chinese democracy

Kill_YourIdols

well i think 95..as when slash presented him with the material of its 5 o' clock somewhere, he rejected it..means that he was already have plans in mind and was working on it.........

i thought that slash never showed axl the it's five o' clock somewhere material

he showed it.. but then it was rejected.. and slash released it with snakepit

am i right? :question:

My guess is 1995 is when he planted first seeds for what was gonna become "Chinese Democracy". But I don't think it really started to ammount to any real songs until around 1997. But really, the only one who knows is Mr. Axl Rose. :P

Artists like Axl will forever create music. Most of the songs that we've heard, either leaked of played live, are songs that were written well over 6/7 years ago IMO. Axl is keeping anything written after that completely out of the public eye in order to maintain the integrity of 'Chinese Democracy' or whatever he chooses to call the album when it's finally ready.

It's correct that Axl continuously moves with the times, that's why he's re-recorded songs here and there.

I'm confident of an early 07 release. The setting is perfect.

Artists like Axl will forever create music. Most of the songs that we've heard, either leaked of played live, are songs that were written well over 6/7 years ago IMO. Axl is keeping anything written after that completely out of the public eye in order to maintain the integrity of 'Chinese Democracy' or whatever he chooses to call the album when it's finally ready.

It's correct that Axl continuously moves with the times, that's why he's re-recorded songs here and there.

I'm confident of an early 07 release. The setting is perfect.

Your right about the following the times, thats why everything is getting changed so much, cuz it was good, but now axl thinks it might sound out dated. I also wonder if he'll call the final album chinese democracy, you think he would, but i think it'd be cool to change it last minute.

Artists like Axl will forever create music. Most of the songs that we've heard, either leaked of played live, are songs that were written well over 6/7 years ago IMO.

Longer than that. The titles of most of the leaked songs started surfacing around 1996, I'd guess they were probably written between 93-95.

Artists like Axl will forever create music. Most of the songs that we've heard, either leaked of played live, are songs that were written well over 6/7 years ago IMO.

Longer than that. The titles of most of the leaked songs started surfacing around 1996, I'd guess they were probably written between 93-95.

I didn't know for sure that's why I said "well over 6/7" and "IMO"... thanks for clearing that up. :)

well i think 95..as when slash presented him with the material of its 5 o' clock somewhere, he rejected it..means that he was already have plans in mind and was working on it.........

i thought that slash never showed axl the it's five o' clock somewhere material

he showed it.. but then it was rejected.. and slash released it with snakepit

am i right? :question:

Yes,you´re right.

And about how long...well, I have no idea since all I know is what I have read in internet and you know...

I don´t care about the time but about the quality of the record. If the record is good I don´t care if I have to wait 100 years or 2 days,it´s the music that matters to me. Of course I would like to have CD in my hands right now but if the band/axl need some more time to arrange things their way or because they want to do some changes or whatever, I don´t mind about the wait.

And as Leigh-Rock said, I´m also confident in early 2007 :) .

I think axl worked on the album since about 1997, almost 10 years on and off...

I think he had an album finished and ready in 1999, but he felt it wasn't good enough...

I also have a strange feeling this album was to be released many,many times but always something happened that didn't allow it to see the light of day...

this time it's for real though...

Edited by Rovim

I think axl worked on the album since about 1997, almost 10 years on and off...

I think he had an album finished and ready in 1999, but he felt it wasn't good enough...

I also have a strange feeling this album was to be released many,many times but always something happened that didn't allow it to see the light of day...

this time it's for real though...

Yeah probably. What we DON'T know is the amount of material that Axl's got/been working on that's NOT Chinese Democracy. I think from about 99/00 the album existed, and in the 7 years since, apart from touring, Axl's been working on further album material and tinkering here and there with Chinese Democracy. With every new song created, and with every now technique discovered, Axl uses these new experiences to enhance Chinese Democracy. Unfortunately for us it just delays things somewhat.

When the dust clears and the album drops, and like he said in 02, the work would already have been done for the follow-up to Chinese Democracy and he'll have half an eye on a 3rd new album in 2011/2012.

I'm sure as hell here for the duration! B)

Edited by Leigh-Rok!