Guns N'Roses vs Mötley Crüe

dobadog

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who cares about fucking bikes and girls n shit musically motley aint in same league as guns n roses

right now the crue look stupid onstage with Aerosmith

crue have everything onstage crammed in music takes back seat

Aerosmith come on none of that shit amps and mics the way it should be and kick ass they dont need flames and bikes and girls and pyro

let the music do the talking Aerosmith and Guns n Roses dont need a show for it to be good

I like Crue, but I think it's disrespectful to the fans that Vince shows up fat for concerts. I mean, fans shell out their hard earned money to see that guy perform. They have a right to expect him to be able to do it.

I think that it's disrespectful to the fans that Axl cancels concerts with hardly any notice....Yes, Vince isn't in great shape any more, but he still puts on a kick-ass concert, and finishes the concert....Axl, you never know.

seeing GNR tomorrow night in TO, and I am honestly worried that they won't show...now, that's real great for the fans...

while i have heard of Mötley Crüe i have never really paid any attention to them, as i thought they were simply all noise, image, drugs and little in the way of good music. Although i did once read (years ago) something about Mötley Crüe being the ones to beat, and Guns N'Roses being the band to do so.

Lastnight (by chance) i woke up switched on the TV and there was this band playing away. The stage looked like a circus tent, there were pyros going off, there was some crazy looking drummer that looked like a member of Kiss, there were motor bikes on the stage, there were hot girls doing hot things (with angle grinders) and as the camera pulled back there was a huge Mötley Crüe sign hanging at the top of the stage. I have to admit, i was somewhat what impressed. Tommy Lee's drumming was really rather good, he just pounds away non stop (and plays the keyboard for some small moments). All MC's songs seem rather similar to each other, although the audience was huge and loving it. It has to be said, Mötley Crüe's stage set up blows Guns N'Roses out of the water.

I prefer Guns N'Roses songs

(although after seeing lastnights Mötley Crüe show, kinda like'em now)

Mötley Crüe's pyros, Bikes, Girls and lights blow Gn'R's stage set up away.

Seeing Mötley Crüe lastnight (on TV) reminded me of the old Gn'R and also reminded me of how much the new Gn'R has moved away from that kinda look.

For the umpteenth time, they are not even the same type of music. The Crue are fun, but not a serious band. Lyrically and musically they don't hold a candle to GnR, old or new. They were fabricated to sell records, and are, IMO a step above Poison, but many steps below a serious band like GnR.

while i have heard of Mötley Crüe i have never really paid any attention to them, as i thought they were simply all noise, image, drugs and little in the way of good music. Although i did once read (years ago) something about Mötley Crüe being the ones to beat, and Guns N'Roses being the band to do so.

Lastnight (by chance) i woke up switched on the TV and there was this band playing away. The stage looked like a circus tent, there were pyros going off, there was some crazy looking drummer that looked like a member of Kiss, there were motor bikes on the stage, there were hot girls doing hot things (with angle grinders) and as the camera pulled back there was a huge Mötley Crüe sign hanging at the top of the stage. I have to admit, i was somewhat what impressed. Tommy Lee's drumming was really rather good, he just pounds away non stop (and plays the keyboard for some small moments). All MC's songs seem rather similar to each other, although the audience was huge and loving it. It has to be said, Mötley Crüe's stage set up blows Guns N'Roses out of the water.

I prefer Guns N'Roses songs

(although after seeing lastnights Mötley Crüe show, kinda like'em now)

Mötley Crüe's pyros, Bikes, Girls and lights blow Gn'R's stage set up away.

Seeing Mötley Crüe lastnight (on TV) reminded me of the old Gn'R and also reminded me of how much the new Gn'R has moved away from that kinda look.

Are you kidding me? Motley Crue is sophmoric rock music with no lead singer. I will agree that Tommy Lee is a good drummer, but they are all show. I saw them at Day on the Green in the Oakland Colesium and by the third song they were a mess.

1. Mick Mars (while a decent guitarist) moves slightly more than the cardboard cut out of his image @the record store. Even when he was young.

2. Nikki Sixx is one of the the quietest bass players I have ever heard, or not heard. Though he is charismatic.

3. Tommy Lee is pretty dope, though his theatrics (fake JD chugging and spinning drum sets are lame)

4. Vince Neil has never met a an echo machine he didnt love. Bret Michaels called him up and said "Damn dude, you use too much echo."

Put them altogether and you get a great band for the rooters bus on the way to your high school football game. There best slbum in my opinion was "Theatre of Pain" but they went pop witht he Girls etc.

I know they are a pretty popular band, but musically and vocally, they are just ahead of Poison, without the Blues Harmonica.

If you want to compare a band with Guns N Roses I would think a band that has the Stage Presence, Vocal lead Singer and Great Guitar licks, as well as a body of work that is diverse, (Looks that Kill could be on any Motley album and noone would notice, cause they have not changed or eveolved at all) I would Say the Scorpions would be a good comparison. Matthias Jabs would Give Slash a run for his money rock1 , see "Big City Nights" Just a thought.

For tthe record I have three Motley Albums, they are just ski trip music, not anything more.

Gunzen,

Mick Mars doesn't move much because he suffers from a rare, crippling bone disease. He has for many, many years. He's an awesome guitarist.

I said he was good, and he didnt move even when he was young <---I said that in my post, I know about his spinal issues, read more carefully, is that all you can pick out? Try even harder to find SOMETHING you can debunk, jesus.

Gunzen,

Mick Mars doesn't move much because he suffers from a rare, crippling bone disease. He has for many, many years. He's an awesome guitarist.

someone was complaining about his not moving the other night (i saw them with aerosmith) and i explained to him about the disease. he felt pretty bad afterwards.

Gunzen,

someone was complaining about his not moving the other night (i saw them with aerosmith) and i explained to him about the disease. he felt pretty bad afterwards.

Did you read my post, mars was fine during the Theatre of Pain Tour and Day on the Green, he just has no style. Slash was just fucking hypnotic, I remember when the Welcome to the Jungle CD came out, everyone was like Who the fuck is that guy!!!!! Noone even knew what he looked like for months, he hid his face for a long time. Mick Mars while a very good guitarist, which I also stated earlier, was not the front guitar player, Nikki has the charisma (I know he played bass) but he was the Axeman. Mick was just quiet cool, but compared to Slash, jesus.

Gunzen,

Did you read my post, mars was fine during the Theatre of Pain Tour and Day on the Green, he just has no style. Slash was just fucking hypnotic, I remember when the Welcome to the Jungle CD came out, everyone was like Who the fuck is that guy!!!!! Noone even knew what he looked like for months, he hid his face for a long time. Mick Mars while a very good guitarist, which I also stated earlier, was not the front guitar player, Nikki has the charisma (I know he played bass) but he was the Axeman. Mick was just quiet cool, but compared to Slash, jesus.

Shut up with all your $lash-hole Slashite bullshit. If you love Slash so much, then go to the VR section.

Dude, you are angry man, if you are gonna compare GNR to Motley Crue you are gonna compare them in their prime. And Slash was there for that if you didnt kow this. Damn dude, do you realize how ignorant you sound? No, wait...you cant. Never mind.

I happen to like both bands, but GNR remains a favorite. It's all a matter of personal taste.

However, if you want to break it down in a "versus" kinda way, here's what each band had going for them:

The Crue had a longer period of success, partied harder, and wrote some songs that hold up well today, especially "Kickstart My Heart." However, while each album had its hits, all of them suffered from filler - especially Theatre of Pain & Girls. Even Nikki Sixx admits this. Also, their songwriting and guitar work pales in comparison to Guns - structuring was elementary at times and riffs rarely changed. But I still love their hits.

Guns had only two albums (don't count Spaghetti) and about 5 years of solid fame. However, Appetite for Destruction is arguably one of the best rock albums ever made. Musicianship was superior - every player had different influences that magically synergized into a textured, gritty sound that no one has since captured. UYI suffered from a collapse in this chemistry, but still produced some solid songs.

Both bands are different, and I like what each has to offer. I just find myself listening to Guns more often. And for christsakes Axl, will you finally fight Vince Neil?

Motley Crue is a really shitty band. Hair metal is absolute crap. Thank god for Nirvana, AIC, and Soundgarden. They closed the chapter on that book forever.

I just went through a 2-disc set of Motley Crue's greatest hits. Their music is just garbage for lack of a better word. I like Nikki Six and Tommy Lee but Vince Neil is a lousy singer and their songwriting/melodies leave much to be desired...

GnR is nothing like any of the hair bands of the 80's and that's why they rule.

Motley Crue is a really shitty band. Hair metal is absolute crap. Thank god for Nirvana, AIC, and Soundgarden. They closed the chapter on that book forever.

I just went through a 2-disc set of Motley Crue's greatest hits. Their music is just garbage for lack of a better word. I like Nikki Six and Tommy Lee but Vince Neil is a lousy singer and their songwriting/melodies leave much to be desired...

GnR is nothing like any of the hair bands of the 80's and that's why they rule.

Motley's best album is the one without Vince Neil. It's a self-titled album and sounds a lot like alt-rock/grunge with Corabi on vocals. Great riffs on that one. Of course, it was their biggest flop. :(

As far as hair metal goes, they're tolerable, but I think their mid-'90s output is their best. Most people think it's their worst. But I like how they changed into more of an alt-rock band.