QUEEN

Opax

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try their A Night At The Opera album! It was very well done with a great vairety songs on it. It also shows just how talented they were. But, don't force yourself to like them. You don't have to like every band...

Yeh I tryed doing that with velvet revolver <_< There album makes a good coaster though :)

Do not worry, little one. I've never really taken most of Queen's music seriously either, so perhaps you should just stop looking for and analysing what "should" make them so distinguished and just let go, experiencing the songs as plain and simple great fun. "Bohemian Rhapsody," "I Want to Break Free" and so on are amazingly catchy and cheesy tunes simply designed for drunk singalongs... in fact, my throat is going to be extremely sore tomorrow because that's precisely what I ended up doing until 5 AM today.

Do not worry, little one. I've never really taken most of Queen's music seriously either, so perhaps you should just stop looking for and analysing what "should" make them so distinguished and just let go, experiencing the songs as plain and simple great fun. "Bohemian Rhapsody," "I Want to Break Free" and so on are amazingly catchy and cheesy tunes simply designed for drunk singalongs... in fact, my throat is going to be extremely sore tomorrow because that's precisely what I ended up doing until 5 AM today.

I never heard a drunk person sing queen before....

Where have you been living all these years, under a rock? :tongue2: Everyone at a given table starts singing Bohemian Rhapsody at some point, after a satisfactory volume of alcohol has been consumed - it's a law of nature. Usually followed by singing other cheesy anthemic songs.

Where have you been living all these years, under a rock? :tongue2: Everyone at a given table starts singing Bohemian Rhapsody at some point, after a satisfactory volume of alcohol has been consumed - it's a law of nature. Usually followed by singing other cheesy anthemic songs.

Not in Canada....

I can't even picture someone drunk singing "I Want To Break Free" :laugh:

Maybe a housewife with a vacuum...

But there's no way Queen songs are designed as drunk singalongs...

Queen was one of the first to do concept albums.

"A Night At The Opera" is awesome. Every song on that album rocks, and the different changes in sound, tempo, pitch and rhythm from one song to the next are truly amazing. Yet, the songs flow from one to the next.

After that, I'd suggest the albums "Sheer Heart Attack" and "A Day At The Races."

If you just want to listen to individual songs -- then I'd recommend "Killer Queen," "Bohemian Rhapsody," "Somebody to Love," "We Are The Champions," "You're My Best Friend," "Love of my Life," "39," "Death on Two Legs," and "Now I'm Here."

As much as I like Queen, they are one of those bands you either "get" or you don't. Not everyone's gonna dig them with the same broad based appeal as, say, the Stones. So it doesn't surprise me to hear you're not a huge fan.

But look beyond the huge hits and they have some great stuff...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Queen, how can people NOT like this band?

Songs to reccomend: BOhemian Rapsody, I want to break free, and ofcourse We Are The Champions!

I allways lissend to that on before a footbal match

so, um what Queen song do you put on AFTER you win the match?

I lissen to it after too.

But it really gets me pumped too rock3