VAN HALEN REUNITING!! With David Lee Roth

coolio GNR

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ticket prices would have been high, the prices were high in 2004 with the Sammy reunion, they would have been higher with the Dave reunion. Ed only cares about the money now......of course, maybe he doesn't care about the money since he's the one who ruined this potential tour. I would have paid the money to see Ed and Dave on stage again. I guess I should thank Ed for saving me some money.

I paid $85 for my ticket for the 2004 Van Hagar tour at the Greensboro Coliseum.

I paid $75 for my ticket for the 2006 Guns n' Roses show at the same venue, for a comparable ticket category. That's fairly close, but Van Hagar was better known than new Gn'R.

The plot thickens!!

Ed has checked into rehab.

If Dave decides to pull a no-show Monday night, he is indeed a total selfish prick. Come on Dave, gimme a break.

No, the Hall of Fame people are just douchebags. They won't let members of the band perform unless it's all of them. What crap is that? Just let Slash fill in for Eddie and Matt fill in for Alex, let Mikey take bass, and let Sam and Dave take turns singing. Christ, don't steal the glory from the members that are showing up.

Edited by DirtyDeeds

The plot thickens!!

If Dave decides to pull a no-show Monday night, he is indeed a total selfish prick. Come on Dave, gimme a break.

No, the Hall of Fame people are just douchebags. They won't let members of the band perform unless it's all of them. What crap is that? Just let Slash fill in for Eddie and Matt fill in for Alex, let Mikey take bass, and let Sam and Dave take turns singing. Christ, don't steal the glory from the members that are showing up.

Why is that? They let Blondie sing without the other members and they were there!

It's in the mission statement:

The Mission on the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame is to honor a few obscure one-hit-wonders from the late '50s the board lusted over as children, as well as hip-hop, disco and anything not rock n' roll. The suits running a hall of fame of rebels are against anything minutely fun or against a set agenda and schedule. We are for the "honoring" of our inductees in the most insulting way possible, and we promote angering our inductees as well as their fans. Pissing off both at the same time is a bonus.
From vhlinks.com
Just read this ridiculous quote from R&R Hall Of Fame President Joel Peresman:

"We had tried for weeks to be able to have a Van Halen performance by any incarnation of Van Halen. But when we were told that could not happen, we turned to the fantastic Velvet Revolver who we felt could best represent the spirit and music of both eras of Van Halen. It would not be fair or appropriate to represent Van Halen by just one of their members performing. We will keep a seat open for David should he change his mind."

Edited by DirtyDeeds

The plot thickens!!

one break comming up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i think Eddie Van Halen is a fucking prick for this reason:

"Guitarist PAT SMEAR was horrified when his hero EDDIE VAN HALEN appeared in a drunken stupor backstage at one of NIRVANA's gigs - as the ageing rocker made a total fool of himself. Smear was dumbstruck when the JUMP rocker drunkenly dropped to his knees and begged KURT COBAIN to let him join the Nirvana on stage for a number. After being refused, Van Halen lost even more of his dignity when he turned to Smear and demanding to play on 'the Mexican's guitar' - Smear is part Cherokee and part black. Smear says, 'He was just being a freak. Like all of us, he got too f**ked up in public once and embarrassed himself.' "

thats not all of it either, he called him "the dark one" and "a raji". fuckin idiot..Pat Smear is a God.

The plot thickens!!

one break comming up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ya beat me to it! :rofl-lol:

Slash is a fucking piece of shit if he goes ahead with this performance. Fuck the Rock N' Roll Hall of fame. Slash should just have Dave come up and sing with VR anyway.

Did you ever consider that Slash/Duff/Weiland are Van Halen fans? Maybe its just me, but Velvet Revolver inducting Van Halen and playing a couple of songs is a great consolation prize(since Eddie won't be there). And Dave can go on stage if he wants. Hell, when Phil Spector was inducted he went onstage with 2 armed body guards(a few years later he killed a girl, why he's not in jail by now I don't know).

The Van Halen saga continues, I wouldn't be surprised if Wolfie shows up on his dad's behalf. That would be nice.

I don't know who Pat Smear is. But what I do know is that is one of the most horrible names a guy could have.

Pat Smear, formerly of The Germs (california punk rock originators) nirvana (need no intro) Foo Fighters (same applies). THAT Pat Smear...

pat13.jpg

i think Eddie Van Halen is a fucking prick for this reason:

"Guitarist PAT SMEAR was horrified when his hero EDDIE VAN HALEN appeared in a drunken stupor backstage at one of NIRVANA's gigs - as the ageing rocker made a total fool of himself. Smear was dumbstruck when the JUMP rocker drunkenly dropped to his knees and begged KURT COBAIN to let him join the Nirvana on stage for a number. After being refused, Van Halen lost even more of his dignity when he turned to Smear and demanding to play on 'the Mexican's guitar' - Smear is part Cherokee and part black. Smear says, 'He was just being a freak. Like all of us, he got too f**ked up in public once and embarrassed himself.' "

thats not all of it either, he called him "the dark one" and "a raji". fuckin idiot..Pat Smear is a God.

Sounds like Pat Smear felt sorry for Ed, he said Ed got drunk and made an ass of himself. Thats not a surprise, Ed is a full blown alcoholic and has been for years. I also heard a story from Courtney Love(probably the same show), she said Ed was back-stage at a Nirvana show, and Kurt Cobain went up to him and kissed him on the lips. Kurt later explained, "I had to do that."

Anyway, I can't imagine Eddie Van Halen playing on stage with Nirvana, I don't know what song they could have played. I would have loved to see it though.