STONES IN A DIFFERENT LEAGUE THAN GNR

Lets face it...when it come to a band staying together through rough times etc...no one compares to the stones...axl should study what they have done as a band....

the concert was the last one that they will do as a band and it was amazing....

axl needs to release his album, play a bit with his loser bandmates, then fire them all and reunite with the old gunners....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets face it...when it come to a band staying together through rough times etc...no one compares to the stones...axl should study what they have done as a band....

axl needs to release his album, play a bit with his loser bandmates, then fire them all and reunite with the old gunners....

I saw the stones in SJ a few years ago and they all with the exception of Mick, moved Like Mick, Mick Mars that is. They are great, body of work, influential, but jesus dude, they are damn old and they are tired as hell. :sleeper:

And if there is one song that is more tired than WTTJ it is Satisfaction. You could throw a blanket over them, they are both in the same league, just choose your own style. rock3

Geez, you had to change nicks and rejoined just to so you'll have to courage to bash GnR?

Have you seen or heard VR? Replace Weiland with Axl ... there, now imagine the greatness they would achieve ...

Geez, you had to change nicks and rejoined just to so you'll have to courage to bash GnR?

Have you seen or heard VR? Replace Weiland with Axl ... there, now imagine the greatness they would achieve ...

wow, good point, Axl iwth Slash and Duff? Hmmm....I think it couls work rock1

ya ive heard of vr...they have matt sorum (who aint no gnr drummer) nor izzy.........

and no i didn't change my name............

checking site for years..........

just felt like posting that stones right now (even thoug their dinosaurs)....are better than gnr..... which says a lot of how shitty axl has milked 4 yrs of old material....

ummm that wasnt the last stones show.

it may have been the last one until they play again.

but it wasnt the final.....

I saw the Rolling Stones Tatoo You tour which they swore would be there last, and that was like 1984. The Stones have been jerking around fans with that BS for twenty years, and god bless em, but dude, they play like old people fuck.

GNR has raw enrgy, and AXL does not look like a catchers mitt after a season of Nolan Ryan Fastballs!

The Stones, if I am not mistaken, haven't particularly been the kings of consistent line-ups. They only have about as many original guys lefts as GNR do. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that Mick and Keith are the only members of the real original lineup left (Brian Jones, Dick Taylor, Ian Stewart gone, and the original Rolling Stones didn't have a permanent drummer). Talk about a revolving door, the Stones have had their share: 4+ drummers, 3 bassists, at least 3 keyboardists, 4 guitarists.....sounds like a GNR-style lineup to me!

EDIT: Also, I've seen the Stones. They were fantastic, but nowhere near the best show I've ever seen and I've only been going to shows since about 2002.

Edited by axlslash

:confused: Do you actually read what you write before you post?

The Stones are absolutely awesome.

Fuck off you dumb piece of shit.

nah im joking :rofl-lol: .

get fucking lost.

The Stones, if I am not mistaken, haven't particularly been the kings of consistent line-ups. They only have about as many original guys lefts as GNR do. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that Mick and Keith are the only members of the real original lineup left (Brian Jones, Dick Taylor, Ian Stewart gone, and the original Rolling Stones didn't have a permanent drummer). Talk about a revolving door, the Stones have had their share: 4+ drummers, 3 bassists, at least 3 keyboardists, 4 guitarists.....sounds like a GNR-style lineup to me!

EDIT: Also, I've seen the Stones. They were fantastic, but nowhere near the best show I've ever seen and I've only been going to shows since about 2002.

How dare you interject facts into this forum, you are right, but that guy was just spouting off. Nice post dude, but you will find logic is largely ignored on this post in favor of misplaced tirades and icorrect observations from teenages from their parents comp :P

You obviously haven't been around for that long. Every tour the Stones do is supposed to be their last. Oh, and I agree, The Rolling Stones are better than Guns N' Roses. But it's the Stones, what band can compete with that? They're the greatest garage rock band of all time. The amount of hit albums they have is ridiculous.

I think both are great live. But Gn'r owns the holy hell, of the Stones live. You can compare them from any era. They staying together is bull shit excuse.

i love gnr, but its the stones your talking about. they are rock and roll.. a bunch of 60+year olds rockin

thats a true rocker.

you are mistaken.

the original stones:

mick, keef, cholly, brian jones, bill wyman, augmented by ian stewart. ian was never in photo shoots, but this was only the case because aandrew oldham thought 6 was just too many dudes for girls to focus on. dick taylor was vaguely involved at the beginning, but never really recorded or wrote with them....kinda like traci guns but even less. mick avory was the band's "original" drummer for like a month before they finally convinced charlie to join.

so the stones have 3 original members left, and they just happen to be the three most important: the 2 writers and the drummer that gives them their signature groove.

you can't even compare that to the new gnr. axl is the only original member, and the only "classic" gnr tunes axl is the sole proprietor of are "one in a million" and "november rain".

however, like gnr, the stones formed out of about 3 bands. they had all been kind of hovering around each other with mick, keef, and jonesy at the core until they stumbled upon the final, original lineup.

regardless of what happened prior to appetite, the lineup on that record is the original gnr. they never recorded under the guns n roses name until it was those 5 dudes, so that's the original band.

How dare you interject facts into this forum, you are right, but that guy was just spouting off. Nice post dude, but you will find logic is largely ignored on this post in favor of misplaced tirades and icorrect observations from teenages from their parents comp :P

You mean a teenager like yourself that can't spell or haven't been able to figure out mommy's spell checker?

The Rolling Stones came into being in 1962 when former schoolmates Mick Jagger and Keith Richards met Brian Jones, who was playing with Alexis Korner's band Blues Incorporated. Brian named their new group after the title of the Muddy Waters song "Rollin' Stone".[3] The original line-up included Mick Jagger (vocals, harmonica), Brian Jones, (guitar, harmonica, vocals), Keith Richards (guitarist, vocals), Ian Stewart (piano), Dick Taylor (bass) and various drummers such as Mick Avory (later of The Kinks), Tony Chapman and Carlo Little. Guitarist Geoff Bradford participated in some rehearsals in June 1962 but left before the band's first official gig. Taylor left shortly after to return to art school, and was later to form Pretty Things. He was replaced by Bill Wyman. Charlie Watts joined the Stones in January 1963 as their new permanent drummer.

From Wikipedia. According to them at least, Charlie joined in 1963, and Wyman joined in late 1962 - about a half a year after the band formed. I'm not saying that that makes Wyman and Watts replacements persay, I'm just saying that perhaps having new people doesn't automatically make the band worse (although in the case of Ron Wood, it does...)