DO WE LISTEN TO GNR FOR WHAT THEY ARE NOW? OR WHAT THEY WERE 15 YEARS AGO

jaypayton

I mean i was thinking about how much i love GNR and Axl and then i realized i love the 1985-1994 GNR...Not the new GNR which is basically a GNR cover band..........I mean has Axl become Metallica?...Having fans follow him around based on what he did 20 years ago and not what he is doing now.......Its a scary thought.

I listen to Axl because of what I believe he can and will do. Its not over there has just been along hiatus between new material. I love the new songs and believe CD will kick ass. It may not sound exactly the same as it did 15- 20 years ago, but its just as good, imo.

And I don't think tha GNR is a cover band.

I think it's because of what they did 15 years ago, i mean, "nugnr" has some pretty sweet, low qualitly demo's and a promise of a cd thats been broken many times over, but old gnr has actually accomplished something. I think it's gonna take a lot to hook fans based on new material. I hope new gnr finds success, I think they sound fine without slash too, i just think they need to actually do something, like play new material, get in touch with their fans, or release the cd. bumblefoots the only one who seems to care about public opinion

Yeah I just realised that now UYI makes sense to me. Like AFd made sense to me when I was young. When Illusions came out I was a bit confused. Like Estranged was so not me. I like Live and Let Die cos it had die in the title. Now I see it as a way of life. Same with Heavens Door. We are Knocking on heavens door everyday. Beating a Dead Horse? Hell yeah!!! Twice a day.

With Chinese D I expect I will not get it. Leaks are probably the Illusion bridge to Chinese D. When you get over to CD Island it will be a strange place. But by the time I'm 50 it be like so obvious.

Yeah I just realised that now UYI makes sense to me. Like AFd made sense to me when I was young. When Illusions came out I was a bit confused. Like Estranged was so not me. I like Live and Let Die cos it had die in the title. Now I see it as a way of life. Same with Heavens Door. We are Knocking on heavens door everyday. Beating a Dead Horse? Hell yeah!!! Twice a day.

With Chinese D I expect I will not get it. Leaks are probably the Illusion bridge to Chinese D. When you get over to CD Island it will be a strange place. But by the time I'm 50 it be like so obvious.

Dude i GOTTA get some of that weed from ya

A8R

Dude i GOTTA get some of that weed from ya

A8R

I definetly think Axl's lyrics are very well written in that they can apply at times to different things. Songs like Estranged or Coma have different conotations to me now then they did to me in Highschool. They have always been my favorites but now I'm actually in my mid-20's where Axl was when he wrote them so I can relate more to it.

Yeah - and I didn't smoke weed until after college when my bands started touring.

I swear I missed half of Leeds 2002. I had a smoke during Weezer and then all through Prodigy then GNR came on then I was paralyzed during You Could Be Mine and woke up during Nightrain. Axl said he be back he never did.

http://www.drugs.com/vicodin.html

Chinese D will never be as good as The Wall.

Edited by wasted

This is what GNR will mean to me.

Nightnurse by Wasted

Hunched on my zimmer frame

Leanin' on my walking cane

Feelin' the arthritic pain

One more time tonight

(close the gate on your way out)

Well I'm a warm coat wearin'

One grand mother

Got a copy on the morning post

Under my arm

Said I need a dialysis machine

Been drinkin' listerine

An doctor you can make my wheel chair run

I got one mint left

In a nine pack deal

I got a dog shit on my carpet smell

I got a low alcohol mocktail with a boiled sweet to go

I chew my gums with style

An I can tell you doctor

You can pump my water bottle tonight

Wake up early doctor put on my clothes

Take your prescription pad to the pharmacy

That's none for you and twenty two for me by tonight

I'll be

Dancin' on my zimmer frame

Leaning' on my walking stick

Feelin' like I might be sane

One more breath mint tonight

I'm on the nightnurse

plastic distributer up

I'm on the nightnurse

Feel me up

I'm on the nightnurse

Ready to pass in the night or wet the bed

I never learnt anything after my stroke

I'm on the nightnurse

I love that nurse

I'm on the nightnurse

and I love nurse muff

I'm on the nighnurse

Oh the rectal burn - no

Staggering on my zimmer frame

Dancin' round my walking cane

Feelin' a nurses ass

One more painkiller tonight

I'm on the nightnurse

An I'm lookin' for my glasses

I'm on the nightnurse

So's I can leave this ward

I'm on the nightnurse

And I'm ready to pass an' wee

Nightnurse

Beaker up

I'm on the nightnurse

Fill my artificial leg

I'm on the nighnurse

Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa yeah

I'm on the nightnurse

Love nurses muff

I'm on the nightnurse

An I can never get up again

Ridin' the nightnurse

I guess I

I guess, I guess, I guess I never walk again

On the nightnurse

Polish my Gnome

Ooh I'm on the nightnurse

Ridin' the nightnurse

Oh the rectal burn

Nightnurse

Edited by wasted

Wasted- that was great !!!

I went to the first show this year cause I love the old GNR. I went to the second show this year cause I love the new GNR !!

They are playing all of the old songs to try and reach out to all of the old fans. Why play a bunch of new songs to a bunch of people who have never heard them. Yea, that would make alot of sense. What percent of the GNR fanbase do these forums represent.....1% ???

Using the GNR name is not what alot of people would have done, but from a business standpoint is genuis. All of the old fans get to hear their favorite songs and and see that AXL is at 110% of what he was ever at. We also get to see that the new songs are fuckn awesome and once CD is released we will get to hear more of them live on the second leg of the tour.

I mean i was thinking about how much i love GNR and Axl and then i realized i love the 1985-1994 GNR...Not the new GNR which is basically a GNR cover band..........I mean has Axl become Metallica?...Having fans follow him around based on what he did 20 years ago and not what he is doing now.......Its a scary thought.

I follow them for who and what they are now, The legacy of the old band got me interested, the passion and outstanding live show of then new band got me hooked. If i thought the New band were drastically inferior to the old I wouldn't be here.