Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Snow (Hey Oh)

feconroses

Stadium Arcadium made me lose interest in the Chili Peppers. I used to love them...then I bought this album, and now I hardly listen to them. They should have kept doing albums in the 'By the Way' sot of vein. Instead of trying to be 'funky', it sounds forced.

Stadium Arcadium made me lose interest in the Chili Peppers. I used to love them...then I bought this album, and now I hardly listen to them. They should have kept doing albums in the 'By the Way' sot of vein. Instead of trying to be 'funky', it sounds forced.

There's only about 3 songs on S.A. that are "funky". I thought BTW was kind of weak.

Dude, RHCP are a funk-metal band, it's their fuckin' signature.. "By the Way" isn't an RHCP record. "BSSM" is, "Uplift Mofo Party Plan", "Mother's Milk"... It's the signature shit! "Californication" was their best record to break from their signature genre.

"Stadium Arcadium" is consistent beyond belief. It's so consistent that nothing stands out, and nothing seems special, just good. That's its problem.

Dude, RHCP are a funk-metal band, it's their fuckin' signature.. "By the Way" isn't an RHCP record. "BSSM" is, "Uplift Mofo Party Plan", "Mother's Milk"... It's the signature shit! "Californication" was their best record to break from their signature genre.

"Stadium Arcadium" is consistent beyond belief. It's so consistent that nothing stands out, and nothing seems special, just good. That's its problem.

Hey I'm a big Chili Pepper fan and I love the earlier records a lot more than the newer ones. Blood Sugar is easily their best record (for me), because it was their sound, but then they changed how they sounded to become the guys who did Californication and By the Way. It still sounded like Chili Peppers though, somehow. But then Stadium Arcadium came out, and I bought it the first day it came out, on the basis that Dani California was such a great song (which it is, I still like it), but the album sounded forced to me. Like they had to crumble to the pressure of everyone wanting them to do a more 'back to their old sound' kinda 'funky' record, and to me it just sounds forced. The only thing I really like about it now is Frusciante's solo's. Plus Stadium Arcadium just all blends together.

But maybe thats just me...