Pyro Excuse: Fair or Lame?

feconroses

Man, you used to be my hero, but your attitude is now UNACEPTABLE. Why?:

1- Fire Marshall fault? Its GNR Camp duty to have everything settled, days before playing in each venue. Like maximum capacity in a venue, fireworks limitations, alcohol limitation, etc. Its GNR Camp fault NOT KNOWING this in advance.

2- Like someone said: "Pyro's is no f*ing excuse. I was just there 2 weeks ago for Godsmack. they had big pyros. Motley Crue last year? Big Pyros. I don't know what happened, but it wasn't the freakin' pyros". Is not that the fire marshall over there HATES AXL, so he prohibites GNR using pyro. NO! Its not like everyone in this world is against YOU AXL.

3- For the fans? Are you kidding me? Are you serious? I think most of the fans prefer watching a show without pyros (and maybe knowing the reason why there are no pyros), than no having a show AT ALL!! Or take one more day off and travel to another city to see a show with that includes the "all mighty unreplaceble" pyro.

4- Were is the rock n roll man? Stop the bitching and do the fuckin show without any pyro and just say "fuck the fire marshall, that asshole didnt want us to do the freakin show, well here we are fucker!!". Its more a diva attitude than a rockstar attitude to cancel a concert cuz of this.

5- Cant you go just make an accoustic set instead? Like a more intimate concert? What in the world stopped you from doing that? It would be a more fuckin special show than those who have the normal set with pyro.

5- Fuck it, this is fuckin horrible to the tour, less people are now, willing to go to a GNR show cuz of this. NORMAL fans just doesnt appreciate this stuff.

Its a fuckin LAME EXCUSE axl AND YOU KNOW IT.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, you used to be my hero, but your attitude is now UNACEPTABLE. Why?:

1- Fire Marshall fault? Its GNR Camp duty to have everything settled, days before playing in each venue. Like maximum capacity in a venue, fireworks limitations, alcohol limitation, etc. Its GNR Camp fault NOT KNOWING this in advance.

2- Like someone said: "Pyro's is no f*ing excuse. I was just there 2 weeks ago for Godsmack. they had big pyros. Motley Crue last year? Big Pyros. I don't know what happened, but it wasn't the freakin' pyros". Is not that the fire marshall over there HATES AXL, so he prohibites GNR using pyro. NO! Its not like everyone in this world is against YOU AXL.

3- For the fans? Are you kidding me? Are you serious? I think most of the fans prefer watching a show without pyros (and maybe knowing the reason why there are no pyros), than no having a show AT ALL!! Or take one more day off and travel to another city to see a show with that includes the "all mighty unreplaceble" pyro.

4- Were is the rock n roll man? Stop the bitching and do the fuckin show without any pyro and just say "fuck the fire marshall, that asshole didnt want us to do the freakin show, well here we are fucker!!". Its more a diva attitude than a rockstar attitude to cancel a concert cuz of this.

5- Cant you go just make an accoustic set instead? Like a more intimate concert? What in the world stopped you from doing that? It would be a more fuckin special show than those who have the normal set with pyro.

5- Fuck it, this is fuckin horrible to the tour, less people are now, willing to go to a GNR show cuz of this. NORMAL fans just doesnt appreciate this stuff.

Its a fuckin LAME EXCUSE axl AND YOU KNOW IT.

Well... Don't want to sound too negative but, yeah, he's right.

:no: .. do you think he's reading it now??? here?? why post it???

i dont know if he actually reads the forums, but its pretty clear someone in the GNR camps informs him about stuff happening in the forums, like the setlist bitching etc.

And thats not the point. The point is that the Pyro excuse is, LAME and possibly a lie.

Lame excuse. This would have been a GREAT OPPOURTUNITY for an Acoustic Show or a deviation from the established norm ....just to shake the shit out of things and keep the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz factor down.

Wake me up when this show stops being a nostalgic act. Not that I mind hearing songs that rattled my cage in college back in the day...but... alas the 80's and 90's are over and one must keep current cuz if you slow down you grow old.

All joking aside.... IF it's true that the fire marshalls were holding GNR to a different standard than other acts like Clay fuckin' Aiken and Greenday, then fuck them! If I was GNR I wouldn't put up with that shit either. Would you want to change your show for a specific venue when no other act has to change their act or set?

Edited by rocketking

so there are no fireworks or fire for a couple of songs

big deal, why cancel the show? people paid for the music not to see some fire every now and again

they don't even use much pyro from what i remember, unless there's more for the US tour

but i also think the no alcohol rule is bullshit too

There was a time when Gun N'Roses could rely on the stength of the music to carry them through. Would the absence of fire really make any difference to the show? if management were any good they would have found an alternative option for arenas that donot allow for real fire to be used.

Maybe Merck should try looking into: Artificial Fire :)

This is our Top-of-the Line Artificial Flame, don't be fooled by cheap imitations! This effect has been long requested by schools, clubs and theaters who desire the look of a genuine open flame, without actually building a fire. This amazing device has all of the appearance of being an actual flame. When displayed, the fire department actually asked us to put it out - a true story! Completely simulated and safe for indoor use. No actual flammables are used. Silent operation. Plugs into any standard 120 volt wall plug. Each unit generates a "campfire" style flame - approx. 9 in. tall and 6 in. wide. Great for store displays, restaurants and theatrical applications. Your amazement is guaranteed!

Edited by dobadog

The fire marshall is a Velvet Revolver fan. :book:

LOL, yep. I bet the guy is a huge Slash fan! :heart:

He's got good taste. ^_^

All joking aside.... IF it's true that the fire marshalls were holding GNR to a different standard than other acts like Clay fuckin' Aiken and Greenday, then fuck them! If I was GNR I wouldn't put up with that shit either. Would you want to change your show for a specific venue when no other act has to change their act or set?

Change the show? We're talking about some flames and fireworks here. They've played without pyro before. Besides, Clay actually HAS an album out right now...

Not like they asked Axl to sing a new song off CD. :drevil:

There was a time when Gun N'Roses could rely on the stength of the music to carry them through. Would the absence of fire really make any difference to the show? if management were any good they would have found an alternative option for arenas that donot allow for real fire to be used.

Maybe Merck should try looking into: Artificial Fire :)

This is our Top-of-the Line Artificial Flame, don't be fooled by cheap imitations! This effect has been long requested by schools, clubs and theaters who desire the look of a genuine open flame, without actually building a fire. This amazing device has all of the appearance of being an actual flame. When displayed, the fire department actually asked us to put it out - a true story! Completely simulated and safe for indoor use. No actual flammables are used. Silent operation. Plugs into any standard 120 volt wall plug. Each unit generates a "campfire" style flame - approx. 9 in. tall and 6 in. wide. Great for store displays, restaurants and theatrical applications. Your amazement is guaranteed!

Unfortunately, based on random radio samplings, it seems as though the average music fan no longer cares about the "strength of the music."

He's got good taste. ^_^

Change the show? We're talking about some flames and fireworks here. They've played without pyro before. Besides, Clay actually HAS an album out right now...

Fair enough.... I'm just saying if it was me, I wouldn't want to change my show either. But hey, he made his bed so he's (Axl) gonna have to deal with the consequences.

TONS! I heard he has it shooting out of his ass too.

Oh wait, maybe it was something else I heard about what he has in his ass.....nevermind.

I don't even know who you are anymore. :shocked:

Edited by rocketking

All I wanna know is how much pyro does a Clay Aiken show take? :unsure:

TONS! I heard he has it shooting out of his ass too. :wub:

Oh wait, maybe it was something else I heard about what he has in his ass.....nevermind.

:lol: !

Nice exclamation point! B)

He's got good taste. ^_^

Fair enough.... I'm just saying if it was me, I wouldn't want to change my show either. But hey, he made his bed so he's (Axl) gonna have to deal with the consequences.

That was too easy... :unsure:

He's got good taste. ^_^

That was too easy... :unsure:

I knew it would throw you off! :heart:

LOL @ Subs! :xmasssanta:

firemarshalls have more to say then just pyro stuff you know, it's also about crowd controll and safety, and given the guns track record with riots it's only a matter of time before some over anxious firemarshall who is afraid of getting a bloodbath on his hands starts enforcing some nazi rules.

and concerning the acoustic alternative, you just know that people would be complaining about it because they went to see a rock show and they got some old guys whimping out on them with an acoustic guitar ;)

firemarshalls have more to say then just pyro stuff you know, it's also about crowd controll and safety, and given the guns track record with riots it's only a matter of time before some over anxious firemarshall who is afraid of getting a bloodbath on his hands starts enforcing some nazi rules.

and concerning the acoustic alternative, you just know that people would be complaining about it because they went to see a rock show and they got some old guys whimping out on them with an acoustic guitar ;)

Gn'R should have showed up, sat on the stage, said sorry for not being able to play the show and offered the audience a choice. Go home or have a listen to the finished album :D

They only sold something like 3,000 out of 6,500 available tickets. I don't see how crowd control was an issue since it wasn't even a sell-out.

Besides, in most cases, the riots are a result of a cancellation, not an actual performance.

In 87 or 88 I saw Def Leppard. The big deal about that show was they were playing in the round and of course they were huge at that point. My seats were about 10 rows up, left side/middle of the arena. When we walked in the stage was at the end of the arena. I was a little pissed because I would have had incredible seats if it was in the round, now I had just regular seats.

Well, Tesla and Def Leppard played the show, I'm not kidding, they actually played! Can you believe it?!

Joe Elliot explained it was "due to technical difficulties etc.. but we figured you guys didn't need all the special effects anyway." Typical stage banter from a singer, but it was cool none the less.

Anyway, I vote for lame excuse. GnR could have played without the pyro, and I doubt the crowd would mind very much. Sure, if I'm going to a show, I want to see 100% with all the glitz, etc.., but in the end its all about the music, or at least it should be, JMO.