fly across the country in our private jets anytime we want to see a show.

It's this kind of thinking that has lost Axl untold numbers of fans. I have stuck with Axl through thick and thin, but his attitude towards his fans, especially those of us that haven't been to shows is repugnant. Try playing more than a handful of states and we would get a chance to see the band and judge based on what we have witnessed, not just what we have heard on various recordings.

no complaining here...i am still fucking happy that their touring and that the wait is finally almost over.

i could care less wut the set-list is as long as their there,i know that they'll play their ass off.

can't wait till dec.04.06.

rock4 rock2 rock3 rock1