Christian Rock!!!

Gracii Guns

Whether you believe or not, check out these bands if you like good music.

Delerious?

www.delerious.co.uk

thebandwithnoname

www.thebandwithnoname.com

Y Friday

www.yfiday.co.uk

ive seen them all live- and they all put on a really good show, so if you get the chance, in the UK i suggest you pop over and see them. rock3

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether you believe or not, check out these bands if you like good music.

Delerious?

www.delerious.co.uk

thebandwithnoname

www.thebandwithnoname.com

Y Friday

www.yfiday.co.uk

ive seen them all live- and they all put on a really good show, so if you get the chance, in the UK i suggest you pop over and see them. rock3

There's this neat thing called a church,if one feels so inclined to worship.

Not into the Christian rock thing...

up,up with people :tongue2:

it strikes me as like, a new way of ropin em in, y'know? before it was the devils music/nig g er music and now its suddenly acceptable? looks like jesus got hip. then again people are entitled to their beliefs i guess and music can express anything the musicians desire. like christian rap too, the gospel gangstaz that cracks me up

Edited by frankwhite

it strikes me as like, a new way of ropin em in, y'know? before it was the devils music/nig g er music and now its suddenly acceptable? looks like jesus got hip. then again people are entitled to their beliefs i guess and music can express anything the musicians desire. like christian rap too, the gospel gangstaz that cracks me up

Well the Christian rock scene has been around for years. Petra started in 1972 and Stryper (Christian metal) started in 1983. I haven't listened to Christian rock in about five years though.

Well the Christian rock scene has been around for years. Petra started in 1972 and Stryper (Christian metal) started in 1983. I haven't listened to Christian rock in about five years though.

thats relatively new...for rock n roll.

To people like me, I believe that Christian rock is the only way of worship i can connect with, because you should enjoy worshipping God- some churches do it better than others. I don't think it's a way of roping them in at all-its a way of having fun and reminding yourself that God wants you to enjoy life as part of his family. It's just like anyother gig you go to- just without the horns rock3 and drunks. :blink:

u cant be consistent to biblical christianity and listen to rock n roll really...considering content.

Sure you can. Being Christian doesn't mean that you can't enjoy good music.

As far as Christian rock, I really don't listen to it.

if you adhere to the bible fully, no u can't enjoy music. not music that aint god related. according to the bible voices (in the singing context) were made for the praise of the lord. look it up DEAR!! ;) (sorry!)

the point is, the emphasis aint on music its on propagating a religious point of view, which in turn makes the music kinda generic. rock n roll transcends religion race etc, thats what so beautiful about it.

Edited by frankwhite

Quite ironic how organized religion were quick to deign rock and roll the devil's music,it was a battle cry meant for familys to take heed and rush back to church.

Oh...but wait,the kids weren't buying that angle?

oh well...if you can't beat 'em,join 'em

"we love you Jesus ONE TWO THREE FOUR"

It's a ruse..they'll slime their way into anything to recruit new sheep.

Quite ironic how organized religion were quick to deign rock and roll the devil's music,it was a battle cry meant for familys to take heed and rush back to church.

Oh...but wait,the kids weren't buying that angle?

oh well...if you can't beat 'em,join 'em

"we love you Jesus ONE TWO THREE FOUR"

It's a ruse..they'll slime their way into anything to recruit new sheep.

exactly! like i was sayin, new way of ropin em in. where were these motherfucker when people across the south were burning beatles records or when churches were banning rock n roll and motherfuckers werent takin to court over what is basically their art. mass burning of art/literature. the fuckin nazi's did that shit. guess thats where some religionoids get their cues from. having said that, a lotta people believe in the shit and it does good for their lives n straightens people out so like john lennon said, whatever gets you thru the night, do what you do, be happy.

u cant be consistent to biblical christianity and listen to rock n roll really...considering content.

if you adhere to the bible fully, no u can't enjoy music. not music that aint god related. according to the bible voices (in the singing context) were made for the praise of the lord. look it up DEAR!! ;) (sorry!)

the point is, the emphasis aint on music its on propagating a religious point of view, which in turn makes the music kinda generic. rock n roll transcends religion race etc, thats what so beautiful about it.

My father was a minister for about 40 years and he listened to rock, etc. So yes, you can be "fully Christian" (as he is, and I am) and listen to rock music.

The Bible also says slavery is ok, and a whole lot of other stuff modern society finds to be ridiculous. It all comes down to your interpretation of the Bible.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

My father was a minister for about 40 years and he listened to rock, etc. So yes, you can be "fully Christian" (as he is, and I am) and listen to rock music.

The Bible also says slavery is ok, and a whole lot of other stuff modern society finds to be ridiculous. It all comes down to your interpretation of the Bible.

well no, if it says it ok and u believe in the bible and the religion, that is what u propagate. and if u do listen to rock music, the contradiction is there, on paper, im sorry but...cant really argue with it.

well no, if it says it ok and u believe in the bible and the religion, that is what u propagate. and if u do listen to rock music, the contradiction is there, on paper, im sorry but...cant really argue with it.

I've gotta take my dad's word on this one, as he went to seminary, as did my uncles, etc. The Bible is open to interpretation, its not just black and white. And anyway, if its a sin, Jesus died for our sins so its all good. ;)

As do many...

There's nothing wrong with being a Christian and listening to rock music.

Did your father strap on an axe and preach to the masses?

There's a time and place for worship and for people to take comfort in the teachings of the bible (or whatever their motivation).

I find "the message" being delivered via rock and roll very suspicious and not without motivation.

As do many...

There's nothing wrong with being a Christian and listening to rock music.

Did your father strap on an axe and preach to the masses?

There's a time and place for worship and for people to take comfort in the teachings of the bible (or whatever their motivation).

I find "the message" being delivered via rock and roll very suspicious and not without motivation.

David Koresh used to rock out for Jesus. ^_^

Not really Christian Rock, but I was forced by some friends to go to a gig by a Christian Ska band called "Seeker's Planet" a year ago or so, and it was horrible.

I always focus on the lyrics in songs, and since I can't accept and agree with these religious beliefs, this concert was not really enjoyable for me.

Leave religion out of music please.

Edited by Spoon87