New NIN album in April

46 & 2

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Feb 14 2007, 01:58 PM)
That is strange. Trent must getting a good kick outta this. All the fans serching for stuff and all that...

Supposedly this is a fake story, but the info behind the leaking of this track is that a fan tracked a phone number printed on something on the website and it led to a bathroom stall where he found a flash drive and on the flash drive was this song...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Feb 14 2007, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That is strange. Trent must getting a good kick outta this. All the fans serching for stuff and all that...

Supposedly this is a fake story, but the info behind the leaking of this track is that a fan tracked a phone number printed on something on the website and it led to a bathroom stall where he found a flash drive and on the flash drive was this song...

Now, sorry but that sounds so crazy to me. What does sound right tho is them leaking the song on the net to get the hype up, no dramatic story behind it or anything. Only my pet theory tho...

man this is insane. ive been through the 90 odd pages at echoing the sound board, this is possibly the most elaborate and incredible marketing campaign for an album EVER.

by the way...leaking 'my violent heart' on valentines day...cute!

How long was it before the release of With Teeth when it leaked onto the Internet?

I bought the album when it came out, and I'm sure I'll buy Year Zero, but I'm just curious how long it usually is before these albums hit the 'net. I'm sure I'll be tempted to download it beforehand and preview some songs. :tongue2:

it was leaked three weeks before it came out and was on his myspace page 1 week before it came out..

No, the phone number gives us a clip of "Survivalism."

The flash drive story is separate.

Robin Finck was at tonight's show in Madrid! I'll make a thread in Discussion and News once the pictures start to come in.

Also, they found another flash drive containing "My Violent Heart" in a bathroom. I think it's safe to say Trent's purposely leaking it.

Edited by Rebel Yell

EDIT: This track did not leak. It's supposedly part of a marketing game by NIN. They put clues on websites and the fans decoded a secret message which led to this song being posted or something. I dunno. I'm confused by the whole thing.

Someone on last.fm put the track through a frequency analyzer and found this image:

holyfuckingshitea8.png

Supposedly it's an image of "The Presence." I have no idea what that's supposed to mean but apparently NIN fans are getting a mega kick out of it.

aparantly in trents year zero there is this drug in the water when taken people see the presence..the image is the hand of god spoken of first in the song the wretched from there album the fragile..some one found this song in the bathroom in madrid..pretty cool

Does anyone have any lyrics to this song yet??

You and I, we may look the same

But we are very far apart

There's bullet-holes where my compassion used to be

And there is violence in my heart

Into fire you can send us

From the fire we return

You can label us a consequence

Of how much you have to learn

You can try but you'll never understand

This is something you will never understand

Can you hear it now?

Hear it coming now?

Can you hear it now?

On hands and knees

We crawl

You cannot stop us all

Our bones, our skin

We will not let you win

You have set something in motion

Much greater than you've ever known

Standing there in all your grand naivety

About to reap what you have sown

Time will feed upon your weaknesses

And soon you'll lose the will to care

When you return to the place that you call home

We will be there, we will be there

On hands and knees

We crawl

You cannot stop us all

Our blood will stay

We will not go away

On hands and knees

We crawl

You can not stop us all

Our blood our ways

Will never leave this place

We crawl

We crawl

We crawl

We crawl

----------------

The loud noise at the very end of the song is what makes "The Presence."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=66881

----------------------------------------------------------------

COMMENT | LOST ALBUMS I'VE HEARD RUMORS ABOUT

posted by : Brother Maynard

2/12/2007 5:09:25 PM

The Who had the Lighthouse Project that eventually became Who's Next. The entire project actually exists but on a few different releases.

Rush had a concept Lp of material before Permanent Waves and after Hemispheres. The only existing material that made was the music to Natural Science on PW. Also, Rush put out a single before their first album containing a Buddy Holly cover and another song. They also used to cover The Beatles, Bad Boy which can be found on bootlegs. None of those 3 songs can be found anywhere easily although it would have been nice to seem suface on Feedback some years ago.

Pantera believe it or not has about 2 albums (maybe more) of material recorded that never made it into Phil's hands for lyrics or vocals. Dime and Darrell have recorded volumes of jams and complete songs that may or may not ever see the light of day including the Gasoline project with Rex.

There's also about 30 hours of recorded material from The Beatles Let if Be sessions still sitting in a vault somewhere. George Martin and Paul McCartney both say there's nothing there of value but 30 hours?

Chinese Democracy really doesn't exist. There are songs that may eventually be release under that moniker but Axl simply has no ideas that can stand up to past material. By the way, irregardless of what the album says, Wes Arkeen wrote all the lyrics for Appetite for Destruction and was paid off to go away and then he eventually died. The entire bamd refuses to this day to comment on lyrical content of that album.

Rob Halford also has a solo album in the can. He provided a song for the original Buffy the Vampire movie which cannot be found anywhere else but the soundtrack. That song came from Rob's first solo Lp which never got released. Although some songs eventually became Priest, Halford or Fight songs, most of it sits largely unreleased.

Everyone knows the story of Prince's Black Album.

My guess is that just about every band

What the HELL does that have to do with Nine Inch Nails?? :question:

I guess I thought it was a relevant post...sorry :fuckyou::laugh:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Feb 16 2007, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
I love how "Survivalism" hit the radios march 6th

LOL. Now that has to be a poke...

thats what I was thinking

survivalisim was played on kroq today as well as other stations thruout the U.S. but the singel will be released soon

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Feb 16 2007, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
I love how "Survivalism" hit the radios march 6th

LOL. Now that has to be a poke...

thats what I was thinking

survivalisim was played on kroq today as well as other stations thruout the U.S. but the singel will be released soon

It was also played in Canada as well. I find that odd since it was announced as march 6th being the play date... from what i understand

I can't believe we have already heard two tracks

I'm so jealous of all those die hare NIN fans. I just joined one of those NIN forums and they have like 1000 thread dedicated to their little conspiracies. The best is, they know they're going to get Year Zero on the day Trent say's they're going to. I can't fucking wait for Year Zero!

Survivalism and MVH Rock!!!