Axl's Lack Of Respect Towards Fans

Nick85

You know, I could understand Axl's ongoing silence had he not publicly announced to fans on two separate occasions that the album would be out in 2006. The fact that he has not offered any news on the status of the album is simply disrespectful to us, his loyal fanbase, whether you accept it or not.

Now say what you will about how "The album will come out when it's ready.", no grateful artist should leave his loyal and loving fans dangling on a string as if they dont even matter. Axl consistantly does this. No one can deny that.

Dont get me wrong, im grateful that he's out there touring, and hopefully this time he can go the distance. On the 27th im gonna be ridiculously excited to see him perform live in Chicago again. However, we all know deep down that the REAL payoff can only be the release of Chinese Democracy.

P.S. This thread was deleted in less than a minute when I posted it at HTGTH. Makes you wonder. <_<

ever stop to think it might have something to do with the lack of respect some of his alleged 'fans' show on these boards?

just relax. when the album is ready to come out, we will be told.

So you are suggesting that this is Axl's revenge on his loyal fans. :rofl-lol:

did he ever ask you to be his fan? :confused:

Did any of your friends ASK to be your friend, does everyone have to ASK to be a part of your life. No. That doesnt mean they have a justified reason to treat you like shit and act as though you dont exist. Save it dude.

What do you mean it will come out when its done??? Is he retarted or something??? Does it really take that manny years to finnish an album??? Why is he saying it will come out this year? (Get real it wont come out). Why is he promoting a tour on a basis of faulse promises???? Or is it just that it aint any good without slash izzy and the rest of the old band making the music? Im not judging but for some reason he´s not releasing it......If you guys know better please tell me

You know, I could understand Axl's ongoing silence had he not publicly announced to fans on two separate occasions that the album would be out in 2006. The fact that he has not offered any news on the status of the album is simply disrespectful to us, his loyal fanbase, whether you accept it or not.

Now say what you will about how "The album will come out when it's ready.", no grateful artist should leave his loyal and loving fans dangling on a string as if they dont even matter. Axl consistantly does this. No one can deny that.

Dont get me wrong, im grateful that he's out there touring, and hopefully this time he can go the distance. On the 27th im gonna be ridiculously excited to see him perform live in Chicago again. However, we all know deep down that the REAL payoff can only be the release of Chinese Democracy.

P.S. This thread was deleted in less than a minute when I posted it at HTGTH. Makes you wonder. <_<

Moron, he did give us news about the album, twice this year. Remember? You even said it yourself. They even said it would be out on a Tuesday:)

Where have you been :rolleyes:

Moron, he did give us news about the album, twice this year. Remember? You even said it yourself. They even said it would be out on a Tuesday:)

Where have you been :rolleyes:

Matt, i usually agree with your posts and have defended your comments on several occasions. For this reason, I REALLY REALLY hope that was sarcasm. ;)

Did any of your friends ASK to be your friend, does everyone have to ASK to be a part of your life. No. That doesnt mean they have a justified reason to treat you like shit and act as though you dont exist. Save it dude.

He does give the fans alot.

Isn't he on tour now. Giving the fans around the states what they want? (I'm not talking about what you want. You want new songs, all fans doesn't think like that. Messageboards gives a very dissorted veiw on reality.) He is givng 100% every night he is on the stage. Isn't he still the greatest frontman alive????

We always have to complain about what you don't have. And since you brought my frinds into this. So can I. Are you focusing on what your friends are giving your. Or are you focusing on what they lack. ;)

He does give the fans alot.

Isn't he on tour now. Giving the fans around the states what they want? (I'm not talking about what you want. You want new songs, all fans doesn't think like that. Messageboards gives a very dissorted veiw on reality.) He is givng 100% every night he is on the stage. Isn't he still the greatest frontman alive????

We always have to complain about what you don't have. And since you brought my frinds into this. So can I. Are you focusing on what your friends are giving your. Or are you focusing on what they lack. ;)

Like i said in my original post, Im grateful he's on tour and really look forward to seeing him.

Honestly dude, he could delay the album til' next summer and I'd be alright with it. As long as he'd actually TALK to the fans and let us know that thats the case and explain why. My post was to convey a growing number of loyal fans who, in light of recent events (or lack there of), are simply tired of constantly being kept in the dark when it comes to a band they truly love, as I truly love GNR.

psh. i hold nothing against him whatsoever. to defend my point, i reference the albums, "appetite for destruction," "LIES," "Use Your Illusion I," "Use Your Illusion II," "The Spaghetti Incident?" and "Live Era."

There has been no new original material (excluding leaks) since 1991. I was 6 then. It's been a LONG time, friend. For many older fans it's been much longer.

I agree with you man. The fans who defend this would defend Axl at all costs. It's hard to take their point of view seriously.

The hardcore fanbase is clearly getting agitated. If the forums don't prove that to you then you are quite delusional. Stop denying it, you are fighting a wave that you can't stop. A simple "if the album is delayed beyond what we had indicated to you earlier this year, we will let you know" statement is all that it would take to make fans feel at ease. It doesn't spill the beans on a release date - really it gives us no more info than we already have heard. It would just go a long way to reassuring the fans that things are still on track and also make them feel like the band actually gives a damn. And btw, there is nothing wrong with fans clamoring for this album. It only speaks to how much Axl's music means to people and to how long we've all waited.

As for message boards giving a distored view on reality. Yeah, somewhat, but not as much as you think. We want the album, but so does the media and fans out there who are music fans but not into this band enough to go and see a show. Why? Because to these people Axl will only be relevant again with new material. The only fans who don't care about new songs are the 90% of fans in the arena each night that want to re-live fifteen years ago for two hours, and then stop thinking of GN'R and just go back to their everyday lives. And frankly I don't give a crap about these fans. I don't want to see an AFD tour every year - that's not progress for the band. It's not even what Axl wants to do, at least not what I thought he wanted to do. I have seen two Guns shows live this year and the best performances comprise the new material. 90% of the fans at each show can't even appreciate that - well, it's their loss.

I still have hope for this year but it fades a little each day.

Edited by KBear

ever stop to think it might have something to do with the lack of respect some of his alleged 'fans' show on these boards?

just relax. when the album is ready to come out, we will be told.

So you actually believe that a person over 35 knows how to operate a computer?

I agree with you man. The fans who defend this would defend Axl at all costs. It's hard to take their point of view seriously.

The hardcore fanbase is clearly getting agitated. If the forums don't prove that to you then you are quite delusional. Stop denying it, you are fighting a wave that you can't stop. A simple "if the album is delayed beyond what we had indicated to you earlier this year, we will let you know" statement is all that it would take to make fans feel at ease. It doesn't spill the beans on a release date - really it gives us no more info than we already have heard. It would just go a long way to reassuring the fans that things are still on track and also make them feel like the band actually gives a damn. And btw, there is nothing wrong with fans clamoring for this album. It only speaks to how much Axl's music means to people and to how long we've all waited.

As for message boards giving a distored view on reality. Yeah, somewhat, but not as much as you think. We want the album, but so does the media and fans out there who are music fans but not into this band enough to go and see a show. Why? Because to these people Axl will only be relevant again with new material. The only fans who don't care about new songs are the 90% of fans in the arena each night that want to re-live fifteen years ago for two hours, and then stop thinking of GN'R and just go back to their everyday lives. And frankly I don't give a crap about these fans. I don't want to see an AFD tour every year - that's not progress for the band. It's not even what Axl wants to do, at least not what I thought he wanted to do. I have seen two Guns shows live this year and the best performances comprise the new material. 90% of the fans at each show can't even appreciate that - well, it's their loss.

very well put, my sentiments exactly towards this topic. yeah whatever happened to axl "wanting to bury apopetite?" guess plans change

At least it isn't all over. Which could easily happen as soon as he releases it. 3 or 4 years later Axl won't be around. Everything might be backwards he may tour for 5 years while recording the album then release it when he's done and sit back and watch it sell.

The thing about the internet being a false reality is sort of true. Someone I know whos favorite bands are Pearl Jam and GNR. He's pretty into both. And he gets excited about a new album but he on the other hand couldnt care less. Pearl Jam keep releasing albums and he loves them. He still listens to AFD but thinks UYI not so good. Axl lost it as he puts. He isn't hoping against all hope that they have a new album. But he goes to shows. Like he went to Leeds. And was like yeah but was confused I think.

At least it isn't all over. Which could easily happen as soon as he releases it. 3 or 4 years later Axl won't be around. Everything might be backwards he may tour for 5 years while recording the album then release it when he's done and sit back and watch it sell.

The thing about the internet being a false reality is sort of true. Someone I know whos favorite bands are Pearl Jam and GNR. He's pretty into both. And he gets excited about a new album but he on the other hand couldnt care less. Pearl Jam keep releasing albums and he loves them. He still listens to AFD but thinks UYI not so good. Axl lost it as he puts. He isn't hoping against all hope that they have a new album. But he goes to shows. Like he went to Leeds. And was like yeah but was confused I think.

I am a big PJ fan but even I can clearly admit that PJ never made an album as good as any of the Illusions period. And I have seen them several times. Each time I lose more and more respect for the band. Someone should ship Eddie's ass over to Iraq. I think it would change his outlook on life...

axl's problem isn't a lack of respect for his fans, it's a lack of respect for himself (or too much self respect, depending on your angle).

axl doesn't owe any of us anything. he can do whatever the fuck he wants.....to think that he or any of your other fave rock idols stand around thinking "what do my fans want? am i respecting them?" is completely inane. i'm sure people like barbara streisand or britney spears might sit around going "have i been a good role model/celebrity/entertainer for my fans today?"....but any artist worth their weight in shit doesn't do that....

axl has been full of wishy-washy ups n downs/broken promises for over a decade. so far, this is the most he's accomplished with his new band, and i guess we should be "proud" of him for that...maybe in the same way you would be "proud" of your 7-year-old after they've finally stopped shitting themselves.....either way, he does what he wants.

Kbear for Mod.