Isn't being a Rock Star easy? Imagine if Axl had a real job

Kaneda

Let's discuss why Axl always whines and cries about how it's so hard to do this, how it's a never ending nightmare for the last decade making this album...I mean seriously, does this guy even know how blessed he is to have this as his career? Imagine Axl having a real 9-5 job that has hourly deadlines, he couldn't make it through a day...

It's sort of ironic that Axl complains because at the end of the day, HE is the nightmare for everyone that works for him or with him...we've all heard how he berates the crew, how he pushes away producers, musicians, friends in general...Axl Rose makes it hard on himself and then he points the finger at everyone. Hello, bi-polar!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's discuss why Axl always whines and cries about how it's so hard to do this, how it's a never ending nightmare for the last decade making this album...I mean seriously, does this guy even know how blessed he is to have this as his career? Imagine Axl having a real 9-5 job that has hourly deadlines, he couldn't make it through a day...

It's sort of ironic that Axl complains because at the end of the day, HE is the nightmare for everyone that works for him or with him...we've all heard how he berates the crew, how he pushes away producers, musicians, friends in general...Axl Rose makes it hard on himself and then he points the finger at everyone. Hello, bi-polar!

im bipolar

dude try to imagine growing up getting abused both physically and sexually by your dad.

then later wondering why your mum never helped you, then finding out who you thought was your parent but find out he wasnt really your dad.

then living on the streets with a mate then climbing to the top of the world of rock n roll.

it aint a piece of cake, if you were in his shoes, youd commit suicide when you were 16

Axl has gone through so much shit, he doesnt have a real family, no wife, no kids

only beta, ex band mates fucked off, GETTING SHIT AFTER SHIT by the fucking press and before today us constantly pressurising to release chinese democracy.

Axl Rose is a hero, you could NEVER live in his shoes, why he still tours is beyond me but i believe he does because of one thing..

BECAUSE HE IS FUCKING AXL ROSE, THE JESUS OF ROCK

Edited by The Snatcher Of The Pie

dude try to imagine growing up getting abused both physically and sexually by your dad.

then later wondering why your mum never helped you, then finding out who you thought was your parent but find out he wasnt really your dad.

then living on the streets with a mate then climbing to the top of the world of rock n roll.

it aint a piece of cake, if you were in his shoes, youd commit suicide when you were 16

Axl has gone through so much shit, he doesnt have a real family, no wife, no kids

only beta, ex band mates fucked off, GETTING SHIT AFTER SHIT by the fucking press and before today us constantly pressurising to release chinese democracy.

Axl Rose is a hero, you could NEVER live in his shoes, why he still tours is beyond me but i believe he does because of one thing..

After reading the nonsense that you wrote here I do not even know where to start. Yes Axl is a big Hero. Let's give him a parade.

Nice said

Here’s the thing, while I see what you’re getting at you’re not exactly comparing apples to apples are you? The same exact thing could be said in reverse, you have no idea the kind of expectations / pressure is put upon you once a certain level of success is achieved.

Let’s say you’re a car salesman and you’re a natural at it, you sell 10 cars+ a day, everyday. If someone could do something like that for any length of time they are going to get the reputation within the business, after a while people aren’t even shocked anymore, they expect it of you. Now, let’s say the realization of these expectations suddenly hits you right in the face; one day you were just doing what came naturally, now you’re suddenly aware you’re not the average cat and you need to keep this up, it’s inner pride. Some people thrive on this kind of pressure and some people have a harder time dealing with it. It can freeze you up bro; you stop living for the day and start trying to plan ahead, make sure you don’t disappoint, PROVE you’re not just a flash in the pan.

The hard reality is that nothing lasts forever, people are people and NOBODY is perfect. Now, just for a second, try to imagine what it must be like when seemingly EVERYONE is watching your every more, not just your peers. It’s gotta be a damn scary thing, suddenly you feel bigger than life. You went from being Joe Anybody to being someone people listen to, someone people ‘worship’. Everyone around you kisses your ass, everyone wants to do you favors; everyone wants to be your friend.

It’s easy to sit back from this side and pick apart someone that has had a lot of success; it even becomes this sick bonding type thing for people that don’t have lives of their own, it’s nothing but high school bullshit but on a world-wide scale.

Forget about this album everyone here is so worked up about. Seriously, imagine for a second that it’s YOU up on that stage looking out at TENS-OF-THOUSANDS of other people that are all staring at YOU, hanging on your every word, watching your every move. What would run through your mind? Would YOU be able to handle THAT? Now, once you reach that kind of level you’re OBLIGATED to try and keep that alive. People depend on you, not only your fans but also your family, your friends, and the people that work for you. You become your own company AND your own product. It’s not an easy thing to maintain.

A 9-5 is tedious, it can suck but at least at the end of the day you don’t get chased down by people asking you to take a picture, give an autograph, (and lots of other crazy shit you can only imagine). Nobody threatens or thows shit at you when you're trying to do your job. Sometimes you deal with it better than other times but you’re still ONLY FUCKING HUMAN. I’m not saying this dude didn’t make his own bed, all I’m saying is before you be so damn quick to judge you need to take the time to think about all sides.

Edited by damnesiac

Hello! Get a life!

... the record keeps on skipping...

Hello! Get a life!

... the record keeps on skipping...

Well put m'man!

One thing I gotta know though...is the "monkey" thing really true? Damn dude.

This is a stupid analogy.

You sound like those idiot sportstalk callers who want to rant about athletes by telling me how "if I acted this way at MY job...".

Well guess what, dude. You're not them and never will be.

Stupid road to go down. Its just 2 different worlds.

speaking of bi-polar...

i was wondering why you take so much time to write about Axl and examine his psyche in so much detail when you apparently hate the dude? you wont find me on a Britney Spears board - usually when you dont like someone, and you have the option to block that person out of your life (and god knows Axl is easy to block out) you just ignore them :confused:

Edited by Toompah

who is in favor of putting all posts by kaneda right to dust n bones?

C'mon, everyone has the right to an opinion. Plus, we all say something stupid at some time or another (especially when we're attention whoring). Thow the kid a nickel and watch him dance.