A Single Release for 2006

motownjunkie

regarding the album, fair enough they couldnt get it out this year, but why not a single?? ......i dont blame Merck for it because if GNR had of played it smart, then a single could have easily been decided and released this year.

a single while touring was the way to properly promote a march 07 release of the album, in my eyes

and the record company won't negotiate until they have the album.

And who could blame them. They've already put 13 million into this project - I doubt they want to give 'em anymore for marketing until they're absolutely sure it's going to be released.

Axl had a year to hand the album over to them. Why didn't he?

And who could blame them. They've already put 13 million into this project - I doubt they want to give 'em anymore for marketing until they're absolutely sure it's going to be released.

because dude, axl knows that if he released chinese democracy the people who like REALLY like will want to hear pure CD songs, and not that many appetite songs, which would result in a setlist dominated by 80% CD songs, which would be played at every single fuckin gig, turning off the true hardcore gn'r fan who just goes there to hear the old stuff.

pretty smart of axl to be spewing bullshit every time he is asked about the release date for CD, then lie and blame someone else, knowing that he will get away with it because his braindead ass kissing fans will believe every lie that comes out of his mouth

rock4

you dont know if it was 13 million, that is not a fact, just a guess, and you dont know if axl had a year to hand it over, you dont know shit, you are just guessing and wasting everyones time. Asshole.

Edited by Gunzen

you dont know if it was 13 million, that is not a fact, just a guess, and you dont know if axl had a year to hand it over, you dont know shit, you are just guessing and wasting everyones time. Asshole.

I believe that number was reported as fact in the NY Times article. The numbers themselves came from Geffen's own accounting records. There is no point in being a jerk about it simply because the dude points out what is believed to be the truth. Plus, the dollar figure makes sense. This album has been in the works for around 12 years. A million a year is not unheard of. Korn spent 5 million on an album a couple years back (Untouchables) and a lot of that cost was the mansion that they rented and the new recording technology that they used. Making records costs money so don't get so upset about people using that 13 million figure. IT IS TRUE!!!!

regarding the album, fair enough they couldnt get it out this year, but why not a single?? ......i dont blame Merck for it because if GNR had of played it smart, then a single could have easily been decided and released this year.

a single while touring was the way to properly promote a march 07 release of the album, in my eyes

I think the problem could be with Axl. The moment anything official is released, should it fail then it's over.

i agree the record company is being smart there waiting to get the album and then there going release a single