Robin Finck in Worcester

javeluke

Hey everyone, I just wanted to know if anyone else at the Worcester show saw Robin throw his guitar off in the middle of a song. He then goes back towards his guitar tech and I could see the tech on the sidestage ready to put another guitar over Robins neck. Robin then pushed the guitar into the guys face and the dude stumbled back a little.

I thought that was it when Robin came out in the next song with a different guitar, then he threw that one off towards his amps and the stairs and he goes off stage in the middle of another song. I see him grab a bottle of water and throw it toward the backstage from the side.

I dunno, from what I have seen and heard from Robin both on bootlegs and hearing him talk, he always seemed cool, but he was the opposite from what I saw last night. I was about 7 people back on the floor from Robin's side of the stage and I saw all this clear as day. My buddy who was with me who doesn't know anyone in the new lineup was saying "dude, that guy with the beard is being a real dick right now!"

By the way, this was my first GNR show. Axl was amazing. Running full on during Patience and landing every note. All the guitars were great, but to me Fortus is the most impressive in the band. Ron has the crazy tecniques, but Fortus has the perfect fit and style for GNR. Robin was good too but I think that Fortus should be the one playing most of the leads not Robin.

hmmm, id bet he had a good reason to be pissed. lets be honest, this is Guns N' Roses, the sound shouldn't be fucked up. i have to admit, i like the idea of having a few people in the band who get pissed if something doesn't work right, simply because the odds are good that a mistake wont happen often. Plus, maybe some of the heat will be lifted from Axl.

If it was his wireless system, couldn't he just run back, switch guitars and keep it going? No need in my opinion to literally hit your tech in the face with the neck of a guitar as he is trying to quickly hand it to you. Maybe this is why there are three guitarists now, so when this shit happens the show goes on. Tommy and Ron both were looking over at Robin's side of the stage in a way that was a little uncomfortable. I dunno, just didn't really expect that from Robin.

And even when Axl had probs hearing himself, he just made a sarcastic comment to get his point across. He didn't throw his mic off stage, walk off and physically push a tech. Axl may be erratic, but once the show starts he is a professional.

Edited by javeluke

If it was his wireless system, couldn't he just run back, switch guitars and keep it going? No need in my opinion to literally hit your tech in the face with the neck of a guitar as he is trying to quickly hand it to you. Maybe this is why there are three guitarists now, so when this shit happens the show goes on. Tommy and Ron both were looking over at Robin's side of the stage in a way that was a little uncomfortable. I dunno, just didn't really expect that from Robin.

And even when Axl had probs hearing himself, he just made a sarcastic comment to get his point across. He didn't throw his mic off stage, walk off and physically push a tech. Axl may be erratic, but once the show starts he is a professional.

listen to the micpad mix from download.

He was probably having a bad night.

He strikes me as the type of guy who would be generally nice, but would also be quick to turn into a major asshole. In other words, someone with massive mood swings. This isn't the first time people have reported Robin storming off and throwing his guitar about - there was a thread about it on HTGTH once, some guy saw Robin being kind of a prick back stage during breaks and whatnot. Dunno. Doesn't really affect the music, but it's always disheartening to find out someone you think you respect/like isn't what you thought he was.

I personally don't like the attitudes of anyone in the band but Ron. I've heard some nice stories about Tommy and Richard, but these guys are never going to be accepted unless they start showing some appreciation to the fans. Bottom line is that I was outside of the hammerstein shows, and Ron was out there every single night. Axl even showed his face once. Richard was MIA. Robin was MIA. Tommy was a complete dick. Pitman doesn't do autographs, or pictures... so its understandable. Dizzy was a dick. Brain was MIA. Izzy and Kid rock even signed a few autographs on the last night.

Some of the surly attitudes of the new guys isn't going to help the long term success of this band.

He was probably having a bad night.

He strikes me as the type of guy who would be generally nice, but would also be quick to turn into a major asshole. In other words, someone with massive mood swings. This isn't the first time people have reported Robin storming off and throwing his guitar about - there was a thread about it on HTGTH once, some guy saw Robin being kind of a prick back stage during breaks and whatnot. Dunno. Doesn't really affect the music, but it's always disheartening to find out someone you think you respect/like isn't what you thought he was.

I'll remember its ok to hit someone in the face with my guitar next time i have a bad night ;)

This is kinda shitty, If Robin isnt happy with the work his tech is doing, why doesnt he just get a new one? Christ ive never known a band have so many sound problems and hissy fits lol Eddie van halen rarely even bothered to tune up before a gig, thats rock n roll. Not bashing your tech cos your wireless system fucks up. Those things do that!

ol Eddie van halen rarely even bothered to tune up before a gig, thats rock n roll. Not bashing your tech cos your wireless system fucks up. Those things do that!

ha ha....welcome to 21st century rock n' roll....

Pfft Robin is the sweetest to his fans. He is a really good guy - he does have a firey streak to him though. But the way he comes across on his website - he cares you know. I dont think he would of done that to the guitar tech unless he really deserved it.

How could a guitar teach deserve to be traeated like that? There's nothing a guitar tech could do wrong to deserve to have a guitar thrown at him and pushed around and shit.

If it was his wireless system, couldn't he just run back, switch guitars and keep it going? No need in my opinion to literally hit your tech in the face with the neck of a guitar as he is trying to quickly hand it to you.

Exactly. Obviously Robin isn't so important to the bands sound when he has the time to hit and push his sound tech, instead of just grabbing a new guitar quickly.and go on with the show... :rolleyes:

Well... this was my little "too early in the morning rant", because generally I really like Robins playing and style.

Pfft Robin is the sweetest to his fans. He is a really good guy - he does have a firey streak to him though. But the way he comes across on his website - he cares you know. I dont think he would of done that to the guitar tech unless he really deserved it.

How could a guitar teach deserve to be traeated like that? There's nothing a guitar tech could do wrong to deserve to have a guitar thrown at him and pushed around and shit.

yeah, unless you can't seem to get a guitar working for someone who's trying to play a show for a few thousand people, robins out there trying to give his best to the crowd and he ends up looking like an ass cuz of some incompetent asshole in the back.

no tech deserves treatment like that because that guy has no business being a guitar tech.

The sound in this tour seems to be continuing the horrible way it was in Europe.

I honestly don't understand why a band with the history and the name of Guns N' Roses has such a horrible sound.

Lack of money, maybe? I don't know, I really don't get it.

And about the Robin thing, I just don't see him as the classic angry hardrocker, throwing stuff, getting pissed off and other typical-macho-rock-god things, but if the sound was that bad, I suppose he got really mad.

At the same time, I don't know if now he's tryning to look and act like a hardrocker, and that would be a bad idea simply beacause he is not.

when did tommy hit his tech?

@ Download.

Erm.......It was by accident, i was there! He was actually chucking it at the person who threw a bottle of piss over him....and missed!

If we are going to rip someone a new asshole, lets get the facts right first so people can make a proper decision for themselves :rolleyes::P

LIZ

yeah, unless you can't seem to get a guitar working for someone who's trying to play a show for a few thousand people, robins out there trying to give his best to the crowd and he ends up looking like an ass cuz of some incompetent asshole in the back.

no tech deserves treatment like that because that guy has no business being a guitar tech.

I saw Michael Monroe once slap a roadie in the face just because the roadie couldn't seem to fix a problem with the cable of Monroe's mic.

I got mad at Mike, he was on dope and it was very pitiful.