Guns N' Roses lyrics banned in Iran!

Markus89

Still don't really see the difference between Iranian government banning some lyrics and the american government banning some things to be said on tv etc...

Television is a public media, that is why it is regulated. It should be regulated a bit more in my opinion. Not for the adults so much, but for the children. Kids don't need to see a lot of the crap on TV. They are just too young to understand a lot of it. It is in the best interests of children, and for all of us in the long run, that they are not exposed to so much garbage at young ages. Study after study shows the negative effects of television on our youth.

You could use the argument that parents should be more involved and do the job so the government won't have to. But......we know how well that doesn't work.

There isn't much censored in the United States that isn't for the public. Almost everything is legal and protected by the first ammendment for private use.

Iran is not a place you'd want to live. I'm sure there are those who live there that enjoy it, but they are probably the ones in the favorable positions. The United States has its problems, but it is much much better here.

Someone made the comment about thousands and thousands of them wanting to immigrate to the US and various other countries. That's a good point. How many of us outside Iran would really want to immigrate there?

I'm no expert on the history of the middle east, but wasn't Iraq somewhat similar to Iran before Hussien was ousted in terms of censorship? Certainly in terms of oppression.

I don't understand the whole fuss over why Iran and other countries are upset about Israel and Palestine as far as Israel stealing Palestine's land. The governments of Iran and others are just as bad. They didn't come to power in a clean manner. It's not like everyone just voted all of these crappy dictators and goverments in and it's all milk and cookies. The whole Middle East is just screwed up. I bet the citizens of those nations, such as Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, etc. would prefer it be different. If they were told that they could have a peaceful choice on leadership, a voice (not that America is not without it's politics, greed, and scandal), like the United States they would jump at it. Except for those that have something to lose by freedom of course.

You are a moron as well. Israel stealing Palestinian land? You are fucking clueless. They never had any land idiot, these fucking assholes all of a suden claim it was their land after the Israilis made something of it. They live like animals and savages and all I see is derogitory comments towards Isreal. It never ends. They are surrounded by 33 Muslim countries and not one of these Muslim countries want the Palestinians in them. Do you know why? Because they consider them the worst of the Arabs. They used to sell their homes to Israiles, then they would come back and kill them. Yes everything is the fault of the Jews right? Being that I have both cultures in my blood which is very rare, I can tell you that Palestinians are a joke. They are liars, thiefs and cheaters of the biggest kind. And the problem is a genetic one. I am not big on Jewish culture either, I have problems with them as well. But all I see is how everyone loves pointing at Israel because Jews are easy to attack and all you hooray for tolerance!s that stood buy while Muslims inindated your own countries, are now suffering and wishing you never let them in. Please tell me why Indonesia has problems with all persons in and around their island? Is it because of the Jews who are 9,000 miles away? No, it is because they mixed with Arab & Persian blood and have taken the garbage Quraan to heart. And just so you know I cellebrated Ramadan in September and I will cellebrate Hannukah shortly as well. Trust me, the Palestinians cause is not a noble one. As for the Iranians, fuck them all. They want all Jews dead. DEAD. My mother and her family are Persian so I have dealt with a lot of shit. Anyone who takes the Quraan literally is lost. That is the problem. The thing is we like to believe that everyone has the right to beleive what they want. But in this case I do not believe in this case it would be proper procedure. God I hope they reinstate the draft and all you hooray for tolerance!s can learn to be men.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still don't really see the difference between Iranian government banning some lyrics and the american government banning some things to be said on tv etc...

Television is a public media, that is why it is regulated. It should be regulated a bit more in my opinion. Not for the adults so much, but for the children. Kids don't need to see a lot of the crap on TV. They are just too young to understand a lot of it. It is in the best interests of children, and for all of us in the long run, that they are not exposed to so much garbage at young ages. Study after study shows the negative effects of television on our youth.

You could use the argument that parents should be more involved and do the job so the government won't have to. But......we know how well that doesn't work.

There isn't much censored in the United States that isn't for the public. Almost everything is legal and protected by the first ammendment for private use.

Iran is not a place you'd want to live. I'm sure there are those who live there that enjoy it, but they are probably the ones in the favorable positions. The United States has its problems, but it is much much better here.

Someone made the comment about thousands and thousands of them wanting to immigrate to the US and various other countries. That's a good point. How many of us outside Iran would really want to immigrate there?

I'm no expert on the history of the middle east, but wasn't Iraq somewhat similar to Iran before Hussien was ousted in terms of censorship? Certainly in terms of oppression.

I don't understand the whole fuss over why Iran and other countries are upset about Israel and Palestine as far as Israel stealing Palestine's land. The governments of Iran and others are just as bad. They didn't come to power in a clean manner. It's not like everyone just voted all of these crappy dictators and goverments in and it's all milk and cookies. The whole Middle East is just screwed up. I bet the citizens of those nations, such as Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, etc. would prefer it be different. If they were told that they could have a peaceful choice on leadership, a voice (not that America is not without it's politics, greed, and scandal), like the United States they would jump at it. Except for those that have something to lose by freedom of course.

You are a moron as well. Israel stealing Palestinian land? You are fucking clueless. They never had any land idiot, these fucking assholes all of a suden claim it was their land after the Israilis made something of it. They live like animals and savages and all I see is derogitory comments towards Isreal. It never ends. They are surrounded by 33 Muslim countries and not one of these Muslim countries want the Palestinians in them. Do you know why? Because they consider them the worst of the Arabs. They used to sell their homes to Israiles, then they would come back and kill them. Yes everything is the fault of the Jews right? Being that I have both cultures in my blood which is very rare, I can tell you that Palestinians are a joke. They are liars, thiefs and cheaters of the biggest kind. And the problem is a genetic one. I am not big on Jewish culture either, I have problems with them as well. But all I see is how everyone loves pointing at Israel because Jews are easy to attack and all you hooray for tolerance!s that stood buy while Muslims inindated your own countries, are now suffering and wishing you never let them in. Please tell me why Indonesia has problems with all persons in and around their island? Is it because of the Jews who are 9,000 miles away? No, it is because they mixed with Arab & Persian blood and have taken the garbage Quraan to heart. And just so you know I cellebrated Ramadan in September and I will cellebrate Hannukah shortly as well. Trust me, the Palestinians cause is not a noble one. As for the Iranians, fuck them all. They want all Jews dead. DEAD. My mother and her family are Persian so I have dealt with a lot of shit. Anyone who takes the Quraan literally is lost. That is the problem. The thing is we like to believe that everyone has the right to beleive what they want. But in this case I do not believe in this case it would be proper procedure. God I hope they reinstate the draft and all you hooray for tolerance!s can learn to be men.

You need a fucking nap. Twat

Edited by bin laden killed gnr

This is because you are an idiot... Of epic proportions. I am ashamed I live in a country with fools like you. It makes me shudder...

Yeah...that's a nice reply....fucking pointless. What I meant is that it's exactly the same principle...

Yeah...I bet the Saudi Arabians would LOVE to have the united states to lead them.... You're so fucking naive it's not even funny.... This is the major problem with america starting wars all over the fucking world. You always assume you're the good guys, without even thinking twice....

I bet you're not the most educated fella....so shut up for a couple of years and re-think some stuff...

Don't be suprised that alot of the eastern world despises our pop culture society. 90% of this country and it's siblings are engulfed in the pop culture.

Majority of this country choose to live in envy in one way or the other. Noone is as happy as they claim to be. So many people are just wanting what they don't and can't have. They don't envy the people here or it's ways. Accept it.

Edited by bin laden killed gnr

LOL. What are you talking about? Who didn't have any land? Did you hear of the Holocaust? Did you hear of World War II? Did you hear that Israel became a nation again when that land was handed back to them (Jews) after the war? Who was living there before? Hmmmm, could it have been the Palestinians? It's not like there was this vacant lot swept and cleaned ready and waiting for the Jews to come in and have at it.

But you know, they've been fighting over there for thousands of years. It goes back to Isaac and Ishmael.

And where did you get I was for the Palestinians? I said nothing for or against either. However, it is clear that most of the governments of the Middle East want Israel wiped off the face of the earth. Part of their argument is that the land is not the Jews' land, that they have no right to it.

I don't think lying, cheating and stealing are genetic problems that are not common to all man. There probably is no good solution to the conflict. They both feel they have a right to that particular land.

This is because you are an idiot... Of epic proportions. I am ashamed I live in a country with fools like you. It makes me shudder...

Yeah...that's a nice reply....fucking pointless. What I meant is that it's exactly the same principle...

Yeah...I bet the Saudi Arabians would LOVE to have the united states to lead them.... You're so fucking naive it's not even funny.... This is the major problem with america starting wars all over the fucking world. You always assume you're the good guys, without even thinking twice....

I bet you're not the most educated fella....so shut up for a couple of years and re-think some stuff...

Where did I say the Saudi's would love for the US to lead them? I said they would jump at the chance to choose for themselves. What a crazy concept, a body of people wanting to pick their own government and choose their own leaders. Man, that's far out there. Who would have thought? :o

I need education? I speak four languages and am a grad student. This is something that hits me very close at home so I get very enraged. Please do not give me a history lesson because you really have no clue about the people you are talking about. You don't know what goes on in these countries, you don't know the people. When you look at the events that have transpired it paints a poor picture of the reality of what is going on. And I am sorry to shock you but there is a genetic and cultural problem that is far larger than any scope you can imagine. I can see these "genetics" in my own family. I am being objective and if I have come to the conclusions that I have, believe me it speaks volumes. Have you ever been to a Mosque? Do you speak Arabic and/or Farsi? The reality is so much more frightning than any of you can imagine. And this bothers me greatly. You can clearly see by my posts alone that "we" get enraged quite easy and this is one of the big problems in the Middle East. You are dealing with millions of men far far more angry than me. If you want to discuss this properly you can contact me and I will give you my phone number. There are so many layers envolved here that it is too much for me to keep my composure and actually write something with continuity. I am trying to show some restraint. But I assure you my mind is littered with aggresion. This topic needs to be removed because it has gotten beyond what should be discussed in a GNR forum, and for my own religious comments which most of you will never comprehend. There is so much critical information lacking from any of these posts that this is just a bad way and a poor forum in which to discuss the Middle East. Just typing this pisses me off so much. I will not discuss this matter here anymore. There are too many kids here and I don't want them to think we are all crazy. But if you ask me...???? We are. That is why the Middle East is fucked......... If you would like to respond please send it to me privately.

Do you see a problem here???

http://members.tripod.com/arabicpaper/country.html And this is not including India which has a HUGE Muslim population as well.

Edited by smokingarthur

i wonder what it was..

probaly knockin on heavens door.

"ALLAH WONT ALLOW THIS MUSIC.. LETS GO BLOW UP SOMETHING.. YAY!"

who the hell bans music nowdays

in a world where people die for oil, and murderers can release books on "how i would have killed my wife"

why?.

stupid.

I need education? I speak four languages and am a grad student. This is something that hits me very close at home so I get very enraged. Please do not give me a history lesson because you really have no clue about the people you are talking about. You don't know what goes on in these countries, you don't know the people. When you look at the events that have transpired it paints a poor picture of the reality of what is going on. And I am sorry to shock you but there is a genetic and cultural problem that is far larger than any scope you can imagine. I can see these "genetics" in my own family. I am being objective and if I have come to the conclusions that I have, believe me it speaks volumes. Have you ever been to a Mosque? Do you speak Arabic and/or Farsi? The reality is so much more frightning than any of you can imagine. And this bothers me greatly. You can clearly see by my posts alone that "we" get enraged quite easy and this is one of the big problems in the Middle East. You are dealing with millions of men far far more angry than me. If you want to discuss this properly you can contact me and I will give you my phone number. There are so many layers envolved here that it is too much for me to keep my composure and actually write something with continuity. I am trying to show some restraint. But I assure you my mind is littered with aggresion. This topic needs to be removed because it has gotten beyond what should be discussed in a GNR forum, and for my own religious comments which most of you will never comprehend. There is so much critical information lacking from any of these posts that this is just a bad way and a poor forum in which to discuss the Middle East. Just typing this pisses me off so much. I will not discuss this matter here anymore. There are too many kids here and I don't want them to think we are all crazy. But if you ask me...???? We are. That is why the Middle East is fucked......... If you would like to respond please send it to me privately.

Do you see a problem here???

http://members.tripod.com/arabicpaper/country.html And this is not including India which has a HUGE Muslim population as well.

You really believe that this problem is genetic???