Has rock lost its essence??

feconroses

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock was built on a backlash to conservatism in England, and an opposition to the Vietnam War in America, during the 60's. It was the voice for that generation, and it can never be relived like it was back then because music was so unexplored and everything was ground breaking back then. Evetything has been done now days, any protest song sounds cliched. Rock lost its power in the 70's and became commercial and bloated.

Sure you can have Rock music now days, but rock as a culture is dead.

Just how i see it.

Edited by johnezz

Rock is being yourself, if you believe thats gone, go listen to the Strokes

Don't get me wrong, i love all new music, and i buy alot of it. The Strokes are brilliant i think.

But you just can't say "rock is being yourself" thats just silly.

Rock was a culture more so than the music, and that is long gone.

• 1 month later...
rock is fucking dead! I hope someone would bring it back. We used to have sex, drugs n RNR but now we ve got aids, crack and rap.

Right o, makes me want to vomit.

We need a rock revolution right about now. And I think its' gonna have to be pretty damn big to cover up the shit music scene we've got now.

We need more bands like Tool, and Buckcherry, and VR.

But I don't really care as long as I can listen to rock..its okay if it's underground, its still there.

Stop crying for rock & roll that shit is stuff like from the 50s and shit. Start listen to real Metal!!!

But if you can't handel real Metal like System Of A Down, Children Of Bodom, In Flames etc... you can go and listen to Tenacious D thay rock too and plays acoustic guitars and shit and thay are really cool!

it make me giggle to myself when i read about people who think rock music is dead, and look for a 80's or 70's or even 60's mentality to music in modern day stuff. i dont understand why. we live in 2007. i dont personally want to hear a replica band trying to re-create a sound and attitude that was present in the 80's. We're not rebelious people in the same way now. We aren't fighting the same things, and society has changed as has the music.

im personally happy to try and find music that suits things now. maybe im just rambling. its fun to.

Edited by Paranoid Android

it make me giggle to myself when i read about people who think rock music is dead, and look for a 80's or 70's or even 60's mentality to music in modern day stuff. i dont understand why. we live in 2007. i dont personally want to hear a replica band trying to re-create a sound and attitude that was present in the 80's. We're not rebelious people in the same way now. We aren't fighting the same things, and society has changed as has the music.

im personally happy to try and find music that suits things now. maybe im just rambling. its fun to.

I agree

i think the people who bemoan rock n rolls death are people who think that all thats around is the re-creation of old stuff. personally im all for just totally entirely wiping the slate utterly clean. im talkin the complete death of any and every previous format of music and just get down and dirty and WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out there with experimentation, i wanna hear noise like never before, i want music to be messy and disorganised but honest and passionate. just the total wiping out of any previous standard and get down like PiL...make music thats like...unlike anything before. but, im talkin like, in an ideal world here, i know its not possible.

i think the people who bemoan rock n rolls death are people who think that all thats around is the re-creation of old stuff. personally im all for just totally entirely wiping the slate utterly clean. im talkin the complete death of any and every previous format of music and just get down and dirty and WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out there with experimentation, i wanna hear noise like never before, i want music to be messy and disorganised but honest and passionate. just the total wiping out of any previous standard and get down like PiL...make music thats like...unlike anything before. but, im talkin like, in an ideal world here, i know its not possible.

Sooooooo...you are talking about crap :huh:

Sooooooo...you are talking about crap :huh:

yeah kinda :lol: listen to an album called Second Edition and Flowers Of Romance by Public Image Limited...you might get my point. but yeah, i do think rock n roll is dead.