You have NO EFFECT

Gunzen

To me GNR always straddled the worlds of pop and rock. To me Axl is the most commercial element from the original band - his liking for Elton John and ballads paid dividends for the band but wasnt really what Slash and rest were into. The position GNR now occupy in the world of music is like that of a Stones or a touring Alice Cooper band. And this is basically the split or the problem with two sdes to the arguement. In many ways GNR left behind their roots in rock n roll to become a more popular touring rock band. I would say the early band had fans of rock n roll and of bands like Aerosmith, Ac/DC - they were bands with members who everyone loved. Now the GNR that exists is more a mainstream band and what is important is playing Sweet Child O Mine and is seen by a broader audience who don't care about it being "a band" - they want the star and the hits. The perception of songs like Paradise City and Jungle have changed. Once they were mosh pit anthems now they do commercials. Crowds almost overlook the lyrics of the song if there is a singalong chorus round the corner. None of this is bad it's just the way the band developed towards a more mature longevity and popular career.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the last time, I promise...Axl is bigger than a fucking forum and this forum and all other combined will not stop him, and you should all just enjoy it cause it is fleeting.

The magority of his supporters post on these forums and they still have posters who disagree with Axl and the direction of the band, thats not good. You have it the other way around bro.

dude, whatever, jesus, I see great 2 1/2 hour sold out or moderately well selling shows with no promotion, Axl is fine, and a negative forum wont stop him, he will. duely noted, I dont give a shit anymore, just let everyone bitch, who cares, no worries. I got concerts to see, and I will watch for the bullets.

You can aim for me, I will be the the average /build, average looking white guy having a great time, fire at will.

:laugh: . you don't give an inch do you gunzen! :xmasssanta: , as sweet said, not many people here wanna see this band or axl fail!, i know i don't, if i wanted to see them fail.... i'd keep quite and watch them slide!, but why do you think some people bitch? because they think theres a better way! yeah a different opinion!, maybe it pisses people off when they see the same mistake over and over again, well in there opinion anyway!.

For the last time, I promise...Axl is bigger than a fucking forum and this forum and all other combined will not stop him, and you should all just enjoy it cause it is fleeting.

The magority of his supporters post on these forums and they still have posters who disagree with Axl and the direction of the band, thats not good. You have it the other way around bro.

dude, whatever, jesus, I see great 2 1/2 hour sold out or moderately well selling shows with no promotion, Axl is fine, and a negative forum wont stop him, he will. duely noted, I dont give a shit anymore, just let everyone bitch, who cares, no worries. I got concerts to see, and I will watch for the bullets.

You can aim for me, I will be the the average /build, average looking white guy having a great time, fire at will.

:laugh: . you don't give an inch do you gunzen! :xmasssanta: , as sweet said, not many people here wanna see this band or axl fail!, i know i don't, if i wanted to see them fail.... i'd keep quite and watch them slide!, but why do you think some people bitch? because they think theres a better way! yeah a different opinion!, maybe it pisses people off when they see the same mistake over and over again, well in there opinion anyway!.

I actually think most of the people who bitch just use this forumas, well, a forum to bitch. The two most smart ass cynics are Old Skool and Dead Wood or feather or whatever and neither one have them have seen a show.

I will give an inch....I too am disapointed that Axl hasnt released the album, but it is just that, a little dissapointment, but as far as Axl and the band go, I am loving it and loving the shows, I cannot help that. If anyone wants me to text the setlists, send me a PM, I will be there for Fresno and Oak. rock3

I cant fix the CD problem, so I dont worry about it. What I can do is see great shows and bs with you strangers. So I am good. ;)

Ive seen four GnR shows this year, im a supporter of Axl and the new band.

The shows were awsome but im not happy with GnR land at the moment :(

It feels like im watching a legacy and a potential new legacy being flushed down the pan :angry:

got it, and you made my point, you are unhappy with the current state of the band (and that is your right) and yet you have still gone to four shows. "NO EFFECT"

see, it doenst matter, he is great, we will go. And not because we worhip Axl (at least I dont) but because he is a great value for our time, effort and money. Thanks for proving my point Hopefully you can get to a few more while not being happy with the band. Cause you will go, cause he is just worth it.

P.S. I am frustrated with no album too, but not frustrated enough to penalize myself and miss out on great shows rock1