Axl's Lack Of Respect Towards Fans

Nick85

for me, i really think it boils down to what axl wants to do vs his inner fears. he clearly wants to put the record out and have this version of gnr be the biggest band on the planet.....but something is stopping him.

he has complete control over his situation.....there's no way anyone other than him is the reason for the album's delay. things are clearly not "on track" with him or the band.

now, to most, this new band will never "officially" be guns n roses. ever.

but, the first step in changing peoples minds is releasing a record. he can go all over the world with this band, play everything note perfect, and have all the pyro in the world. doesn't make a difference until we have a recorded document of their efforts to compare/contrast with the old material....and this seems to be axl's biggest fear.

until he gets over whatever fear he has of putting out the record, he is just shooting himself in the foot.

Edited by ohyesindeed

axl doesn't owe any of us anything. he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

see, that's bullshit right there. ask axl if he owes the fans anything and he'll say that he does owe the fans. has any musician/band ever said they don't owe the fans anything ever? NO

they dont have to, we know this bacuse we never borrowed anything or loaned him money. He owes us nothing. You dont owe him shit either. You CHOOSE to listen and AXL chooses to play, period.

did he ever ask you to be his fan? :confused:

Oh, please. :rolleyes:

So now if a musician acquires fans who give him a career and buy millions of albums, the musician shouldn't be expected to treat them in a courteous manner?

It's not a matter of what he "asked for." He's a public figure with a huge fanbase, and it's not a matter of what is mandatory; it's a matter of maturity and common decency. If Axl's outlook on his fans is, "Well, I never asked for them to like me, anyway," then he has a lot of growing up to do.

But I think you're wrong. I don't think Axl looks at it that way. I think you're just trying to be coy.

I think the reason Axl doesn't interact as much and show respect to his fans is for other reasons.

In January "madagascar", 'The Blues", "Chinese Democracy" "Rhiad" etc. will be 6 yrs old. That was the lifetime of the original band. Sit back and think about that for a minute, 6 fuckin years of new material that has not even been released !! This guy has become a total joke. He has a little over a month to release this thing or else his career is done.

well, let's see:

signed to a major label? check...

made videos, posters, and other promo for AFD? check...

did loads of interviews n shit to get the word out? check....

released Lies to capitalize on AFD? check...

released two albums in one day and made a shitload of over-produced videos so i would know just who the fuck he was? CHECK....

travelled around the world 8 times promoting said records/videos? CHECK....

so, yes, axl did in effect "ask" me to like gnr.

that doesnt mean he owes me anything. but he still asked.

you come up with a new argument now, k?

In January "madagascar", 'The Blues", "Chinese Democracy" "Rhiad" etc. will be 6 yrs old. That was the lifetime of the original band. Sit back and think about that for a minute, 6 fuckin years of new material that has not even been released !! This guy has become a total joke. He has a little over a month to release this thing or else his career is done.

i think you've touched on something very important here. between the time those songs were written and right now, many bands have put out 3 records....now, one can say that none of those records are as good as chi dem supposedly will be....but still. shit, even kurt cobain has released more unheard material than axl in the last 10 years....and he's fuckin' dead!

now, if january comes without this record, axl will look stupid. but you have to understand that this guy has been the laughing stock of the music business, and of the majority of the rock n roll world since 92-93.

so, how could it end his career? his career has been over for awhile. the record could end his career: if it bombs, he's done. if the record tanks, the only thing he'll be able to do for attention is a reunion.

right now he's probably scrambling to update the songs as much as he can so they'll sell. or he's just sitting in his room stroking his thick, natural hair thinking "i wonder wha my fans want me to do....."

Edited by ohyesindeed

respect?!?! n what have u done to earn that?!?! u buy the album cuz you, yes YOU like the music, u go to the gig because YOU want to see the act. you deserve respect for that? is that how u think u earn respect?!?! face it, he dont know you to respect you. he could appreciate you sure, but i dont think that constitutes comin round to each n every fans house n givin head with free samples of lube, it aint gonna happen. respect, pssshh, thats like me expectin Mike Tyson respect cuz i bought pay per view.

***It's obvious, but this is an opinion not fact***

My opinion i swe won't see the album this year.

I think the reason that we haven't been told is rather simple, they're in the middle of a tour.

Let's face it, without any new albums in the last ten years or so, GnR is touring based on the older catalogue and some of the tracks off the new album that we've already heard.

They are also benfitting from a pretty devout following. Not sure how many bands would have this kind of devotion after so many changes, so long without music.

So how do you generate enthusiasm for a tour under these circumstances?

"Leak" a few new tracks on the net that people haven't heard before.

Reignite the enthusiasm for the new album.

Promise the release of the new album.

Then head out on tour.

Now if the album weren't going to come out this year, why would you say so during the tour, when the possibly exists of having some backlash, negative publicity? Why risk having people not come out to the shows?

This is a business, and they are being very smart about it. Also remember, the labels make most of the money off of CD sales, while the artists make the most money from the tour.

So if you were Axl, and we know how Axl is a perfectionist, and in his own way known to be stubborn, would you find this that out of character?

Axl won't release the album until he's good and ready. Not may artists have that kind of pull over a label.

Axl does, and more power to him.

Personally, I can tell you I am eagerly awaiting the CD, but if it doesn't come out in '06, then I'll buy it in '07 or '08 or whenever the hell he releases it.

And I'll be lined up to buy tickets to the shows when they come through this part of the world.

I went to see the boys last Friday here in Ottawa, and got to meet Bumblefoot after the show, and I'll tell you, this band and this album is worth the wait.

Just my .02

I agree with you man. The fans who defend this would defend Axl at all costs. It's hard to take their point of view seriously.

The hardcore fanbase is clearly getting agitated. If the forums don't prove that to you then you are quite delusional. Stop denying it, you are fighting a wave that you can't stop. A simple "if the album is delayed beyond what we had indicated to you earlier this year, we will let you know" statement is all that it would take to make fans feel at ease. It doesn't spill the beans on a release date - really it gives us no more info than we already have heard. It would just go a long way to reassuring the fans that things are still on track and also make them feel like the band actually gives a damn. And btw, there is nothing wrong with fans clamoring for this album. It only speaks to how much Axl's music means to people and to how long we've all waited.

As for message boards giving a distored view on reality. Yeah, somewhat, but not as much as you think. We want the album, but so does the media and fans out there who are music fans but not into this band enough to go and see a show. Why? Because to these people Axl will only be relevant again with new material. The only fans who don't care about new songs are the 90% of fans in the arena each night that want to re-live fifteen years ago for two hours, and then stop thinking of GN'R and just go back to their everyday lives. And frankly I don't give a crap about these fans. I don't want to see an AFD tour every year - that's not progress for the band. It's not even what Axl wants to do, at least not what I thought he wanted to do. I have seen two Guns shows live this year and the best performances comprise the new material. 90% of the fans at each show can't even appreciate that - well, it's their loss.

I still have hope for this year but it fades a little each day.

very well put, my sentiments exactly towards this topic. yeah whatever happened to axl "wanting to bury apopetite?" guess plans change

No, this is all part of the master plan. See, like with 2002 they are touring and trying to make us all so sick of AFD that by the time he releases CD anything will sound good to us. As much as any GNR fan loves AFD, consider us all in a rubber room right now with AFD blasting at us 24x7 as the guards(Axl, Merck, Del, etc) watch through the one-way windows. Once our ears starts to bleed--BAM--they release CD!!

All in due time my friend... ;)

As much as it pains me to admit, i gotta agree.

Touche.

Never really thought about it that way- Wow. :mellow:

That's a stupid argument, IMO.

I agree with Bromle.

Axl has done whatever he wants since the 80s....... Time to get used to taht and just accept it ;)

Axl do care about us, if he dident he wouldent care about realising a album after all this years