Met Bumblefoot last night

HollyWoodRose84

so...wait a minute...bumblefoot and frank are going to be on chinese democracy? is that what he said to you?

please answer me, I need to be sure...

anyway that's fuckin' cool man he seems like a good guy and a talented musician...

this is a great band... rock3

Did you even read the Del James press release? Why do people have a hard time understanding that Frank and BBF, according to the article, WILL be on the album?

I can't really understand Frank being on the album - although he has been excellent through this tour, but BBF really deserves this for how he has related and communicated with fans.

Hope his solos match up to Bucket's.

BBF is in GNR. He's a part of the band. He SHOULD be on the album and BH SHOULDN'T. BH is not in the band.

Plain and simple.

I can't really understand Frank being on the album - although he has been excellent through this tour, but BBF really deserves this for how he has related and communicated with fans.

Hope his solos match up to Bucket's.

BBF is in GNR. He's a part of the band. He SHOULD be on the album and BH SHOULDN'T. BH is not in the band.

Plain and simple.

But he wasn't actually invlolved in the writing process. Maybe you misunderstand me - I'm all for BBF being on this album. I didn't say he shouldn't did I??

Cool story man - the little tidbits are really interesting to hear! rock3

PS - If you had BBF's beanie on, I wouldn't be able to tell who was who...:D

LOL everyone has been telling me all day that we look like brothers. As for me not going to the party, I stated in the last response that my boss is away on vacation and I'm there alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll week covering for him so I have to open shop at 5 am. There would be no way in hell that i could have called out. It sucks, but it was a harsh reality. I hope i can bump into him on friday because if I do, i PROMISE you all...the story will end differently

I did ask him about the whole Merk leaving Sanctuary bit and if it would affect the album. He said that it actually might but from the looks of things the album is still scheduled to come out this year. He also said that him and Frank played on a few of the songs on the album and he told me that we would all be "blown away."

This info fits with my previous post.

He said that Axl wants the Guns N' Roses album to have a positive effect in 2005. That's pretty clear to me. :book:

Um... Even if Merck said it would be out, it's obvious that he'd be going by what Axl told him. It's not Merck putting out the album, it's Axl. Damn sure that if Merck had the album and wasn't putting it out when Axl wanted it out, or if any of the fuck-ups were Merck's, there'd be hell to pay from Axl. :anger:

I'm on the record somewhere saying that a) they can get the sucker out with six weeks notice (so there's still Dec. 17th), and B) I thought the thing would be out this year ONLY if they did not record new tracks. As soon as it was said that Ron and Frank were recording, I mentally wrote it off. This is the same pattern that's happened almost every year. Somebody leaves and/or somebody new comes in and they record or re-record new tracks. Axl's got one hell of a self-destruct mechanism when he gets too close. :( (Either that or the new meds that he must have been taking to get him this far have worn off). :D

Merck still could be part of a problem, though, considering the wording of the story about his resignation from Sanctuary which indicated that that Axl and Morrisey were not confirmed as following. It's possible there's a contractual hang up. Sheer speculation, but it may not be in Merck's best interests to see CD released until Axl is free and clear of Sanctuary. Axl is a loyal guy, he'd back Merck up.

Merck had been expected to keep working with Elton John even though John is staying with Sanctuary, and that didn't pan out. Axl is signed to Sanctuary, not Merck. Getting out of the deal might be costing Axl big bucks, but it's also a good bet that Axl has a 'key man' clause in his contract -- no Merck, no deal, or no Merck and Sanctuary has to release him or pay him big bucks, something like that.

My guess is that Axl started re-recording tracks, and Merck's deal hit a wall and he doesn't want the CD out until it's resolved. Or Merck's deal hung things up and Axl quickly took advantage of the down time. Neither is pissed at the other because they cancel each other out. Will be interesting to see what official excuse they come up with if they miss 2006. (My guess is they'll blame it all on Sanctuary). <_<

The trick now is to keep an eye on Axl's mood. If it really is trouble, I can't see all this shit not affecting him at some point.

Edited by snooze72