Dec 17th, Universal City

Darth Vader

what would be interesting is if Izzy played on any of the new songs

Well a certain member on here who seems very reliable said Izzy co-wrote some of the songs on Chinese Democracy

I find it strange that the day after gnr4tea posted that Ron will be outed and Izzy will join, Izzy comes on for maybe 3 or 4 songs (I don't know if he did the encores too), and has his own solo. And Ron didn't have a solo, not even Don't Cry.

:rolleyes:

I guess Ron was gonna be outed in May as well since Izzy made the exact same appearances.

I loved the show...I was more than happy to not sit thru the Don't Cry solo again, once in September was more than long enough. Ron's a fantastic guitar player but that Don't Cry solo just killed the energy for me last time around.

I posted a quick review at HTGTH. In a nutshell: I was in 2nd row, Axl and co. sounded fantastic, they were reasonably on time, and it was great to see Izzy. 9.5/10.

It'd be 10/10, but my only complaint is Robin showing up onstage in a top hat. Totally unnecessary and uncool. He doesn't need the top hat, his playing is good enough to where he doesn't need a sad gimmick like that. I felt it was in really poor taste. Other than that, absolutely no complaints. Solid show...I'll be at Wednesday's show...they gotta have some more surprises up their sleeve for that one!

Edited by SterileEyes

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well a certain member on here who seems very reliable said Izzy co-wrote some of the songs on Chinese Democracy

I find it strange that the day after gnr4tea posted that Ron will be outed and Izzy will join, Izzy comes on for maybe 3 or 4 songs (I don't know if he did the encores too), and has his own solo. And Ron didn't have a solo, not even Don't Cry.

Izzy confirmed that he would do more shows with Axl right before christmas in September dude..

It'd be 10/10, but my only complaint is Robin showing up onstage in a top hat. Totally unnecessary and uncool. He doesn't need the top hat, his playing is good enough to where he doesn't need a sad gimmick like that. I felt it was in really poor taste.

Yeah, you're right. Slash was the first and only musician ever to wear a top hat. No one else should be allowed to. :confused::rofl-lol:

It's about Ron not having his solo or Don't Cry for the first time ever on this tour.

This ain't the first time Ron missed out on his solo. This happened atleast once before for sure if not more. Izzy replaceing Ron is unlikely considering Ron is Buckethead's replacement and the virtuoso in the band. I mean they don't necessarily"need" Ron in that Fortus and Finck can play Buckethead's solo's ofcource they won't be of virtuoso calibre but they can fill in obviously. Which is why it makes more sense to conlude that Axl really wants Ron in the band and hopefully he ain't getting fired like some loser posted before.

this show was insane. i thought axl's voice would be sketchy since hes been on the road for a while but he was dead on. Baz tore it up too. and when izzy came on it was just the icing on the cake. my only hope is that someone taped it or recorded so i will have to remember

:heart: agreed about the top hat that slash's look and a good one at that

My little 'opinion' about the hat caused quite a stir at HTGTH.

People really don't like anything less than flattering, it's quite disturbing.

I said Robin performed well and the show was great but that the hat was in bad taste.

It's amazing people actually say sarcastic things like: '...right, and Slash is the only person to ever wear a top hat'.

Robin could come out with a wall of curly black hair one day and these geniuses will say 'Like Slash is the only person to have a mop of curly black hair...'

Amazing what people on these boards will say.

thats so funny i can't believe tthe hat comments stirred things up but its kind of slash's trade mark :xmassrudolph: honestly i never walked down a street in my life and seen someone not dressed in rock and roll clothes wearing a top hat ever. i am sure its happend but its a slash thing sorry

Edited by chesire78

First of all, this show blew the doors off of the place!! Axl was very active, his voice was incedible..the band was tight, and it was just an awesome show all around...Izzy coming on was a huge thing for the audience, as if they werent already going apeshit before that... Axl was joking with the crowd, and the band..he hugged Izzy when he came on..It was incredible!!!! I saw them at Inland Invasion, and this show blows that one away, hands down!! Axl came on at 11:40, and they just rocked the doors off... Helmet was impressive (i have seen them several times back in the early 90's, and was wondering why people were being dissapointed by them)..I thought they did a great set...Sebastian is so full of energy, and his band kicked ASS!!!!!!!!!!! I will be back on Tuesday night for another round of mind shattering Rock n Roll, the way it was meant to be... I totally think this show last night was very close to perfect, in many ways... I am sold on this band now... I was a bit weary when i saw them at Inland Invasion, but, last night, they looked comfortable, and the wall of sound with 3 guitars (and then 4 when Izzy came on)was amazing..... THANKS AXL AND GANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by GNR_RETURNS_2006

Obviously, not Slash. But I could see Matt hanging out, watching the show, ready to party, maybe with some of the guys from Camp Freddy. Besides Matt said he and Axl buried the hatchet. Who knows maybe Duff. i don't remember any bad blood between Duff and Axl.

yeah I know all of that, but why are you suspecting that there would be any old gunners at the show? Or have I missed something here?

Curiosity...maybe?

:rolleyes:

I guess Ron was gonna be outed in May as well since Izzy made the exact same appearances.

I loved the show...I was more than happy to not sit thru the Don't Cry solo again, once in September was more than long enough. Ron's a fantastic guitar player but that Don't Cry solo just killed the energy for me last time around.

I posted a quick review at HTGTH. In a nutshell: I was in 2nd row, Axl and co. sounded fantastic, they were reasonably on time, and it was great to see Izzy. 9.5/10.

It'd be 10/10, but my only complaint is Robin showing up onstage in a top hat. Totally unnecessary and uncool. He doesn't need the top hat, his playing is good enough to where he doesn't need a sad gimmick like that. I felt it was in really poor taste. Other than that, absolutely no complaints. Solid show...I'll be at Wednesday's show...they gotta have some more surprises up their sleeve for that one!

Nah. Robin wasnt trying to channel Slash. So theres no poor taste here cause it is just not his style to copy people.

I said Robin performed well and the show was great but that the hat was in bad taste.

It's amazing people actually say sarcastic things like: '...right, and Slash is the only person to ever wear a top hat'.

Robin could come out with a wall of curly black hair one day and these geniuses will say 'Like Slash is the only person to have a mop of curly black hair...'

Well in that case someone better tell Robin to stop using Les Pauls. Slash uses them too and therefore it is in poor taste for Robin to appear on stage with one. :rolleyes:

Well in that case someone better tell Robin to stop using Les Pauls. Slash uses them too and therefore it is in poor taste for Robin to appear on stage with one. :rolleyes:

Are you fucken serious? Your now saying that hes trying to be like Slash cause they use the same fucken guitar. Alot of people use Les Pauls, duh.

Ugh. Get a life.

Are you fucken serious? Your now saying that hes trying to be like Slash cause they use the same fucken guitar. Alot of people use Les Pauls, duh.

Ugh. Get a life.

I guess everyone who uses a LP wants to be like Slash? So who uses Telecasters? Who uses ESP eclipses? This is fascinating insight....